Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

scary ghost dog posted:

It's gross because it smells.

If your bathroom smells on a constant basis, you're doing something wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I'd take any of those covers over the Special Edition Movie Tin Version.

It's the size of a disc.

I have one of those from way back. It was for Total Recall and it came in a tiny tin that looked like Mars.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
But where's Veronica Corningstone?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Man, I can't wait to watch The Great Catsby.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

TheJoker138 posted:

I can't wait for The Great Gatsby featuring CGI car chases and Kanye West as Gatsby, coming this Christmas in REAL D 3D.

Nicky C. - "Look, bootleggers! Whadda' we do?"
Gat'B - "To the Gatmobile!"

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Suzuki Method posted:

Something about Batman's profile in that last one looks really doofy. :downs:

I've never liked the tight neckpiece on his cowl. Makes him look like he's got a lollipop head. Something about the mouth opening on the cowl bugs me as well. It's too narrow and and fits too snug so it presses in under his nose and makes him look like a person wearing a scuba mask.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

AndyP posted:

The only thing that can drive me away from a film faster than Morgan Spurlock's name, is Morgan Spurlock's hairy chest.

There was an early image of this poster going around that listed the director as "Morgan Spurloctk".

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

LesterGroans posted:

Chris Pine always looks like a Thunderbirds marionette on posters.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Baron von Eevl posted:

Wait, what's Joey Fat One doing in this? Is Family Feud not payin' the bills these days?

Hey he's still got that regional Price is Right thing going on.

Although I doubt Price is Right is even paying Drew Carey's bills. How much do they pay a man to stiffly stand around and have no charm or charisma or rapport with the contestant whatsoever?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Lizard Combatant posted:

Aubergine. Or is 'eggplant' the colour? Eh, aubergine sounds better.

Yeah, it sounds better if your Eurotrash. :colbert:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Ehh, I'd pay $250 for the actual poster, not just the art.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Nyarlothotep posted:

I can't even tell what kind of building he's supposed to be standing in. Is it just a generic factory?

Looks like a Porta-Potty storage depot.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

achillesforever6 posted:

Eh I prefer this poster for Taken 2

I prefer the international version. Truer to the spirit of the filme.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Someone needs to make a film called Bioscoop, and it'll be about Pauly Shore and Stephen Baldwin running a Dutch movie theatre.

"Just 'cause we run the theatres, don't mean we can't show off our peters!" *various weasel sounds*

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Rahonavis posted:

Would somebody who has a great deal more free time than I do kindly Photoshop in the faces of the leads from the other film of this title and change the tagline to something about shooting cancer in the face?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Jasta posted:

The cancer ribbon is such a nice touch.

That was the last thing I added. I was just about to save the image and thought "Hmmm, it's missing something. Wait.... waitwaitwait.... ribbons! What colour are cancer ribbons?!"

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Don't worry, as it's closer to release they'll make some posters of just the faces of the main characters, mugging for the camera to show just how kooky and zany the movie will be.

They'll probably have taglines under them too, like "The Girl", "The Dog", "The Man of Metal", "The Strawman", the "The King", and "The Wiz".

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Dorthy and friends will not be in it. it's a movie about the Wizard.

drat, that's true now that I think about it. Still, I wouldn't doubt that the writers will try and fit a few nods to them in there somewhere. The Wiz walks past a Scarecrow, see a lion in the distance, that sort of thing.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Dillbag posted:

Did someone mention The Wiz?

The Flying Monkeys and those accordian marionnettes that come to life still freak me out to this day. That movie is :catdrugs: in visual form.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

VoidBurger posted:

Where's "Of The?" I can only spot "THE RETURN KING" which sounds like the lamest nickname ever for a Blockbuster patron.

It's just to the right of the word "Return", but it's so stupidly stylized that it's nigh unreadable.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

kiimo posted:

Dude what the hell are you talking about? You should post this on the Hobbit thread and see how quickly it gets shot down.

Starting with the 48 FPS which you have the option of seeing or not seeing. And depth isn't the issue, it is how your eye jumps when you scan in real life as opposed to how the 48 FPS doesn't that gives it the soap opera effect. The Hobbit is going to be awesome.

I don't know the entire story behind this, but haven't a lot of people who've seen parts of it say it looks like poo poo?

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 9, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
It would look a little cooler of the chainmail effect was a tad more realistic. I don't expect him to wear a costume that actually looks like chainmail, but as it stands now it just looks like rubber stamped with a design at best, the bottom of someones shoe at worst.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Yeah, wasn't that the scene where they were talking about if you can't walk away from your entire life in the blink of an eye, then don't do the job?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
When exactly did fan posters mean taking some obscure part of the film and making that the point of the poster?

For Heat, you might as well have a broken TV be the focus of the poster, with a car peeling out in the background. Or Jaws, and make the poster just a closeup of an ugly swimming cap. Or Mad Max, with the poster focusing on a boomerang. Etc etc etc etc etc etc etc........

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Hewlett posted:

.... will go "Oh, I remember this, other people don't, and that means this is COOL!"

This, this is it. This is the best summary of fandom I've ever read.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I think it just comes down to a cost issue. Even with custom giant vinyl printings, you'd need a ton of them to cover the side of the building and it would cost a fortune. Large-format painters I'm sure command a decent sum as well, but probably just a fraction of a what the multiple printings to make up that size would.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Did that steal the whole concept from Uncle Buck?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

MrBling posted:

Did Dave Foley lose weight or did they just photoshop him thin?

He was definitely starting to look like a middle-aged lesbian there for a while.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Madkal posted:

This is by far the creepiest and weirdest part of the poster. I know it is the angle and all but it seriously looks like the kid has one ear. And down syndrome.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Codependent Poster posted:

I hope the sequel is Bears. Then Bear 3. Then Bear Resurrection.

Then B5ar.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Robert Denby posted:

That's a bad poster, alright, but it's not the main event here. Today's the day you lucky people get to see what Robert De Niro and Robin Williams' faces look like when they come.

Oh, I'm not done yet. IMP Awards has a much bigger version of this poster up. Witness the horror!

The Big Wedding: Comedy Doesn't Get Any Whiter!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Paranormal Activity 4: Who Wants to Bet That Someone Gets Dragged Away and Another Gets Thrown At The Camera? Oren Pelli Puts It In Everything He's Ever Done!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I wonder if Dunst is going to get her snaggle-teeth fixed one of these days.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Nihonniboku posted:

It's because he is actually wearing makeup to look like a younger Bruce Willis. This was not an accident.

I don't know, I'd say that make-up job was an "accident".

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Goodfellas wouldn't really be as good without SLJ.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Original concept by Shumacher:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Woah, is Joaquin Phoenix back to doing movies again? He hasn't been in anything since I'm Still Here, right? That was a couple years ago. And that was about how he hadn't been in anything in a couple years before that. Awesome!

Have you see the trailer for The Master yet? Dude is looking gaunt and old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Clearly there is only one way to fix the Batman eye issue: