Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I don't really follow college football closely enough to see how 'out there' Nike gets with uniforms, but the Niners' pants had better stay gold. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Rap posted:

Vikings, Chiefs and Cardinals are loving train wrecks.

Oh god, I didn't pay much attention to all of them until you said this. What were they thinking with the Vikings and Chiefs ones, those are ugly as sin.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

jordjevic posted:

Hey Nike, whatever you end up doing, don't go as extreme as this gem I found on GIS:

GOLD SOCKS :pwn:

what in the blue hell is this poo poo

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I got a pretty kickass Niners cap from my secret Santa at work but I don't really wear hats very much because of my giant head. It fits me way better than most hats do though so I'm gonna try wearing it on gamedays more often.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

BIGFOOT PEE BED posted:

Look it's very simple

Never allow dark jersey with same colour dark pants (doubly true if pants do not have a stripe)
Saints' Lions', Patriots' and Vikings' throwbacks become regular unis again
Don't gently caress with the current 9ers, Packers, Raiders, other classics
Bears would look cool with a white helmet but still, best not to gently caress with that one
Make Seattle your creative destruction capitalism team and give them something new every week

Really if you follow rule 1 everything else will fall into line

Down with all this. Also: bring back kelly green for the Eagles, come on.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Niners have the gold pants with red and white stripe, which is all I really cared about. It looks like the only change to their design outside of the stuff every uniform got is the horizontal white stripe on the sleeve, which I like. Not crazy about the Nike collars though, they seem a little... too exaggerated? Hopefully they're at least functional.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The actual shoes they're selling on the linked site look nothing like that photo, though. Personally, for that kind of money I'd rather get a jersey.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Beane said before this season that Weeks was the only player on the roster he would not consider trading. Of course, he could have been lying, but that's probably your best bet unless you want a wait a few years until they have new talent up from the minors.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Yeah but you don't actually wear a signed jersey to the stadium. Frame that poo poo and hang it in your bedroom.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Toussaint Louverture posted:

To me, if I spend 200$ on clothing I am wearing it. Hell, I was given an actual game jersey of my favorite Russian soccer club's feeder team by a player. It's literally irreplaceable but I still wear it. If it gets a really nasty stain or rip or something then I'll frame it with whichever side isn't ruined facing out. For me shelling out 250$ for a gameday jersey and then framing it in your room and waring a watered down version for another 100$ is just stupid.

I dunno, if I were to get a jersey signed by a player that I really liked I would want to preserve it rather than wear it out, regardless of how much the autograph actually adds to the value. To use a comparable example from my own franchise, if I got a signed Jerry Rice jersey I'd want to hang that poo poo in my room for the rest of my life. I don't care how often he or any other player signs jerseys, because to me that's just a loving cool thing to own and I'd want to preserve it. Granted, it's slightly different because Rice is the GOAT, but they're still HOF-caliber players largely associated with a single franchise.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Hm yes, Saints fans should definitely be very proud of that championship these days

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
You might want to wait for Murray to have more than half a good season before you buy his jersey anyway.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chichevache posted:

Well of course the world wants to see the villains like Hasselbeck fall to the noble Big Ben and Hines Ward. :jerkbag:

Not so good at the whole reading comprehension thing, are we

e: Oh wait, you're ascribing that attitude to the audience at large. Disregard, I'm the idiot here.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

MissileWaster posted:

I'd like to join in on Seahawks-jersey-chat, but they still don't have TO (or customized on men's) available :argh:

I need that drat jersey for ~my collection~

If he gets cut before the regular season, does it count?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Of the three, Atkins for sure.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Ehud posted:

from @BenVolinPBP

#uniformtweetsya'll

you can't put punctuation in hashtags, what are you new

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Ehud posted:

imagine having three of your greatest players of all time in their sweet uniforms next to tannehill wearing that pos logo lol

also one of the players they're using to showcase the new uniforms is a guy they're desperately trying to get rid of

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Nice gut, Dan

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Just The Facts posted:

Alfred Morris will be the first jersey I've ever purchased ever. Yeah, RGIII is great but Morris will drag the Redskins kicking and screaming into the postseason for years to come.

Somebody doesn't know their Shanahan RB history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Those helmets look pretty baller.

• Locked thread