Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Zudah's amazing, best poo poo to come out of Igloo. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Zeether posted:

I think I figured out an easier way. The thumb and forefinger were fused together with plastic, so I cut between them and now it holds the gun.

That's exactly what I had to do with mine to fix the same problem, haven't had an issue since.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I have a bunch un-done but I fairly regularly built them till I got tired of not having a proper area to do so in. Cramped computer desk in a messy room leads to questions like "where the gently caress did both of the hazel's head sensor pieces go" and whatnot. Once I can get a good desk and maybe even a little paintbox for summer I'll be back at it. :colbert:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Miijhal posted:

It's the Woundwort. I actually kind of like the design, especially the mobile armor form. It does seem ridiculously out of place, though, given how sleek its design is compared to the clunkiness of pretty much every other mobile suit at the time. Which is a problem with all the Advance of Zeta mobile suits.

It's only a problem if you hate super sleek prototypes out the rear end. :c00l:

I'd buy like a dozen Woundwarts if we ever get an actual HGUC or such of the drat thing because I loving love it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Colon Semicolon posted:

you can get it... as a garage kit remold made from resin.

I can barely handle HGUC plastic without poo poo breaking everywhere, there's no way in hell I'm wasting cash on a resin garagekit.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Strike Witches :catstare:

Lightning Saix makes up for it, post some rad pictures of that mother once it's built.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Bimmi posted:

MGs that I would consider "bad" or otherwise less than desirable:

- Gouf Custom (weirdly put together and not very sturdy)
- Kampfer (ditto, one of the cheapest-feeling kits in the line)
- GP-02A (structural integrity leaves much to be desired)

:negative:

Hearing that the Ez8 is solid makes me smile though.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I hope the Buster is solid as a brick because I seriously may just break down and buy it anyway as my first MG because I adore the design.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

You might also look into Titan models from Warhammer 40k, perhaps. I'm not sure how many out there require assembly/painting/etc but I'm certain there's at least a few high quality ones like that.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Midjack posted:

Ironically enough I bought that from someone on this very board a while back. If I were to build it today it really would be a shame; I'm holding back on it till I can give it the treatment it deserves.

I still have an unbuilt Kampfer HGUC from the very first batch of Gunpla I ordered a few years ago for just this reason, it's one of my favorite suits and I don't wanna do it until I can at least have a space to do things like prime and paint it and whatnot. :unsmith:

Of course, right now I don't even have the space to just build period so :smithicide:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

God drat that thing's positively Wanzer-esque, I'm in love. What model in the line is it? :swoon:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

It's one of the better Gundams in AGE so I mean at least they're grabbing the designs that can be saved I guess. :shobon:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Which sucks because the FAZZ is one of the best looking bricks to come out of UC. :colbert:

I hope the MP version gets a kit of its own in the HG line at some point but I doubt it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Gerbera Tetra :swoon:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Are they releasing updated versions of SEED stuff to go along with the HD remakes? Hopefully some of the grunt suits get the treatment too in that case.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Red Bones posted:

Forget about the 3.0, this is looking amazing. They haven't announced every kit from the show yet have they? The HG Gold Frame, Zogok and Doben Wolf are the only ones I hadn't heard about before the show started. And the 3.0 I guess, which got announced the day before? I'm hoping for some upcoming RGs/MGs still.

Is that an MG 2.0 Kampfer?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

A new kampfer gently caress yes :pcgaming:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I just can't stand the feather wings. v:shobon:v

A kitbash that replaces them with some 00Raiser styled system would be cool as heck though. GN Drives are a guilty pleasure of mine.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Oh, Wing Zero's cool. I love the engine pods on the back, anyone who doesn't a scrub. :colbert:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Zedd posted:

Likewise here, I really loved 00 S1 and think the whole green-particles, GN drive and condensors all over the MS is really cool.
MG Dynames please :swoon:

Stargazer could make a cool MG. :swoon:

Stargazer kitbash with a GN drive or two and Exia Repair II's GN Sword.

The GN Sword and variants are another guilty pleasure, switchblade style mechanisms are so cool. :allears:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Droyer posted:

MG GP-03 Dendrobium :getin:

I don't think there's many people who can afford a 500 dollar kit. :v:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah, that's looking pretty drat cool.

Maybe leave the head without a V-fin or other adornments? It almost looks cool just round like it is now, but that's maybe just me. :v:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

GN Heat Horn. :whatup:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

All Gundam man, you gotta take advantage of those universal polycaps.

Speaking of monstrosities, during my club's meeting this week I dropped my V2's face and pretty much gave up on finding it after forty minutes of searching. One of the members offered to give up one of her kit's heads (she was building the HG Shining, and didn't really care for the transformed face). Cue an on-the-spot kitbash of the V2's torso, the Shining's head and arms, and the Double X's bottom half. Sadly I didn't take pictures, but it fit together fairly well all things considered.

Oh, and I found the V2's face literally two seconds after I walked over to open a door for somebody. Karma exists!

You should get pics of this horror when you can, kitbashes are the best. :allears:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Does anyone have experience with the Koto REX kit? Because it's on sale on HLJ right now and I'm a sucker for REX's design. :negative:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

That's what I was worried about, I've been hideously unsatisfied with the other koto kits I've had and my skills are nowhere near good enough to make up for their shortcomings, so I'll be passing on it. :sigh:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I have roughly two ikea wardrobes full of kits that are unbuilt. :shepicide:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Caros posted:

So my wife just gave me my super belated x-mas gift

:3: That's adorable.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

The average is about 5 hits, at least according to the information in crossbone. :goonsay:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah, they're sadly underwhelming for how awesome they are.

At least in G Gen there's the cool animation after the fact that has whatever Crossbone got hit whipping it off and throwing it aside, at least if memory serves.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Because matte gold is infinitely better than shiny. :colbert:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

God dammit bandai don't release the custom suit of my favorite zabi then make it exclusive :doom:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Those Thunderbolt kits :allears:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I really love this site.

Also I'm surprised at how well that looks. I love thick Mobile Suits.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Doesn't stop me from feeling like a scrub with some of the awesome poo poo I see. :v:

That Kampfer owns by the way, more guns more guns MORE GUNS

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

This stupid website is going to be the death of me.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

drat, that thing's big :magical:.
"Yes, it is true; We designed this thing on a drunken bet, just to see if the toy guys would actually make an HG kit the size of a toddler."

edit: There's also a picture of the Crossbone Maoh's chest cannon. I'm a little sad it wasn't "Eyebeams-o'-Doom" :sigh:.

I love it, I want to someday have it fighting the Dendrobium or something. :allears:

Also 'Screaming Skull Of Destruction' is still a pretty cool chest cannon.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

The Gihren's Greed alternate suits are all wicked awesome and they need more art and more kits and more everything.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I'm just happy an HG Turn A's coming out. Hopefully an HG Turn X will follow. :shobon:

also bandai gently caress off I don't have the money for this bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

The safety nub on the horn kind of gives it away.

I actually dig the safety nubs on the horns/vfins on HG kits. It gives them a little more pop and substance up top.

Also I think that gundam poo poo its pants.

• Locked thread