Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Mister Chief posted:

The UK cover is the best and the one I'll be ordering since Amazon UK always have the cheapest blu-rays and I'll probably be picking up a few other titles.

The Canadian one is the best. Doesn't have all the poo poo on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Mister Chief posted:

I wonder if Bill Oberst, JR. plays the horse or the dog.

Man that's just pandering.

"What do little girls like?"
"Princesses? Ponies?"
"Hmm..."

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Puppy.

Because alliteration.

"Johnson, do you know just how much revenue we lost because you didn't put 'Puppy' in the title?!"

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Mister Chief posted:

Is that not the Japanese poster? I would have thought the film would be banned in China.

It could be from Hong Kong or Taiwan. Also the languages are different.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

kiimo posted:

Batman and Robin, to this day, is one of the single worst movies I have ever had the displeasure of making it all the way through.

George Clooney will personally refund anyone who paid to see it in theatres.

Still waiting, Mr. Clooney.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Movies capitalizing on history and suffering always seem to leave a bad taste in my mouth, with few exceptions.

Wait, what? History, as in the past ~10,000 years of human existence? Do you only watch modern-day comedies or something? You're going to have to explain this further because if not you have disturbingly narrow-minded taste in movies.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Vikings: also too cool to look at burning stuff behind them. Also, Dominic Purcell looks weird with that hair; maybe because I'm more used to seeing him with less.

"Jon Foo" is an actor of Irish-Chinese descent. In a viking movie.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

davidspackage posted:

I imagine "the untold story" is meant for people confused by the fact that this is like the fastest remake ever, and can use a reminder that it's not a movie they've already seen.

Well not quite, it's been 10 years since the first Spider-man movie, and it was only 5 years between Hulk movies. But people actually watched the first (3) Spider-man movies so they shouldn't think they can get away with it so easy.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Bimmi posted:

I hope those aren't her nipples.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Slasherfan posted:

Wow, that's pretty cheeky!

Who ever designed that could use a hand or two!

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

PriorMarcus posted:

This looks like a cover for a young adult vampire book. The title is nearly unreadable and it's layout is incredibly confused and boring. The white space everywhere is horrific.

The other two you posted are much better.

I think the second one looks like the "adult" version of the young adult novel.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

I love how the tip is pink. That way you know it's for girls.

How does Maggie Gyllenhaal look hot in some movies and ugly in others? I don't get it. Her brother on the other hand... :shlick:

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Desperado Bones posted:

The first thing that came to my mind was that scene, because I watched the movie and was severely traumatized by it. If I hadn't I'm sure I would had agreed with you all.

It does recall that scene, but in a more abstract way.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Isn't "black rainbow" an oxymoron?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

The previous two posts (and their respective avatars) is the funniest thing I've read today.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Robert Denby posted:

What is this? We've got a leg, a dog, an ugly, huge poorly placed barcode, and Lawrence Kasdan's name in big font three times. No indication as to what the movie is about.

It barely looks like a human leg. It might be some horrible flesh colored hoof. Is that supposed to be a high heel shoe? If so, was it drawn in Paint with the thickest brush option?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Kinda hard to read, though.

He's only there to draw in the machine audience.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Dissapointed Owl posted:

How come?

Yeah... this means you either haven't seen or didn't like Aguirre, the Wrath of God, and both are sins.

The Triumphant posted:

Wait. They made a computer game based on the Werner Herzog version of Nosferatu?
I'd loving love for more video games based on Herzog movies. Any movie will do, really.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

It would be funny if the The Departed rip-off was Infernal Affairs (but it's not)

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

zenintrude posted:

The Engrishy tagline is more damning than any of the Photoshopping...

"In seventies, no one could have expected a swedish band to conquer the world"

Good photoshop, bad writing. WALT. WATERLOO. LIZ. All bland and boring titles. "Dad of the Dead" is acceptable but it's also pretty obvious.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

The Triumphant posted:

...this looks like the most Cronenberg-y thing since Videodrome, oh my god.

Absolutely, there's nothing wrong with the style of films he's been making since A History of Violence, but this still feels overdue.

It was only a few weeks ago that I finally caught Dead Ringers, and holy poo poo did that feel like a punch in the stomach (in a good way).

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I really love this poster:

And this one on the other hand... terrible.

So is The Hunter a brooding psychological thriller, or an inspirational family film?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Spatula City posted:

Jackie Brown is the best Tarantino movie, by a really wide margin. It's almost a perfect movie. Pam Grier and Robert Forster should have won Oscars for it. :colbert:

I agree wholeheartedly and it disappoints me that more people don't think this. It's incredibly smartly written and superbly acted, and it's what you should show to people who don't like Tarantino.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Armyman25 posted:

How the gently caress can you not name The Long Good Friday

http://youtu.be/FVVrZJaN1IU

He said since Roger Rabbit or Super Mario Bros.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

futureproof posted:

My brain can't even compute this.

Is basic punctuation not in style anymore? :pwn:

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Dissapointed Owl posted:

But I seem to be in the minority here when I say that it looks dumb.

The rest of us probably like it stylistically and aren't trying to make literal sense of it.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm more impressed with how her hair seems to be perfectly dry, and perfectly straight, despite being in a windy torrential downpour. She must be using some mad product in her hair to keep it looking like that in those conditions.

Maybe they misspelled "RINSE"

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I really hate this. It looks like Chloe Sevigny, who I love, doing a Ms. 45 thing, which I also love. But those tags are like caution tape.

"The Brown Bunny" besides being terrible, ruined her career for me. I keep thinking instead of "Golden Globe Winner" it should say "Dude she totally gave that guy a BJ in that movie."

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

I hope he chose that Matrix line for how funny it is.

Out of all the possible pseudo-philosophical lines from the movie that could be on there, he picks one that isn't even about the Matrix itself?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The one for Heat I'm sure is the worst.

Heat, the epic Los Angeles drama about a showdown between two ping-pong players... or frying pans...

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Seriously, I've seen Heat more times than I can count and I have no idea what the gently caress this is supposed to be:

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

piratepilates posted:

The scene where the two main characters and big actors have coffee together? Those being their cups of coffee? I haven't even see the movie and I know what those were instantly (it's still dumb)

That's the most sensible explanation I suppose, but it's funny, because in that scene the coffee cups are obscured by other stuff on the table and they never actually drink. It's a really, really lovely idea.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Is the official title of the movie "the twilight saga: breaking dawn: part 2"?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

edit: double post

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

I saw Bear a while ago, and then some time later I saw the episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia where they get lost in the woods, and I get them mixed up in my head now.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Max22 posted:

I really like the fact that they brought on the directors of Catfish for 3 and 4.

I'm not gonna watch them, I just like it.

Hahaha, I got dragged to see Catfish because my friend thought it was a horror movie.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

itrorev posted:

Wait, wait, hold on there...(RE1&3 poilers) Didn't Michelle Rodriguez's and Oded Fehr's characters die? Ah hell why am I asking this... whichever way they're resurrected, no matter how utterly retarded it may be, will be the least ridiculous part about this film.

A significant amount of characters that Michelle Rodriguez plays tend to come back from the dead for some reason (Lost, Fast Five)

PS. Last Crusade rules and the tank scene is one of the best action scenes ever

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Jasta posted:

I've yet to see it. I guess I better got on it.

And, yes, this poster is also great.

It's the slipcover. The physical case of the DVD is meant to look like a Betamax tape.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Mister Chief posted:

Worst tagline ever?

Well it's not me in the picture, and I know I'm me, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Atasi posted:

I think it's time for a worldwide ten year moratorium on all Silent Hill and Biohazard products; games, movies, comics, everything.

There needs to be a moratorium on movie subtitles that begin with the letter R.