Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Awesome more Hamilton this week. Love it so much just wish that they would talk about it every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

FitFortDanga posted:

I dunno, I think there's still some funny in the "Spank Bank" talk.

I do think "Sevens" needs to be retired, though, or at least go on a lengthy hiatus. I don't know what they're hoping to get out of that any more.

Anyone else notice Matt seems weirdly arrogant lately? I feel like it started with the whole Fences-spoiling thing.

I agree with all 3. Sevens I just skip now, it's just not fun to listen to anymore.

Matt has been super stubborn lately and weirdly annoying.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

who's your crawdaddy posted:

What are you guys thoughts on the live shows? I don't really like the forced vibe where they are going for the laugh every 5 seconds because it's never been that kind of show for me.

I feel the same way and skip all the live show episodes. It feels very forced and is just uncomfortable to me.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Matt is so stubborn, not sure if it's me, it just feels like it is getting worse every season.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Does anyone know what off-show drama they are talking about on the new episode with Pat Francis?

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Scylla posted:

More here

(Facebook group, look for the post starting with "Can someone explain what's happened between Jimmy and Pat?")

Thanks for posting the links.

That's too bad about it all, as I like Pat (and Rock Solid). I must be in the rare group that likes Pat when he was on NNF.

The friendship ending over this seems really weird for grown men to act like this (lots of fragile egos). Who knows what the truth is of how it went down, but it's not like there isn't a pattern of this happening before on the show. They handled kicking Mike off the show poorly way back when.

FitFortDanga posted:

I'd like to hear his side of it more, but I'm sure each side would be skewed.
I agree with this.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Episode 2104
Watching the throne with Rory O’Malley.

quote:

O'Malley is currently performing the role of King George III in the first U.S. national tour of Hamilton, following his nine-month tenure in the role in the show's Broadway company at the Richard Rodgers Theatre.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

I think this is the episode that broke me. They started out by not knowing if Armenia is a country (Conan visited for a week while Jimmy was still involved with the show). Then Matt said "some" people don't like all the Hamilton talk. It never stopped.

It's too bad, I used to really like this show, but now I just listen hoping for something entertaining.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Hamilton is safe rap for white people. It's so bad.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Matt and Jimmy tell him to listen to Kesha, the new Hamilton. Then they play Sevens and it sucks like always.

I'm not resubscribing either.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

LentThem posted:

its so weird for me to listen to a 50 year old man excitedly talk about paying $100 for a ticket to a Kesha concert and then earnestly discuss whether the cartoon character that will portray Aaron Burr should be selected based on their personality or their rivalry with Bugs Bunny since he will be Alexander Hamilton. And he's not doing a bit these are his real feelings while sober

Was he always like this but it was less obvious? I seriously dont remember stuff like this in the 2012-2013 shows

It's 4 white guys desperately trying to stay relevant (although I guess its mostly Jimmy & Matt). I don't think they were like this in the first 1-5 seasons. I think that they just ran out of stories, and their kids grew up and they don't want to just admit they are boring old men now.

They have also fallen into a structure for most the show now, that I find kind of boring (at least for most of the guests). They don't really get to the guest until 1/2 an hour is left. Most of the show is now filled with whatever pre-guest bits they have, then Garon and Elliot.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Riptor posted:

Do you guys not like the Gang shows either?

I don't mind most of them but I liked them more when Pat was on.

HateTheInternet posted:

Sounds like Riptor's the only fan left!

I'm in Season 17 still catching up since I started from the beginning six years ago. It's around October 2015, no Hamilton talk at all yet but I heard Ep. 1720 with Anthony Rapp has some Hamilton so I'm coming up to it soon. Just finished 17H with Russ McGarry, which was a fantastic episode.

Anyway, cautiously optimistic. I tried going back to the very, very first episodes again with Matt putting on his wiseguy radio voice and Jimmy laughing and clapping every time Schmidt opens his mouth, the current episodes couldn't possibly be as bad as that. Right? ...Guys?

Anthony Rapp is solely to blame for introducing them to Hamilton.

ukonvasara posted:

The Gang episodes can be good or bad, though I hope they don't go back to ending them with 45 minutes of alternating between "fighting with Google Voice" and "Jimmy giggles about how amused he is by hanging up on people".

In one of the recent episodes they got mad at Garon for asking for help on twitter on using a phone system and podcasts. They were shocked that he wouldn't turn to Matt for advice. I thought it was a bit but they were serious.

Boredumb fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 18, 2017

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

cams posted:

this show is so good when they have a pro on who can talk forever

It’s amazing the difference in quality of the show. Marc Summers was funny and told great short stories, I wished there was another hour of him.

I laugh that Jimmy was so mad at him for being early. Wouldn’t want to miss out on the Elliot got ready chunk or Matt watched baseball bit.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

piratepilates posted:

So uh, did everyone stop listening or something? Last post was in April.

I hope they stopped talking about Hamilton

I dropped my subscription and have only listened to 2 or 3 of the free episodes. No Hamilton in the ones I listened to, but they sure love to talk about Kesha still

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

FitFortDanga posted:

Anyone still listening? I haven't subscribed to Player's Club for a year and based on the guest list, I've had no regrets (the one episode I was bummed I missed, Scott Aukerman, was released on the free feed anyway). For the first time I didn't bother with Pardcast-a-thon. I skipped a few episodes, listened to Yakov Smirnoff and Jay Mohr... both were meh. It's just a bunch of old white men repeating the same tired jokes and doing the same bits over and over again, and getting stuff wrong a lot (I swear Matt Belknap is the loving KING of misinformation). I think this show just isn't for me anymore, but I've been with it for so long I'm reluctant to cut the cord.

Like you I stopped subscribing to the players club around a year or so ago. I listen to about 1 episode a month on the free feed as well. And yes, Matt is wildly infuriating to listen to, he isn't funny, and is usually just mean and stubborn whenever he is talking about something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

who's your crawdaddy posted:

Anybody still listening? How's the show?

How much do you hate the orange man and love hearing lib talking points