Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heskie
Aug 10, 2002
How are cave/aug shamans on Origins? That used to be my main back in the day, often healing in levelling groups, and it'd be great to hop down nostalgia lane.

How does respeccing work, I seem to remember you had free respecs at 20 and 40, and somehow you got respec stones or something? Seems so long ago...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I hope their not married to the buttwing demon design.

Agreed. Its really off-putting.

Everything else looks great though and I can't wait.

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002
I started on Hib with my brother as some friends were already established there. Hit around level 30 but he has since jumped ship from Hib to Alb as he was getting sick of being turned away from groups as a Hero.

There seems to be a weird focus pull obsession in Hib even though the few times I've had some 'non-optimal' melee group the exp has been comparable if not sometimes better as we spend time actually playing the game and killing stuff rather than filling spots with the best possible combination of classes. My brother had one instance where a group he had invited everyone to tried to vote him out as he wasn't optimal for focus pulling.

Several times I've been in groups of 5-6 who opt to turn down a similar levelled Blademaster/Hero/etc as they weren't 'optimal', preferring to have 2-3 empty slots in the group instead. It seems crazy to me. DPS is DPS. That BM could be hitting poo poo and we could move to a better camp.

I don't have this issue personally as I've been playing Bard/Warden and always seem welcome, but it leaves a bad taste.

Does Alb have this sort of thing with grouping? I'm thinking of moving to Alb to join up with my brother (He's an Armsman, me as either Paladin/Sorc/Theug)?

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

PriNGLeS posted:

Yes. Just with necromancers and cabalists.
Bugger.

PriNGLeS posted:

But I also never had a problem with grouping on my hero. Make your own groups, ezpz.

Yeah fair enough. Though as I say, there was a weird scenario once where a group tried to usurp my brother's Hero even though it was a group he'd formed from scratch.

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

littlejoey posted:

Any of those will be fine choices and you'll be able to get groups as long as you don't AT the Paladin all the way to 48.

Paladin needed for endo chants. Without a paladin, endo regent is brutal.

Theurg will be wanted in groups for PBT which in later levels you'll find you can probably go AFK for periods of time and no one will know/care

Sorc will be wanted in groups for PoM and good for CC when tackling groups of mobs in PVE.

Awesome thanks. I'll give each one a go to 20 or so and see how they feel.

I played Mid back in the day so using Uthgard as a chance to see the other realms.

• Locked thread