Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

This bears crossposting:

DJExile posted:

Army/Navy Uniforms have been revealed, Navy brings back the slick-rear end helmet from last year.

Signal flags on the helmet translate to "BEAT ARMY"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Speleothing posted:

Going back to the Army/Navy uniforms, why does Army have "The Corps" on their helmets? Wouldn't that be more a Marines things?

Edit: And you'd think there would be a single flag or a two-flag combo for "Army". It would be a pretty common word when supporting landings.

I believe the student body is referred to as "The Corps of Cadets", much like Navy has Midshipmen/Middies

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bucco nooooo where is your dashing smirk :(

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Whip Slagcheek posted:

What's the go to website nowadays for jerseys of a less than authentic nature? About time to get a new baseball jersey.

I've got a hockey jersey from Icejerseys.com and it was really well made.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Robot_Rumpus posted:

I think those are authentic though? They have the exact same prices as going to nhl.com and buying it off of there.

They do sell some authentics, yes, but there are also replicas made to very good standards. It does depend on the team and demand though.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

All I see in that skull is Murray from the Monkey Island games. Helmet looks nice though.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

RumbleFish posted:

The tweaks to the helmet were fine, but wow, that's some arena league poo poo.

hahaha seriously, my first thought went to arena football.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Multiplesarcasm posted:

I actually like the general look of the uniform, but those numbers are absurd. And the fact that there's 4 pairs of 'em on every single uniform is really a bummer.

Doesn't the NFL require numbers on sleeves/shoulders these days?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oldskool posted:

one-helmet rule.

What exactly is the reasoning behind this? That seems like a really strange rule.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Wow, that is a pretty convoluted rule.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Who officially has final say on uniforms? I figure it's the team itself but could the NFL step in and put the kibosh on a design if they don't think it'll sell, or looks too similar to another team's design? This is assuming they have numbers the correct size and everything else, I just mean from an aesthetic standpoint.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The red looks a bit better. Also jesus christ those fake laces are so dumb and I don't get Nike's obsession with them. They looked awful on the olympic hockey sweaters too.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ehud posted:

Orange is the best.

:hfive:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Alouicious posted:

Speaking of which, I can't wait to see what the Browns come up with for their new uniforms next year.

I am going to earn even more Brownie points (:v:) from DJ and say they should look like Bowling Green kits
[/quote]

You.

I like you. :)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Alouicious posted:

What can I say, I REALLY like orange

These ones in particular are the one I had in mind

Those are from a few years ago but yeah they'd look good for the Browns.

Last year they had a solid orange kit with a matte helmet that looked amazing.

They had a white outfit for road games and the MAC championship that looked great too.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

wandler20 posted:

This is a great loving uniform.

Yeah I loved it. They went for a much cleaner look this year, but I think that would look fantastic with a Browns helmet.

E: poo poo, just photoshop the BG off the helmet and you've got it

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/Uniformswag/status/443095478037524480

:staredog:

E: LA KISS uniforms are out. Hooooo boy.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 10, 2014

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

the two miami ones in the middle look awesome, especially the green one

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oldskool posted:

I love the orange helmet:

Oh man that's nice.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hazo posted:

More teams need orange. I say that as a fan of a team who's colors are the literal opposite of orange.

Orange owns. Illinois recently showed off their new stuff and it looks pretty sharp.

Still can't stand that goofy shiny stripe thing on the collar though.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

shyduck posted:

College teams that wear non-contrasting uniform numbers will now be penalized a timeout per quarter, unless they change uniforms.

so what if they burn all 3 in the first quarter and refuse to change in the 2nd?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo air force's new alts are loving awesome

E: And new Nebraska alts

DJExile fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 1, 2014

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Those are the new Nebraska alts? It's nearly exactly the same as the 2012 alts with a red/black helmet instead of all black!

Yeah they're only wearing it for the Illinois game. I do dig the helmet since that's the template Navy used for their loving awesome ones.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

Isn't holding up the gloves like that on the field potentially a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct?

believe so, but it's pretty much down to the official's discretion

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Behold the most Canadian jerseys and helmets ever.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The ND undershirts are wild

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

God drat who has been doing Navy's unis the last few years? Those are spectacular.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Under Armor from the looks of the logos on it.

That is how you do a two tone helmet.

Yeah I should have specified wondering if it was like one specific person doing it because they have been knocking it out of the park for Navy lately.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yeah it was battle of the bulge on their gloves, helmet stripe, and in the numbers. awesome design

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

UnderArmour just went all out with maryland

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah for 20 bucks that's pretty awesome

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Green jerseys + gray pants is going to look fantastic

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah that font is great

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mahoning posted:

Do not like. They replaced the railroad tracks going down the center of the helmet, which is awesome.

Yeah I don't mind the ribbon as a charity thing but those train tracks ruled

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

football fuckerman posted:

The way hammerdowncancer is written makes me excited for the first team to write their team name as a hashtag on helmets or jerseys. #Terrapins. #Oregon

Mississippi State did this (sort of) a couple years ago.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Basil Hayden posted:

Didn't the NCAA ban that? Something about it being "prohibited advertising" or whatever?

I remember that coming up but I thought I'd heard they got around it because their AD got a trademark on the phrase. I know "#MACtion" got trademarked by Jon Steinbrecher (MAC commish) and it wouldn't surprise me if Miss. State did something similar.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Rams are going to wear their baller rear end 1999 throwbacks tonight and even have a throwback field design as well

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

they look like rejected Penn State alts

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Michael Irvin a man who's been busted numerous times for drug posession is going to lecture me on supporting criminal enterprises.

Seriously, that's pretty amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Seriously what is Adidas' obsession with that tire tread pattern

the helmets own a bunch though

• Locked thread