Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Paul Coffey posted:

I saw in a picture that Nike was going to make those high-school looking jackets for different NFL teams - with the wool body and leather arms and logo on the chest - I need to figure out which teams version is nicest because my dad wants a coat like that but doesn't even watch football - he wants the Rangers one from the last winter Hockey Classic but they're like $700 and he doesn't even like the Rangers he just likes the coat! I hope I can get one in time for fathers day!

Mitchell & Ness have those varsity jackets but with the obvious older logos. Last I checked they were around 300$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

GLOSS posted:

We got the replica jerseys in at work today, so of course I tried one on. The material is much heavier than the mesh the Reebok ones used to have, and without the sheen those had as well, the look isn't as nice. On top of that, they cut the shoulders like they're a women's baby tee, so if you try to raise your arms above rib level, the entire jersey pulls up with it and the bottom of your jersey ends up around your chest level. If they're gonna keep with this cut for the next 5 years, then I guess I won't be buying a new jersey over that time.

It's just nike's way for motivating us all to not be so fat :smith: But honestly do the sleeves look like how P Rivers from the bolts wears his wear they kinda flare out, or the opposite of that?

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

So the only difference for the Cowboys* mid range is:
Zoned stretch fabric for a close fit
Water repelling fabric to stay lightweight all day

*They opted out for the flywire, I wanted the novelty of it :smith:

So yeah think I'm getting A Limited (hopefully Lee) and then get the Elite if they win A playoff game :toxx:

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Rap posted:

Somebody post that gif of an inside run where he gets to the point of attack and then just hops up and down like a loving guinea pig

The Chargers v Jets play off game?

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

MissileWaster posted:

Jerseys are up for preorder now. Cowboys don't have Sean Lee, and for some reason they have DeMarco Murray Gameday but not Elite.

Also seeing the team color jerseys, the stars on the sleeves are different now, judging by the pictures. The color of the inside of the star is closer to the shade of blue on the white jerseys, versus the old jerseys it was the same color as the rest of the jersey which looks better to me.

Yeah that blue star on the sleeves looks loving terrible. Thanks Cowboys for having to mismatch the jerseys for no reasons even more. Guess I'll get a Blue Witten or maybe an Austin? P Sure I'm going to wait till June and get the Limited, going tab/tab for the Gameday/Elite really shows the differences and if it's cheaper to get midrange and only difference is water wicking, I think I'm sold. I couldn't tell what people were talking about when they said it looked like a shirt, but Tab/Tab the two and it's like looking at a Jersey and a longer Dri Fit shirt with screen pritned smaller numbers.

squarerandom fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Apr 15, 2012

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

japtor posted:

I remember someone asked about shoes before, looks like there's two types, "NFL Dunk" (dunk? :psyduck:) high and low, not sure how to get to them other than going to the team pages first. They're also customizable to an extent if you don't like the given color layouts, stuck with the colors they give though.

That was me, Thanks man. Goin through them now. It's "Dunk" because that's the base Nike Sneaker they're using." I have some all blacks, they're pretty comfy.

squarerandom fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 15, 2012

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

I don't get why everyone says the Steelers new uniforms look like beads :confused:

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Chimeric posted:

Haha, beautiful

I'm gonna buy a Cowboys one, gently caress it 28$ gets me either a decent knockoff like my Double Star, an exact replica like my other 3 or a missized retarded love child of a nike drifit shirt and reebok parts. I'll do a trip report!

haha the cowboys jerseys have a flywire in the picture they opted out of that

squarerandom fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 26, 2012

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Tara Jersey is on the pulse!

Get your Andrew Luck jersey!

Just finished my order, was 53$? 20$ Shipping :negative: But at least I'll have an Austin jeresy, now stay healthy, you smiling rear end in a top hat.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

KidDynamite posted:

Why wouldn't you just spend the extra 30 bucks on a Nike?

Nike's aren't 83$. 53$ was the total sorry If I posted that stupidly. But I'm getting the mid tier jersey regardless this summer. This is just to see how these are like I said; either I get a Reebok and it's whatever, a Nike GameDay tshirt style jersey and it's a bit cheaper than the nike/dallascowboys stores, or I actually get the "elite" knockoff without the water repellant or something. So 53$ isn't bad for A trial and error. Plus returns are free.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Vintimus Prime posted:

When you get the jerseys, can you give us a quick run down? I am looking into getting a couple for me and my girl.

Sure. For record I've never had a problem with any from tarajersey (I just bought her kids Large, fit her like a diamond.) So can't wait to see what I get out of this!

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Schwack posted:

Hey here is some jersey news!!! My dad and I ordered some Seahawks replica jerseys in 31 and 29 so we can basically make up 1/2 of the Seahawks DB corps!! What a great story. Anybody else have a football dad? That's always a good derail.

Yup, he saw me ordering my Austin jersey and simply says " Better not be A ROMO jersey. I would've been a better pick than that joke. Too bad I went to go serve our country."

To be fair he did play HS football in Texas and was all star QB and all that cliche poo poo. He has his helmet still, and still likes to tell stories about those days.

I just realized my dad is Al Bundy and Hank Hill rolled into one.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Isaac Bruce Bowen posted:

fffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Saw a Jets reebok stitched TEBOW jersey up in Santa Cruz this past weekend :negative:

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Vintimus Prime posted:

When you get the jerseys, can you give us a quick run down? I am looking into getting a couple for me and my girl.

They emailed me "We are currently out of stock because the Nike jerseys are still in production, Can we keep your order and send it when we get the jerseys?"

lol no.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Chimeric posted:

Is it me or does this knock-off Nike Elite not look quite right? At all?

Still haven't got my refund from that website, just to let you know.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Chimeric posted:

Hmm, how did they say they were going to refund it? I ordered four jerseys a few months back and they emailed me to say that three of them were out of stock (naturally they don't tell you this until you've already paid them) and would I like to switch those three for a different set? When I said I'd rather have my money back they offered to refund via paypal but I asked them to refund directly to my credit card if possible. Had my refund in three or four days. I've ordered from those guys a few times and I really haven't had any problem with the quality of the merchandise or refunds. Mostly I'm just mad because they never ever have any Angerer jerseys yet they taunt me by listing them on their site :argh:

Yeah it was paypal, I'll email em back to send it to my card

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

MissileWaster posted:

The Dallas Cowboys Pro Shops have the gameday and Elite jerseys, they're actually pretty slick. But yeah, the gameday ones seem to be effectively pointless once the middle tier comes out.

I talked to the person working, she said they should be getting other players like Murray and Lee in July, for now they have Witten, Romo, Austin, Bryant, and Ware.

Did they say the Lee/Murray jerseys are going to be in shop only or online as well? I need A Lee jersey for the cowboys/chargers preseason game at least drat't

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

mints posted:

if it weren't so expensive I want a Saints jersey with Ridiculous/3 on the back, since it's Bobby Hebert's old number and a word he seems to LOVE to say on the radio.

Some guy at my store has a Ryan Mathews jersey from the Chargers with two T's because he thinks the NFL shop spelled the guys name wrong :shepface:

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

So after a month, I finally got the refund from christmas-jersey or whatever the gently caress that site was, I'm sticking to Tarajersey :colbert:. Ordering the Cowboys Nike Hi Tops next though, so I'll post those whenever, It's like a jersey for your feet!

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Why not cheer for a team with more?

We have 5 :smug: one for every point on our star :smug: any undershirt is good as long as it's not a shirtsey.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Minor bowl T-shirts are the best.

I rock my SDSU New Orleans Bowl shirt whenever I get the chance.

Texas Holiday Bowl over Cal, hell yessssss

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Pops Mgee posted:

Not technically jersey related but I ordered a pair of those Nike shoes that were linked earlier in the thread and they're pretty rad.

Yesss So PUMPED for ordering the cowboys oens then. How long did it take to ship?

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is there a consensus site I should be checking out for cheap jerseys? My buddy was looking at https://www.cheapjerseyswin.net but that looked beyond lovely.

whatjersey.com was recommended earlier in this thread. Any others?

Tarajersey updated their site. So they actually have the Elite (and limited for some reason.) They also have the full roster custom jerseys now, Finally I can get my Jesse Holley reality tv star jersey! Or maybe an Acosta jersey, but I bet when the mailman delivers it, the package will be thrown over my house.

Still can't decide between Carr, Mo, Lee and Murray though :argh:

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

SteelAngel2000 posted:

San Diego is wearing all whites for the first time next week

I sorta like them :)

Those are so legit. I got view seats so I don't think a white shirt is going to help me sunday though :(

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

Where is this?

http://www.msusurplusstore.com/servlet/Categories?category=Athletics%3AJersey

apparently A lot of colleges of these surplus stores?

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Febreeze posted:

So I just found a slick Black LaMichael James Ducks jersey in Goodwill for 4 bucks. Anybody else ever find stuff in thrift stores? I check the two near me regularly, and I finally struck something worth buying. I saw a Roethlisberger one once, and a Jags garrard jersey, neither were worth the purchase.

The store Ross out here in San Diego, ALWAYS has browns shirts and jerseys. It's the weirdest drat thing. Tons of charger hats, shirts, acessories etc, then Browns Jerseys and polos. I did see A DeMarcus Ware jersey in kids xl, I almost got it for my girlfriend but she wants an emmitt smith jersey, because he won dancing with the stars :negative:

Also holy poo poo your new AV rules so hard.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Chichevache posted:

How much are these jerseys and who are they of? I would legitimately want a Browns jersey and I'll be visiting SoCal soon.

The shirts and jerseys were around 12$ since they were the screen printed.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

So would it be weird to buy game issued team pants? like these? I have no where obviously to wear them (maybe work??) but it's not that weird right?

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Viper_3000 posted:

This is the only acceptable thing I can come up with for buying a pair of football pants. So yeah, if you're doing this then fine, go for it.

Yeah thats my intention. At my store we have a rolled up floor mat that's a football field with all the team logos, so I plan on trying to take that. I try and get as much football inflates/posters/standees from the vendors as possible, so hopefully when I get my new apartment, we'll have a gnarly living sports room.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Welp I know what I'm spending my financial aid on next month:

heeeeellll yaaaaaa

Don't know if it's league wide but I'm pretty sure.

e: nflshop says you still have to sign up for email alerts

scroll down some for all teams

squarerandom fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 11, 2012

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

SteelAngel2000 posted:

100 dollars for gloves :stare:

I'm waiting for the chinese knockoffs :cheeky:

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

helmets own :colbert: Everything else is horrible.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

SteelAngel2000 posted:

oh man the Chargers one looks awesome.

Too bad I live in loving San Diego

Hey man, it's been lightly drizzling lately at night. You gotta be warm.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Oh boy, more blue-ish jerseys. That'll go well with:

(Branddilution.jpg)

Edit: Look at that Giants jersey. LOOK AT IT!

We never wear our blues, Cowboys wear white from a stupid superstition and Broncos wear orange now.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Toussaint Louverture posted:

when I was a kid I would always break the nubs on the plastic part because GAAAH MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WITH MY FINGERS AT ALL TIMES.

Fitted hats uber alles.

I would bit them off one by one to chew on them, and then cut the snap down to the next nub repeatedly until it was just the 3-4 nubs I needed for it to fit :negative:

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Ehud posted:

Just saw these new pics and it reminded me of your question. You can see here on the right that they actually turned the socks into a weird Dolphins Neapolitan thing.

I like the socks on the right :)

Rap posted:

They ain't got a broom at this photo shoot??

This though. For real. I thought it was just stuff on my screen.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Just noticed the Chargers changed up their nameplates on their jerseys, god they're so ugly. :stonk:

:barf: that yellow on blue name with white numbers.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

MonsterWalk posted:

Digging the swastisleeves

Think their twitter says it means, Arrow; Man on Horse; Fire.

I like them though.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Has anyone used jerseyshome.com or what's the go to site for now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Lessail posted:

gently caress SDSU

No gently caress you man. *skateboards onto the Orange Line to a taco shop*

• Locked thread