Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

The new logo looks like the old logo was stung by bees a lot

Have to agree. My first reaction to seeing it was "It looks like someone took the old logo and waffled it in the right eye with a tire iron".
It's not awful, I guess, it certainly could be worse, but I'll have to see what they do with the jersey & how it looks on whatever they decide to do with the helmet before passing final judgment. Right now it's a tentative "OK" with a definitive "goddamnit every piece of Panther merchandise I own is now obsolete".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

RumbleFish posted:

I agree! They're my favorite as well, and we only wear them once or twice a year.

The NFL only allows you two uses of an alternate jersey per year. Unlimited use on alternate pants for some reason.

Honestly I've never noticed the difference before, but the Cam jersey is Carolina Blue as it matches the UNC color. The Panthers apparently wear some other shade that I don't know the name of, which is where the problem lies with the knockoff manufacturer.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

So are the New Era hats just going to run with the old logo?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

jordjevic posted:

It's the offseason, so I'm going a bit nuts:

I'm working division by division, kind of trying to make things look as good as possible for intra-division play. Thoughts, NFC South fans? v:shobon:v

I like them all, really. Falcons helmet stripe grew on me after looking at it for a minute, and I feel like the Bucs helmet needs a stripe of some sort.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/326753094954270720/photo/1

https://twitter.com/finsjesse/status/326752927379234816/photo/1

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

And now the Dolphins are out, making the Vikings this year's "Keep it under wraps the longest" big winners:
https://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/326766611920990208/photo/1

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Vikings celebrate with a reveal of their own:
https://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/326769903178756096/photo/1

All 3 together, including Jags alt:
https://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/326770731927093249/photo/1

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Apr 23, 2013

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

harperdc posted:

there are a bunch of other teams in the NFL that use some combination of blue jersey and white numbers. Giants, Patriots, Bills, Lions, Panthers, Seahawks, Broncos...any more?
Titans have light and dark blue, Cowboys non-white jerseys & Bears dark blue.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

A white helmet with those dark jerseys would look terrible.

E: Then again, maybe they won't have dark jerseys, considering every jersey in their team shop just went on sale.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 18, 2014

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

wheez the roux posted:

have you like not shopped online in the past decade or something because that is absolutely A Thing that stores have been doing for like, as long as e-commerce has existed

I only remember seeing such tactics at Amazon & Newegg with a description that implies "They doesn't want us advertising this price, it's so unbelievably low!!!", which doesn't make sense when it's the owner's website doing it.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Bucco Bruce grew out his beard!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Uniwatch twitter reporting potential Bucs helmet/logo tweak leak:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Andio posted:

Think this might be the helmet:

Wow. If it's in Florida, the designers seem to find find new and exciting ways to design it wrong. The Dolphins sideways dolphin without a helmet, that abomination that is the Jaguars helmet, and now colosso-flag with a different face mask & black helmet that I guess you could stick Bucco Bruce on?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Febreeze posted:

Maybe the white helmet is an alternate throwback version or something

They can't do alternate helmets any more, since it's "safer" to use the same helmet all season than switch to an un-broken in one midway through the year for one game for purely cosmetic/aesthetic reasons (and the paint doesn't dry in time to re-paint them the proper color)

They can change the emblems/stripes since those are just stick-on (hence how the Bills & Bears had alternate helmets last year).

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

UniWatch

:stonk:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

So they can't wear the creamsicle unis anymore but they'll wear that atrocity

They can wear the creamsicles, they just can't wear the white helmets due to the one-helmet rule.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I'd like the numbers better if they weren't broken up like alarm clock lights. No lines within the numbers, they'd be fine.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Everything's great but the sneezing Elvis logo.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

A source connected to Nike says This is the closest concept they've seen to date regarding the browns uniforms in '15

Please be true.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I love the orange helmet:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I'd even take a bit more of a gradient instead of a seam midway down.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Hate the alternate gray, not a huge fan of the numbers (though I think they'll look better on the jersey than they do in the image), but I like going back to kelly green.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Don't like the awkward cutoff of the shoulder stripe but the font & color scheme usage rules.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

schweens posted:

What if they draft him and he wears number 7 or something

Also for the jersey nerds, follow Phil Hecken on twitter. Dude is devoted to talking about jerseys of all sports all day everyday. Recently posted something related to new Texans jerseys supposedly coming in the next few years

Edit:
Haven't seen the white helmets since Madden 2002 & they could have stayed there.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Not that they're good (sideways shoulder stripes way too fat, why cut off the stripe with BROWNS, not a huge fan of the numbering drop shadow but it might grow on me) but I honestly expected a whole lot worse.

At least the helmets aren't hosed.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Jaguars sounded like such a cool helmet concept, and then they apparently gave up on the concept of color fade and just put a seam on the drat thing.

Bills were a major upgrade across the board though, even with losing the red helmets.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

They stole the Oilers and kept the color scheme to remind us of how great they could look. And then they just leave the Oiler stuff in mothballs to roll out ugly Titans junk

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Did they get rid of the rule that you can't wear a combination that matches your field color? I remember they were tossing that around for a while regarding Boise State, but that was before anybody else was changing field colors IIRC.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Raku posted:

Can the Raiders play on a field that's nothing but dirt?

They'll play in Pittsburgh eventually.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Hazo posted:

A couple days ago Coastal finished their teal field nobody asked for.

I guess it's not aggressively bad. I kind of like that people are calling it "Surfturf" though. :haw:

I really like that. Just enough to be different.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I don't know how you can say the Jets need a visual reboot to offset the team's dysfunctionality, and in the same article praise the Raiders for keeping the same visual style despite a similar time period of incompetence.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Panthers need a new helmet, the speckled grey/silver is kind of 90s. I don't really know how you'd improve it though. Maybe Nike will come up with something not terrible. Even then I doubt Jerry Richardson would go for it.

They've kicked around changing to a black helmet at least once. Of the team colors to use honestly I think the silver helmet looks the best with the black/blue/white jersey options they have.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

They could go back to a legit Pat Patriot throwback if they had white helmets as a base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

idk who designs these things every year, but they are fantastic at their job.

• Locked thread