Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Probably going to fire this up for a blast of nostalgia sometime this weekend, and then make a :gonk: face when I encounter something that reminds me of why I quit so many years ago!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

Peechka posted:

BTW, Im finding that the people that have been playing EQ for a while are all a bunch of nice guys, way more than any other MMO.

Yeah I've been pleasantly surprised with how nice people have been. We had a guy being rather obtuse in OOC in POF yesterday, goons started trolling him big time, which was hilarious I might add, then despite all that he goes and spends 10 minutes to kill a fabled to get me this. Pretty cool and I don't see that ever happening in any other game, at least not ones that I've played. Not to mention all the high level goons who have been running around killing fabled poo poo just because they can and getting all sorts of awesome stuff for the new folks like me.

J
Jun 10, 2001

xZAOx posted:

ZAM says he can drop multiple, did that happen for you too?

Yup, he dropped 3 of them when I was there. I think the other 2 rotted, oddly enough none of the usual monk crew was around at the time :(

J
Jun 10, 2001

MrTheDevious posted:

NEVAR FORGET PRECIOUS RYANTEAR AND GNONOTMYBUTT.

I'm just sad that I only got see a very small amount of his trolling before he got banned. :( Even the tiny bit I did see was some of the funniest trolling I've ever seen anywhere, and then you turn that loose on some of the....odd people playing EQ, and good lord.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Moss covered twig all over again? :haw:

J
Jun 10, 2001

:corsair:

I think he was talking about the fungus covered great staff that got removed.

:corsair:

J
Jun 10, 2001

xZAOx posted:

Oh....alright, that's a pretty awesome feature for raid leaders and loot council, no doubt.

It's also an awesome way for people to accidentally use their regular push to talk key instead of their whisper key and air a bunch of drama to everyone :q:

J
Jun 10, 2001

Hoohah posted:

Never underestimate the hatred some guilds have for each other and the lengths they'll go to gently caress each other over. Dima despises Grizvok and his whole crew for poo poo they did in Velious and Luclin, and vice versa. People at on the Swamp of No Hope medallion piece just to destroy it to slow down other guilds from getting into VP until later.

Everquest, everquest never changes. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

koreban posted:

This is all absolutely true, however with the new not-MQ2 scripting software, kronolords have built themselves automated unattended scripts for high keep, efreeti, mistmoore, guk, kerra isle, cyclops isle, etc.

I just lurk this thread to keep up with how EQ is doing nowadays but haven't actually played in forever so I don't really understand certain things like how picks work, but what happens when two kronolords want to AFK farm the same spot? Is their unattended setup so sturdy that it can't really be tampered with by anyone else? This is fascinating to me.