Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

RCarr posted:

I saw a Fabled mob up yesterday. How much longer will they be spawning? I still have to pick up a pet weapon for my SK, Bard, and Ranger.

No longer spawning, but any that were already spawned and haven't been killed won't go anywhere til a repop or server reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

DKWildz posted:

Is the illusion trick for robes while using old models gone? I've been able to get it to work with efreeti armor, but with a robe all I get is a naked chest graphic.

Certain races don't have any type of robe graphic, so you get the missing graphic.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

That's also the pre-revamped bulky versions of the armor, the newer versions are significantly trimmer and in some cases the textures/colors are noticeably different too.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

MrTheDevious posted:

Coming from someone in a guild still mid-RoF raid tier, the new raids are on par with mid-RoF and the group content is horrible. I finished every group mission back to back in a couple hours. There's only a couple slots of gear to loot, so hope you like collecting 15 different cloaks with the exact same stats. I'm pretty sure nearly everyone agrees CotF is the worst addition to EQ in a long long time. Haven't touched the group content once aside from plowing all the missions.

Even with a group-geared group, you're probably going to run out of anything to do in a couple days unless grinding a million merc AA that are trivial improvements at best appeals to you. There's just plain very little content, and what content exists is trivially easy and bland as gently caress.

My guild had a huge wave of people come back when the expansion hit and we were fielding 50+ on raids. That lasted a couple weeks max before everyone was out of poo poo to do and quit again, so we're back to like 25 person raids. Worst expansion.

In other words, ignore the new expansion for now and wait at least long enough for the second part of tier 1, or even whatever comes after.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

As a Ranger I'm annoyed at the headshot change, but really it's that much more sad to change anything involving Rogues. I at least have gobs of class utility and plenty of solo/molo ability, Rogues really are two dimensional enough that they deserve to have some kind of gimmick to at least add a few wrinkles to the class.

Of course in the EQ world of every class getting their fun gimmicks nerfed out of jealousy, headshot lasted way longer than I could have realistically hoped.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Poistiant posted:

Also can't believe people are still complaining about the AA granting when you can turn it off if you want to be a true nerd and grind out your aa with honour.

The majority are mad that any new player wouldn't have to "earn" the AA the way they did, even though it's an apples to oranges comparison at this point. My InstanceQuest playing experience where I only group with my personal clique is going to be so very ruined by these dirty noobs and their level 85 marketplace toon and its free AAs!

The337th fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Feb 8, 2014

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

The Butt Doctor was great at what he did. Most of the time I would become unproductive with whatever I was working on, simply while watching him riff in general chat.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Okay, who's having too much fun on Test?

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/time-to-require-full-access-for-test-server.213011/

ozni posted:

If you're looking for a sympathetic majority right wing conservative audience on chat here though, you'll be in for a rough time. The only place I've seen it is on every Live server I've ever played on here ever.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I don't know if anyone else here plays a max level ranger, but if you do I hope you've gotten your best in class burn weapons by this point:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=211 / http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3509

(I don't know just how well the whip actually parses versus a raid primary, but the Efreeti Standard is ridiculous in the offhand while burning.)

The337th fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Sep 4, 2014

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

The Efreeti Standard was adding roughly 6-7k dps versus a t2 cotf weapon that is 22/112. This was autoattacking with all relevant dps discs/clickies running, including the cotf weapon(s) getting a bit of a skewed advantage from my proc disc running much longer than it should have since it was a guild hall parse. Also the Standard was augged with a 2 dmg lower aug as well. The whip added on another 1-2k dps advantage once I got it. This was all with 5 minute or so parses, I'd like to run longer ones with the oldschool weapons sporting the same augs.

I can only speak for what it does with current group gear. But when you consider the top raid 1 handers are sporting the same mediocre 22 delay the group stuff is, I doubt anything right now is touching the efreeti standard with Bosque running. One of the tier 1 raid daggers might outdo the whip since they at least have 19 delay, but then a raider will have the added bonus of rk. III Bosque as well.

E: here's the main disc that makes this possible, if you need help understanding why delay is king:

Bosquestalker's Discipline Rk. II

1: Increase 1H Blunt Damage Bonus by 5249
2: Increase 1H Slash Damage Bonus by 5249
3: Increase 2H Blunt Damage Bonus by 8503
4: Increase 2H Slash Damage Bonus by 8503
5: Increase 1H Pierce Damage Bonus by 5249
6: Increase 2H Pierce Damage Bonus by 8503

Bosquestalker's Discipline Rk. III

1: Increase 1H Blunt Damage Bonus by 5511
2: Increase 1H Slash Damage Bonus by 5511
3: Increase 2H Blunt Damage Bonus by 8928
4: Increase 2H Slash Damage Bonus by 8928
5: Increase 1H Pierce Damage Bonus by 5511
6: Increase 2H Pierce Damage Bonus by 8928

Ultimately, I just find it high comedy that Ranger archery burns have been stagnated into the dirt since House of Thule, and the melee disc that finally became it's heir is so wacky that I'm running around with weapons that are over a decade old to maximize dps. Also, I really wish I had a Mosscovered Branch to test out.

The337th fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 4, 2014

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Is headshotting still good xp or did that get nerfed?

The proc rate is really low now compared to what it was. The level cap did go up a bit though. I've learned to just treat it as a nice bonus when it fires, and not something to depend on for consistent kills.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Shodai posted:

So is headshot basically poo poo now? Used to love clearin Feerot. For that matter what about SK swarming?

The mass murder, xp fest version of headshot is dead. Now it's just becoming an AA that works on dark blues and lower and is a now and again huge damage proc.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Node posted:

Cleric apps are going to be scrutinized very closely after the Saavior debacle, just as a fair warning.

Now that's just a tease.

The337th fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 16, 2014

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

It's pretty noticeable they needed to stick with the staggered content releases, and that trying to go back to a larger multi-tiered release wasn't something they were prepared for.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

The HA lockout is kinda dumb, though I definitely have gotten sick of grinding the ideal HA for long periods of time. I guess being forced to mix it up a little more might not be the end of the world. The XP nerf, on the other hand, is just outright stupidity. It also adds to the feeling they're just wanting to make that grind to 105 lengthier to add some artificial depth to an expansion that is probably going to sorely need it.

The more I think about this, the worse it is. I don't think they realize how badly this will go over with the casual/slack/just plain bad players who spend the biggest part of their time slumming it in old content.

The337th fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 23, 2014

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

jetz0r posted:

Once casuals run into the 8-10 million hp trash mobs, they'll really start raging. Then when midtier guilds run into FIVE ABSOR raids in a row and realize they won't be killing any raids in this expansion, they'll be a bit pissed.

Basically, everything about TDS is going to make people rightfully rage, and the lead up nerfs are just some extra bonus shittiness!

Hell, a significant portion of the family guild I'm in would probably just quit playing before they bother with difficult group content. When VoA was current there were so many that never went farther than Argath/Valley, and the majority kept to older content exclusively. I see a lot of players like this on Luclin, whether they're just super casual or just too bad to handle anything that isn't trivial. If you have a noticeable portion of your playerbase that will happily pay their monthly sub and buy an expansion just to level up doing old stuff, it's pretty stupid to risk losing any of them for the sake of a crappy roadblock for anyone using old content to speed to 105.

Those HA lockouts will also be pretty insufferable for people if there are named in them that are the only source of specific pieces of group gear, nevermind the prospect of farming a CoTF style rare with that lockout.

The337th fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

lemonslol posted:

What's the new expansion look like? I'm thinking of coming back to play through it.

I would offer an opinion if I had more of one to give. I can only say it's the first EQ expansion I haven't bothered to preorder or buy on the first week in about 5-6 years.