Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Great OP! I'll be on Luclin at 3 AM EST ready to own some freshly spawned named mobs with you bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

20 minutes !!!!!!!!!!

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Im just tryna hop on luclin hit my name change, get a guild invite, say bye to my guild on Tunare, and then come hang. If it's not up in the next two minutes i'm going to sleep though.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Everyone make sure to find an invite to <Ascending Fearboners>

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Bemis posted:

65 rogue 20ish AAs with J1 tank merc here, was getting my rear end handed to me by dark blues in The Steppes. Should I stick to The Hole or what?

The steppes has really strong hitting high HP mobs. I would hit up DSH at that level, you can probably solo some crows, and beg for farm groups, the exp wont seem so good but once you turn in the tasks it's worth it.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Bob Loblaw posted:

So I'm torn, assuming I stick with this (which I likely will until GW2). I'm nostalgic for my bard, but it seems we have a crap load of them, same with the monk. Nobody is playing beastlord though, are they total poo poo or do they have group and solo value?

Well uh I'm not going to tell you to NOT roll a bard, but it's going to be hard to help a bard out if there are like 9 of us in the guild already, also I wouldn't transfer a bard over that doesn't have a decent amount of AA and is level <70

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

So we should start doing some older world raids once a week, to hold peoples interest in the game. We would need some clerics, some tank bros, but people could get some really fancy gear, from some of them. We could brainstorm this week about what we would want to do, while everyone levels their characters up, and gets AA so that maybe next Wednesday we could take on some cool content.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Cynode posted:

Whats a good class/strat for powerleveling a shadowknight?

Ranger with headshot can power level anyone

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

xZAOx posted:

Been having too much fun all weekend.

Besides when grinding AA in a group with other goons, when there's no group I can find, I've decided to explore old dungeons that have light blue mobs (so I get exp plus to see something new).

So far I've explored Greig's End, Veskar, and Acrylia Caverns. The first two were fun, but Acrylia is horrible. And some of the zones to go through to get there looked really...dumb. But I never played during Luclin, so at least I'm seeing why people didn't like it.

But yeah, even the lovely zone was still fun. Got lots more dungeons to explore :D

Groups start happening more in your mid 60's, but you also have to be willing to form a group. Dragon scale hills, is a pretty big mid 60's lower 80'zone, I think yesterday it had something like 95 people in it.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Man im starting to get bored of grinding AA, but I have to do it before the bonus EXP goes away.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Republicans posted:

I may jump in on this just to powerlevel something and revisit all the old zones from when I actually played this game in earnest. How high would I and my merc have to be to duo Velious raid content?

Mercs can't enter raids

cryptoclastic posted:

Is there a server with a large Asian population? As in, people in Asia (because I live there)? I started this up last night, tried three different servers. Every single one had lag. The kind of lag where I cast my spell and there's the...what's happening moment, followed by you being dead. I played Mith Marr back in the day and still have my old necro, but there's no way in hell I could kill anything with this lag.

Is it also possible it could be my router? I don't know how they work with EQ or anything, as back then I was on 56k and in America.
Try Antonius Bayle, it's the euro server, and is prob less laggy than a US one? But I had 3 japanese guys in my guild on Tunare and they didn't complain so..

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

i'm gonna work on getting this tomorrow

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

THE DAY I took off of work to grind out 100 more AA in the hole from 6am to 2pm, and got buffed before I logged out and collected exp potions, the servers are down :smith:

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I found the Facebook group for our server and found this cutie dark elf cleric.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

You guys think with 200 AA I could unlock at 70 and just grind to 80, with like 80:20 exp:AA? I'm going on 9 days of being level 70 in the hole, and it's starting to get boring.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Pilsner posted:

Agreed. For reference, my AA per hour peaked at lvl 80 and actually stayed pretty much constant from there on - about 15 AA per hour (or per lesson). In The Hole, my maximum was around 9-10 per hour, even at lvl 70. Just get the basic necessities and move on, you'll have more fun.

Im getting with the 6th aniversary potion + lesson, about 14.5 AA an hour. Or 7.5 AA in 30 minutes. Which is why I don't want to leave for someplace that gives me much less even though if i'm super fed up with the hole. I know i'm not going to play some other game,so I am not scared of getting bored and quitting, but I would like to see some HoT content. Maybe I should play my low level berserker with some of the low level goons.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Well I guess I'll be transferring off of Luclin and joining you guys on the server wide channel. Sucks I wasted that money to get to Luclin, but honestly I came to gently caress around with goons and call each other shitlords and make each other mad, you know normal goon fun in any other goon game, because if I wanted a guild that didn't let me do that I had one over on Tunare, and they gave away a lot of plat. So it's been fun bros, see you on serverwide.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Sgt Froggy posted:

Now I am torn. I played the Free warrior for a few hours today. I can't believe how much I have forgotten and just how enjoyable and low stress it really was.

Back to my query however, with long term play in mind, would a shammy or bard be my best bet? I remember the fun bard twists and pulling used to be on small scale (see ldon) but I then remember how boring raids were for them. I then recall just how manditory a raid shaman was and how powerful.

From the leveling standpoint am I right to think both will power through pretty fast with the "MOLO" idea?

Just wondering before I pull the trigger for paying and start really levelling up :)

Don't pick a bard. There are like 6 70+ bards in the guild who I don't see quitting in a while, and not to mention the casual bros in their 30's. Bards don't really scale well after two, and that means you would be making people feel super left out, or YOU would be feeling super left out, after the other bards get picked before you! Now with that said, there are a bunch of really fun classes that maybe you should take a look at, I like Rangers, necros, and druids. I also like Beast lords, but I know other people don't. If you end up picking a bard anyway, we aren't bros.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I've been having some fun on Test, with the guild " The Faceless Order" They just slowly progress through old raids and make you not wear defiant and stuff. It's pretty stress free really

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

No More Heroes posted:

Are they open raids? Or do you have to be a buddy of a friend?

Everything is open raid!

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

RCarr posted:

If there are any kind Test server goons out there that have an abundance of plat, I could really use a bunch because buying spells for a three box is really expensive! I'd really appreciate it. I'm on as Corpsehugger/Sunnydelight/Rhaegar. Please and thank you.

I'm neckbard message me when I get on, I can probably give you some plat I don't have much though.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Anyone on test wanna do some HA's or maybe get j5 mercs together?

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Cithen posted:

I am up for doing stuff on test. I've just returned to the game after a long break, so I probably suck and don't know the ins and outs of my SK. Also, the only piece I need for my Epic 1.0 is the piece from Dread, Terror, or Fright. Any help on that would be awesome if anyone is down.

What's your name bro. I'll add you. I'm down to help you on your 1.0

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I've been playing my necro on test a lot, and am thinking about what to make my Heroic charchter. I really want to make an SK, but man I would have no idea how to play one at 85 with 5k AA's right off the bat.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

What's the new expansion look like? I'm thinking of coming back to play through it.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

anyone on test want to fool around?

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I've been raiding on test for two weeks with the faceless order. It's really fun..

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

JustJeff88 posted:

I've been raiding on Test as well. The problem is that we just don't have enough actual people, and many raids you cannot box effectively. We always seem to be short of tanks, healers or both. I am basically our only enchanter, and there is only so much that one can do with 12 SKs, 20 magicians and gently caress all else.

Yeah we had to cancel the raid last Wednesday because no one logged on. What guild are you in?

I really wish that there could be some sort of all guilds raid rotation. Like um Looking for raid in WoW.. Or that guilds wouldn't take themselves so loving seriously... and not let other people in. It should be a general chat announcement when guilds can't find more

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

JustJeff88 posted:

I have 7 characters in the upper 80s that are still in the dead-as-dodo Goon guild, but my main, a 100 enchanter, is in Infinty of Light - that is not a typo. It is just frustrating as heck trying to do even NToV. I played an enchanter because they are a lot of fun, versatile, little played and add excellent caster ADPS to magicians and wizards and such, but they are not much in demand anymore. I am basically the enchanter class leader based on the fact that I am just about the only one who plays regularly. I wish that I had been a cleric, because they are a lot more fun than they used to be and very much needed, but I am not one of those people that knows how and where to level a character from 1-100 in a week. We have a similar shortage of warriors despite enough SKs to start our own dread army. You have to love a game that makes people not want to play warriors and clerics while making them vital for late-game raiding.

Also, when did it become obligatory that everyone play a mage? Seriously, it is ridiculous the number of mages in this game now. I think that it's an editorial on low-effort classes that solo well.

What nights do y'all raid? If you know how to get me from 1-100 in a week I"ll tank some raids for you guys.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Did I miss the tlp rush? If not what server has the most people?

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

been dicking around on test for the past two days. It's so interesting, I really do love that P99 and TLE old school stuff, but I can't say I love it any more or less than some of the newer content as well. In fact, because I now have more responsibility than I did years ago, I can't commit to anything real anymore. Something about the current state of live, and how even raid guilds are pretty whatever on if you show up or not (Granted no one is really raiding successfully on test) makes it very pleasant for the three months out of the year I log in.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Node posted:

Who is excited for the new expansion? It has four new zones! Four! Can you even count that high?

I would be if test still got free expansions. I'm more excited for the last expansion to finally be free on test so we can mobilize more raiders.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I wish they would merge all servers. Leave Zek, FV, Everything else, and test.

I wish I knew official numbers of players online for every server, that lovely bargraph on the website doesn't do it for me.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

TheShazbot posted:

I have most of my defensive AA's at level 90-91 right now. I was going to grind out some AA tonight, to try and get at least one of my three baseline tanking deals to par with my level. I haven't really been tanking much in groups because the server I play on (Drinal) is mostly maxed out players or people box and don't need me to tank, I am just there to get experience

test copy and work through the expansions you don't have until TBS I think?

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Baconroll posted:

The new Progression server with restricted boxing launches on 9th December and will be called Phinigel.

The boxing restriction is one client per machine, so they've said if you want to box you'll need to do it old school.

One other very interesting change is full instancing of raid targets with (in addition to the regular spawn) an account wide 6.5 day lockout.

All expansions will unlock after 90 days after the current one unlocks. No votes or targets/quests needed for the unlock.

Sounds good to me - think I'll be playing a bard and a box druid.

Full details of the server here,

https://www.everquest.com/news/phinigel-true-box-progression-server-dec-9-2015

They have now split the TDP population three ways... While I think that it's very cool, and will probably find myself rolling up a warrior to level through with everyone on the 9th. I can't expect that to last very long. I am more interested in how they will probably end up merging rage fire and lockjaw, and leaving this one on it's own.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Kilazar posted:

My wife and I are down for the new tlp.

Let the possible guild names roll.

"Not it"
"Basement"
"Campin ur mobs"

Bleh my creativity well sucks today.

Ascending Fearboners
Fearboners
boners
Bonerkings
Neckbeards
Spectrum Disorder
RMTraders

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

For those who played on the first TLP servers, can you compare the leveling to P99?

e: I really only care about the expansions that aren't on P99, but I want to be level cap so that when they release I can participate. PoP DoDH Prophecys of Ro. Basically all the expansions that I never got to play.

gay for gacha fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 4, 2015

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Does something like this let me run EQ on for example my work computer? While EQ is remotely running at my desktop at home?

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

after playing so much p99, and even EQlive on test. 1hour per level seems heavenly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Bahanahab posted:

Is eqlive on test a fan run server, or are you actually talking about the test server ran by dbg/sony?

it's the test server. I play it because I can't rationalize paying for this game, but to me having all the expansions and game access for free allows me to have a lot of fun. I often go do old raids, or old quests. Getting Epics is still fun for me. I also play on Project99 but EQlive has something to offer me. Some of the newer expansions are also really fun.