Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I was at the Reebok Outlet at the Great Mall in Milpitas. No Seahawks stuff, but a ton of Oakland, San Diego, San Francisco, Polamalu, and Brees. Starting around $20.

loving Steelers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

NattyBo posted:

Just seeing the Skins in their new Nike digs. They look phenomenal, IMO. BTW, the gold pants are back. :D

RG3 looks good in gold tights.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

het posted:

Jesus are those real? they look terrible.

Yes, that is our offensive line and yes they put the offensive in offensive line. Seriously that hands to the face is pretty obvious.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

ZackHoagie posted:

Seahawks jerseys looks like someone at Nike sitting in a room with a copy of Demolition Man and the second Tron movie and a bong.

I'm getting nothing but positive vibes from this post.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jaysus posted:

Feelin' pretty good, man.

I think we should have a new uniform every game, TBH.

I'm down for that. All silver uniforms with a chrome loving helmet. Disco ballers!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Nystral posted:

The only way I support it is if the Lions go to the logo from the 50's that looks like it drew heavily from the car company logos of that era. That is the bets logo in all of football.

Pic?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I actually like the white away jerseys, the Nike swoosh is in green and it makes it look like a crazy Seahawk eye on the shoulder.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MissileWaster posted:

I never thought about that honestly.

He wore the jersey in a game so I think that counts?

Fake Edit: TL has the right idea. I need that jersey so my TO jersey collection will be complete :ohdear:

What number will you use for his jersey? 10 or 81?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Toussaint Louverture posted:

If they release a custom limited I'll go legit, but no way I'm paying 150$ for Green or Dalton. Nothing against them, but I prefer defensive players. As soon as they release info one way or another I'm pulling the trigger.

Looks like 14 teams have limited jerseys now, not including Seahawks or Bengals, and they have about two options for each team.

The real question is Atkins, Dunlap or Reggie Nelson...

Burfict, you philistine!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I don't like the Patriots uniforms right now. Maybe its just me but the material they're made out of looks like valeur or something. It all looks very soft and smooth and it just doesn't have the boldness the Reebok uniforms had.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

japtor posted:

I remember that being pointed out during the uniform reveal, it's just a limitation of the new material. Teams with shiny colors that switched over lost the shine basically, I suspect this is why the Raiders and Eagles (and a few other teams) didn't switch materials.

That makes sense. I was just surprised how matte their jerseys looked as well. It wasn't just the pants losing the silver, the jerseys had no glimmer at all.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

NFL.com rated the Patriots uniforms as literally the worst in North American professional sports. What the gently caress?

Your jerseys from last season were easily one of my favorites. Even Danny Woodhead looked like a loving superhero in the home jerseys. They were beautiful. Now? You all look like Zapp Brannigan from Futurama.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

shyguy posted:

Yeah I feel it's gotta be all or nothing, because by similar criteria they might as well start banning the colors red and blue.

I went to school in San Jose, CA. They did ban red and blue when I was in middle school. In high school they tried, but our school color was red, so...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

squarerandom posted:

The store Ross out here in San Diego, ALWAYS has browns shirts and jerseys. It's the weirdest drat thing. Tons of charger hats, shirts, acessories etc, then Browns Jerseys and polos. I did see A DeMarcus Ware jersey in kids xl, I almost got it for my girlfriend but she wants an emmitt smith jersey, because he won dancing with the stars :negative:

Also holy poo poo your new AV rules so hard.

How much are these jerseys and who are they of? I would legitimately want a Browns jersey and I'll be visiting SoCal soon.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

squarerandom posted:

The shirts and jerseys were around 12$ since they were the screen printed.

drat. Not the real thing then?

SteelAngel2000 posted:

It's always beach weather :sun:

Ive been surfing in L.A. before. Wetsuits are required.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I love the Rainbow Warriors, and those jerseys are a loving travesty.

wheez the roux posted:

still a better record than our armed forces

:iceburn:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
That looks like some kind of anti-American propaganda. Like a Taliban cartoonist had to draw an evil supervillain to fight Jihad Man and the best way to identify him was to add more stars.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

BlindSite posted:

Not sure if you guys are aware, probably are but, through eastbay.com you can get legit fan gear including some jereseys (range is really limited) for a whole lot cheaper than NFLShop.com

If you're outside of the US their shipping is about 40 bucks, but it takes 4 days to arrive.

I saved about a hundred bucks buying some new nike trainers and some Panthers gear rather than buying retail or through NFLshop.

This owns.

http://www.eastbay.com/product/mode...EYWORD%20SEARCH

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

HarlanHell posted:

A full faced motorcycle helmet isn't catching the sun, or stadium lights and reflecting it back into your eyes. The sun reflecting off the facemask is one reason why a lot of NFL teams dropped using white face mask and changed them to grey. In fact the only NFL team I can think of that still uses white is Kansas City.

But on the other hand the helmet looks like the grill of my F-250 so gently caress yea, brother.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Does anyone have a :smith: big enough for the fact that the best logo ever is gone from the NFL?

:cryingdolphin:

I'm still mad.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

kidcoelacanth posted:

I think the new logo is fine and you're all being huge babies about your dumb helmet fish.

Would you rather have creamsicle Bruce or Pewter Pirate? This will tell us whether or not you have a soul.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

The Bucs really have been blessed with some awesome designs. Creamsicles were the best but as far as updates go the Flag + darker red looks fantastic too. They updated right.

I still can't get over the horrible updated seahawks look. I can't stand it. I thought I'd get used to it over the year but I didn't. Plus those Gray jerseys were the absolute worst.

The Seahawks update has been very divisive. At first I didn't like it much and I thought our old unis were the best. Once the seasn started I started to become accustomed to them. Now I look back and can barely stand the old jerseys. I absolutely love the new jerseys, especially the wolf grey. The new unis are slick as hell and entirely unique in the nfl.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Oh don't worry about it. I'll still take any critique you have but you can forget about if you want. But I sorta forgot about that whole experiment.

The blue ones grew on me a bit. I liked the darker color but it just looks so different from every other uniform it just feels off when I look at it. It's unique sure, but I think they could have made it a little more conforming and still given it a unique flavor. If the whole league looked like that it would be pretty nice though. The Gray however we completely disagree on. It looked like someone forgot to wash the white uniforms for a week. They just looked dirty. The white ones themselves felt unremarkable. Blue ones were the only ones with any personality.

Would you like the grey more if they were a darker shade? I think it would look cool, and can definitely understand if your problem is that they are too light.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Declan MacManus posted:

slightly more dignified than a football tramp stamp or the word JUICY i imagine

Ryan Tannehill with a major case of dolphin tail :nms:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

here have a mock uniform based on what we know so far

helmet

We need to be able to read the asses. :colbert:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

I actually kinda liked the new logo in motion. The new helmets are nice. If they had to change the logo they did a decent job, Ehud's bitterness aside. But I agree, more orange is necessary. And eliminate that tramp stamp, ugh.

But they didn't. I can't wait for the Giants to change their classy lettering to a fat dick knocking down skyscrapers or some poo poo. Ruin all the classics.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ozu posted:

Sports Authority has them in stock. Didn't see any other teams except Jets/Giants so it might be only regional releases.

Bet you I can find a Steelers one for sale in California.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Those are awesome, though Oregon's is going to look like some proto-Human Centipede.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Clicked on that link and work firewall stopped me, clearly trying to prevent the MRSA from spreading to our network.

The sale price isn't posted (it makes you go to the shopping cart first :wtf:), but I checked the Revis jerseys and they were 50% off, which is pretty drat good in my opinion.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

wheez the roux posted:

have you like not shopped online in the past decade or something because that is absolutely A Thing that stores have been doing for like, as long as e-commerce has existed

I don't do much online shopping, true, but I have literally never seen an item advertised as "for sale" without also listing the sale price next to it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

wandler20 posted:

Saw this posted on twitter, may or may not be the new Bucs helmet:

Meh. Not very striking.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Told you bums it would be a minor tweak and not a massive logo revamp

I hope they change the uniform scheme though, white helmets on the current red/dark pants is gonna look like rear end

That long tail at the end looks kind of dumb. Also the low quality pic makes it look similar to the Cardinals helmet. From a distance they will no longer be easily identifiable as the Bucs.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

The shape looks nothing like the cards logo even as a blur. And we need to see the full uni before we can claim they will look like the cards.

The cards logo curves upwards if anything, and the spikes fly off towards the sky. From the looks of it they took the current flag and curved it into one down arc to better conform to the helmet and make the waving look more dynamic. I actually like what I can see so far, but I'll withhold final judgement until thursday

Obviously the logo looks nothing like the Cards. But a white helmet with a small reddish logo on it is what the Cards is. From a distance there will now be nothing unique about this helmet. Before they had an entirely unique metallic pewter helmet which was easily recognizable. Now they're just another team with a boring white helmet.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

It's hard to say from the image, but it looks like there might be a unique stripe/texture going down the middle. That would help. For the distance argument who cares? Why are you looking at tiny helmets from a distance? If you see them at a distance you'll probably also be seeing the uniform, which I assume will be very beneficial towards identifying the team. Nike, for all their faults, is good at making something stand out. I think you're getting too worried over a blurry picture.

Who cares? I care. Duh. Usually the game isn't zoomed in on the players and we are actually watching a view of the field from a distance. My complaint isn't about the uniform as a whole, but about the helmet that to me looks rather boring and not as striking as the old helmets.

My complaint isn't about identifying the team, but about one of the few truly unique uniforms in the NFL being traded in for a look that, so far, does not impress me. Keep in mind that this is my opinion, which is obviously subjective.

You mentioned that Nike makes uniforms that stand out. To my knowledge we only have three so far, the Seahawks, the Jags, and the Dolphins. While i love the Seahawks unis and i feel they are a significant improvement over the old ones, the other two uniforms are absolute poo poo. You yourself did a pretty good takedown of the Jags, and I don't know if any of us felt the Dolphins redesign was a good idea.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

wandler20 posted:

If it wasn't for that stupid rule the NFL put in about players having to wear the same helmet all year the Bucs probably wouldn't have changed anything.

People want to see the creamscicle and this is the result.

Stop victim blaming.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Also saying that we see the field zoomed out proves my point that we will see the entire uniform at once, so white helmets shouldn't be as big a deal as long as the uniform still stands out along with it. That remains to be seen. If we got lots of pewter and creamsicle it'll be hard to confuse it with the Cards. If we get white pants and a red jersey, then we might have a problem. At this point I have faith in Nike to be bold enough, even if it looks goofy.

:psyduck: I already said it had nothing to do with confusing the uniforms. That helmet looks boring as poo poo from that photo and right now I am upset with it. Eifert Posting pretty much nailed it.

Eifert Posting posted:

Oh boy another team with a white helmet, I was just saying that we needed another to go with the eleven white/off-white ones we have now.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ohfuckme

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

You have to be kidding me

Wait until you see the rest of the uniform :jerkbag:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I'm not wild about the new logo, but it is infinitely better than that white monstrosity.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

So I guess the white helmet was just a thing. This is a very tame update. The size of the logo is bizarre but I don't hate it.

I guess the uniform won't be all that different from normal now. Whatever, we got hyped up for nothing. Maybe the white helmet is an alternate throwback version or something

They can't switch to a white helmet thanks to the new rule. One helmet all year long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Declan MacManus posted:

I think it's ugly but at least it's a distinctive look.

Yea, it's about time the Bucs had a distinctive uniform that really stood out from the rest of the league. :jerkbag:

• Locked thread