Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I can't be the only one that thinks all throwbacks suck. They are only fun for novelty value.

The best throwbacks were those brown and yellow vertical striped Broncos socks. Doubly so for that guy who twisted them around like the Cape Hatteras lighthouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Rogue Elephant posted:

I don't like the shoulder stripes in the Bills jersey. Not because they're there, but because they just stop abruptly at the seam of the sleeve. The rest of it rules though.

Sleeve stripes have been ruined for years as jerseys become more and more like glorified tank tops. The 49ers are another good example of this. Three puny stripes and they can't fit?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

HeroOfTheRevolution posted:

Like most counterfeits of everything (major exception: drugs), they're made in the same Chinese factory as the real thing, just on an 'extra' shift that doesn't go to their American mark-up overlords. The 'counterfeit' of just about anything made in China is literally the same product, only sold by a third party.

Do they make them faster or with lesser quality materials or something? It's always obvious which jerseys are fakes, the letters/numbers/logos give it away, especially if you hold up a fake to a real.

Also, if you guys think $250 for an authentic is bad, Reebok charges $380 for numbered authentic NHL jerseys. And as of this season, they aren't even made to the same spec as the on-ice jerseys.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

defiantgiant posted:

I always liked Reebok's mid-range jerseys. They weren't ridiculously expensive like the Authentic ones, but you get the most important feature, the tackle-twill numbers instead of the screenprinted ones that gradually crack and flake off over time.

Weren't these still screenprinted on top of the numbers? Like, if it was just one color it would be sewn on but if it was multiple colors they would print the other colors (and fake stitches) on top of the sewn part. Reebok and Majestic do this with their player replicas in hockey and baseball.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Schwack posted:

Like I said, compared to Reebok's bottom end jerseys, they're pretty high quality. The material is thick and doesnt feel super cheap. My biggest gripe is that EVERYTHING is screen printed on to the thing. Literally nothing is patched or dyed on. From a distance they look fine, but up close you can definitely tell it's the baby version.

Verdict: Spring for that mid-range or better if you're buying one. If we hadn't gotten these for $50 I might be less pleased than I am.

At first I hated these but having seen these pictures I think I need one. They don't go full retard like Oregon, whose stuff I can't stand, but they're different enough to stand out as part of an era (like all the wacky 90s jerseys I have).

I'm with you on the Limited jersey. I saw some on display at the Nike store in Boston (they were only selling the $100 ones, these were just on mannequins)and it felt like a big upgrade for $35. Material felt stronger, numbers and letters and stuff looked better (even though it was still printing on top of a sewn patch).

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Grozz Nuy posted:

Yeah but you don't actually wear a signed jersey to the stadium. Frame that poo poo and hang it in your bedroom.

The stadium is like the only place where you DO wear an autographed jersey.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

The quality is what you would expect given the price.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Can you even buy the Limited jersey yet?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Did the Nike jerseys last time around have the backwards swoosh on one sleeve?

And wow, those collars/flywire look hilariously bad on the knockoffs.

Toussaint Louverture posted:

I like the numbers on the Seahawks jerseys. Not crazy about the texture, but the color, accent and font looks really good.

If Nike ever gets their poo poo together I'll totally buy the Limited jersey for the Seahawks. I don't even care what player, it's just the right level of ridiculous (i.e. not TOO far, like Oregon/Maryland/that Notre Dame alt). I'm also going to buy like all of the 90s retro NBA jerseys they are coming out with.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I have somewhere a Tom Tupa Jets jersey. I bought it at Value City for $5 shortly after Starter went bankrupt.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Nike has a Marshawn Lynch limited but only in small. Plenty of 12 FAN jerseys though!

I'm kinda tempted to just get one of the Mike Williams ones that are 30% off at NFL Shop. That's a nice "oops" on Nike's part.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Those are ugly and hilarious but those are the 1993 throwbacks, not the ones for this year.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

D C posted:

We weren't allowed to wear sports jerseys at all to school due to gang connections in LA.

This kind of rule would be easier to justify for a lot of reasons

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Flywire (TM)! It's on the Elite and Limited but not the Game ($100) jersey, and some teams just don't have it at all.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

RumbleFish posted:

Real glad the Panthers somehow avoided that.

I wish NHL teams had the option to tell Reebok to gently caress off when they did the same thing. It's pretty awesome that 4 teams rejected FLYWIRE (tm) and 5 teams rejected the design completely.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

japtor posted:

Was there ever a consensus on the quality of the Limited jerseys (that's the middle tier right)?

I never saw one for sale in person the entire season. Not at Dick's, not at the Nike outlets, not at shoe stores. Nobody carried anything but the $100 ones. Did Nike just give up on them? Even their online availability seemed really spotty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

So what exactly is Arizona football famous for except that one year Sports Illustrated picked them to win it all and they finished like 6-5 or something

• Locked thread