Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UncleRadnor
Jul 3, 2010
I don't know how many malaygoons there are here, but does anyone know any plamo stores that they'd swear by for good prices? (specifically in the kuala lumpur area?) i'm itching for that MG duel but all i've seen is are savings of a few (after conversion) hundred yen (ok fine its pretty new so it still hasnt gone down in price :v:)

UncleRadnor fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UncleRadnor
Jul 3, 2010

Morgenthau posted:

If I recall, Gamers Arena in Times Square has some of the best prices available in KL. I really recommend you get that MG though. Bandai was on their A-game for this design.
Thanks :) Also, were there any hobby shops inside KLCC or midvalley? I remember reading about one in KLCC somewhere but i'm not sure anymore.

UncleRadnor
Jul 3, 2010

Harmony Gold's gonna have my head :tinfoil:

Have to say I had fun with this kit. Transformation is a little part-swappy but still solid (if you've built the HGUC Delta Plus, it's the same pelvis block concept)
Now to paint it Zeta Plus orange :kamina:

UncleRadnor fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Apr 27, 2012

UncleRadnor
Jul 3, 2010
Could've sworn it was brought up before in the thread but for my life i can't find it - what's the popular opinion on the MG patlabor kits? Are they rare-ish? I know they're a bit old so i'd give a lot of leeway in the engineering.

UncleRadnor
Jul 3, 2010
10th place. Ahahahaha what the actual gently caress.

quote:

Some of these are silly, but Turn A being in third just makes me :unsmith:
I like how the top 10 is "gundam, gundam, gund...the Dom."
I agree that the Dom was a pretty good kit for its time (dem fingers!) but it beat the Gundam 2.0 and Zaku 2.0??

quote:

Some really bad kits in that list. People are dumb.
Which really hits home that it's just a big dumb popularity contest :rolleyes:

UncleRadnor
Jul 3, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

My newest haul. :)

Any reason why they did a reprint of these wacky G-Unit kits?
I saw them being advertised by GG and a Japanese dude was doing reviews of them recently.

quote:

...'where is 50 Cent?'...'Gundam Lobster'...'Gundam Grape and Gundam rear end'
S-stop ittt! Gundam is a very serious hobby!! You guys are meaaaan :cry:

UncleRadnor
Jul 3, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

Has anyone made the Gaplant Hrairoo HG kit? It seems like one of the most prototypical prototype designs, and I dig that it's a Gundam-style machine with a mono-eye. But I'm trying to figure out what the extra bits do, am I right in that it has one sub-arm which normally fits to the back of the skirt and holds the rifle in MA mode, which can also plug into the back of the shoulder binders? And what do the shoulder binders do, one opens up and appears to have another hardpoint in it you can plug the rifle into, the other appears to be different, does it have another gimmick?

It is what it is - an old HGUC kit, remoulded in different colours with some new parts. Not to say that's a bad thing :)
It comes with all of the original Gaplant parts (excluding the booster) and most of the Hrairoo parts can come off easily, so you can convert it back to the original Gaplant.

You're pretty much spot on about all the extra bits. As for the other shoulder pad/pod, it doesn't open up on the kit (dunno if there's a canon reason for it)

UncleRadnor
Jul 3, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Anyone got a recommendation for a good HG or RG Gundam kit built around the principle of MORE DAKKA!? :orks:

I've already got a Seravee Gundam (and heard the Virtue's not that great), along with hearing the Heavyarms and Buster Gundams both have terrible kits on account of age, I was just wondering if there are any gems I might've missed. The FA Unicorn's out too, because any time I see it all I can think of is the opening cutscene from the first Worms game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ckbNvrM83A&t=34s

You've already listed the well known ones - may I suggest the 1/144 HG Super Ultra Mega Custom Zaku F2000 Full Armor. For good looks, you could try the Gundam Leopard or Leopard D - both come in 1/144 or 1/100 but don't expect stellar construction/engineering, considering the kits were released mid 90's.

UncleRadnor
Jul 3, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Gundamguy's got some new pictures of the Exia Darkmatter and Miss Sazabi.

Exia Dark Matter

Miss Sazabi

There's also the various Build Fighters Mastergrades up as well. Apparently there's also going to be a Dark Matter Booster, which I guess will probably have the big-rear end wings and hip-mounted swords.

Gatdamnit- i'm always good at these things but for my life I can't guess what the Miss Sazabi's legs are from. Is it a Vagan design?

UncleRadnor
Jul 3, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also, what's the quality like on the Union FLAG 00 kits? Specifically the Graham custom one.
I only have Graham's Flag (although in hindsight, most of the Flags share the same construction - only real difference between them are paint jobs or rifles/guns)
It looks wicked and I love its alt-mode. But let me tell you about the bad points:

- Ankles suck! They have a very small range of motion and limits it to really basic poses when on the ground (needs action base)
- Hips are weird and although mine haven't yet, I can guess the ABS joint will loosen over time (and if you keep transforming it)
- Gun is unwieldy - I would've liked the option of the original linear rifle since it was a little smaller and more "one-hand-able" but alas the kit doesn't come with it.

All in all, it was ok. I got it out of sheer curiosity and I got it cheap. If I had the choice, I might've gone with the original Flag, since the design can get lost in Graham's all black colour scheme. If you can get the original Flag for $18AUD, then cool :)

UncleRadnor
Jul 3, 2010
I'm got heaps of gunpla but I want to get rid a lot of them - what are some options that aren't entirely wasteful?
And they're not all in excellent condition either, most of them have been built with varying degrees of skill (a 12 year old building a MG GP01fb wasn't a good idea...) and some suffer from broken limbs and bad paintjobs. I wouldn't think there would be a big aftermarket for kits already built, considering (IMO) most of the fun is building it :(

UncleRadnor
Jul 3, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you want something to do with them, you could mix-n-match whatever's intact into some custom Gundams. Grab the Gunpla Battle Arm Arms set for some joint pieces and go nuts.
Hah, like Build Fighters or Gundam Breaker :) Sure it's an entertaining prospect, but i'm trying to meaningfully get *rid* of them (not saying yours is a bad idea though)

Maybe i have to face the fact that gunpla is not easily recycleable :(

Edit: i'll try contacting my local gunpla forum and see if anyone wants them for painting practice.

UncleRadnor fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Apr 8, 2014

UncleRadnor
Jul 3, 2010
I took a few photos of the GP01 box and contents but I thought i'd just keep it brief. Here's a quick photo of how bad the GP01 looks:

Most joints are floppy, the right shoulderpad broke, was cemented back together then broke again and is held in place by friction in the photo.
Not to mention the dust - the more I look at it more, the more I think it's beyond help.

Oh well, never forget your first ;)

Bonus:

quote:

Maybe post a list of what you have? There are a couple old kits I'm keeping an eye out for, and I was already planning on fixing them up anyways.
I'm came prepared :downs:

Assume all are built and panel lined. Some have paint (badly done)

UncleRadnor fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 9, 2014

UncleRadnor
Jul 3, 2010

quote:

Are all of these painted?
Only a few have big paintjobs, the rest are mostly OOB with panel lining, painted eyes/monoeyes (some with solid colours and the rest with clear tamiya colours)
Off the top of my head, only the MG Gyan, NG Blitz and MKII are painted differently (only passable paintjob was the Gyan, the Blitz and MKII suck rear end)

quote:

People wanting X, Y or Z
Woah, ok that's a lot of responses :) Sorry to ask you to guys to ask again, email me at uncleradnorsa@gmail.com
Ask me what you'd like and I'll send you photos of the kit and my honest assessment of its condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UncleRadnor
Jul 3, 2010
Remember how master grade kits used to come with the flap of glossy cardboard with a big rear end photo of the completed kit? Oh that nostalgia :allears:

Anyway, back to replying to your emails :monocle:

Just a heads up, I'm in Australia so it might be a bit pricey to get to you. I'm thinking you guys might not want the boxes and the sprues anyway, so that might help with shipping - unless you have a better idea on how to ship it? (no seriously, this is becoming quite a task!)

I might also be a bit slow to respond, so apologies in advance!

• Locked thread