Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I don't think it did overlook that considering it mentioned it almost right at the start of that section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Sheldrake posted:

I need a movie poster font nerd's help. What's the font on the Tree of Life poster?
What the font?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

The MSJ posted:

Christopher Nolan will cast him in something, surely?
Is there a joke I'm not getting here? Because he was already in Batman Begins...

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Tewratomeh posted:

I heard the second was pretty mediocre, but the poster has more going for it than just "LOGO - TEXT". It's simple but effective, in a cheesy 80's B-movie kind of way.
It's worse than mediocre. I loved the first one and went to the premiere of the second in London, and was utterly baffled that it got a standing ovation at the end. It's pretty terrible.

Look at those douchebags.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Dissapointed Owl posted:

:stare:

Was it a 'foreign movie courtesy clap' or something? That movie was pretty bad.
No it was a proper "poo poo YES BRAVO" thing. I think someone literally said "Bravo!"

Edit: I should point out that the crowd laughed every time a dead/number left alive notification came on-screen. I don't know. Maybe they thought it was a comedy?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Tewratomeh posted:

The first was a satire, so that was probably an apt interpretation unless the second was supposed to be super-serious and a complete departure from the first.
If we were supposed to laugh at the copious amounts of whiny teenage angst (I learned the Japanese for "shut up" from this film because that was about 80% of the dialogue) then I guess they were bang on. But this is getting off-topic...

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Spatula City posted:

EDIT: Wait, no, never mind. This is my poor spatial awareness loving with me. :doh:
That's not poor spatial awareness. That's wonky eyes, that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

casa de mi padre posted:

Video game poster art:

There are various versions that ruin it with logos and text but I remember being mesmerized by this as a kid. And now I appreciate the effort that must have gone into this. An awful lot of work for some silly RPG.
Why would you not post the name of it, except to be deliberately obtuse?