Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I posted a lot of reviews of Kotobukiya SRW sets in the prior threads, I'll dredge some of those up(and shrink them down a little) for you if you'd like some recommendation content.

edit: removed reviews as they are now promoted to 2nd post!

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I put up a collection of all my reviews of Kotobukiya SRW kits from prior threads in the third post.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Reposting here because I've decided to get rid of a bunch of Gunpla:

quote:

Dug out a box of my really old Transformers that I planned on selling, but don't really want to deal with the hassle of figuring out what parts go where, what the average price per dude is, and such. This is almost all G1-G2 stuff, and at least a dozen of them have parts, most are in good condition, but a few are busted like Soundwave and one of the Insecticons(good for parts I suppose). I don't know what to ask for it, if anyone's interested in them, by all means, make an offer.

Also selling some stuff from my main collection, an Energon Omega Supreme body with no extra parts, but still makes for an excellent display piece because really, he's loving huge. Also a Blaster that's in pretty good shape, no accessories, and one of the speakers needs to be reattached as it's come loose inside his leg. Pictures of those and a bunch of Gunpla I'm selling including a somewhat busted Perfect Grade Wing Zero, GP-02, Altairlion, Wildwurger, RX-78, broken hip Zaku, and a weeeeeird remote control car that also transforms into a robot that I got years ago.

http://imgur.com/a/nc7G4

Make me an offer on any of it, either via PM or captaininvictus@gmail.com , I'm only really looking for cash. I'd prefer to get rid of the big lot in one go, so if you're looking for stuff to resell, by all means make an offer on it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Dude. gently caress! Selling all my Revoltechs, since they can't possibly hold a candle to SAMUS loving ARAN.

It ain't the Super Metroid Varia Suit like I'd want:

but at this point beggars can't be choosers.

A Chie's fine too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Selling a bunch of stuff including a bunch of Gunpla/robots in SA-Mart, I'll probably be sticking some Revoltechs in there when I dig them out as well.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3481185

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fauxtool posted:

I'll have you know that I already sold it at a 50% markup on craigslist.
Reselling terrible figures is how I recoup shipping costs.

Does anyone want to buy a HMM Liger Zero and Schneider armor kit?
I picked up an extra set somewhere.

Im also open for trades, nendos, figmas, gunpla, scaled figures, anything really.

Do they have to be sealed, or what sort of condition are you looking for here? I've got a box of random built gunpla, a PG Wing Zero Custom, old MG Zaku/RX-78, some other crap.

Bunch of pictures and full list in this here (now apparently archived) thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3481185

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nevermind then

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There is no better liger zero than the panzer. Something about being covered in so many guns that it has to blow the armor off after use or overheat is right up my alley.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TaurusOxford posted:

So i'd like some goon opinions on anyone who owns PG Wing Zero. How solid of a kit is it, and for what kind of price should I be looking for so I don't get ripped off?

It is flimsy as gently caress, parts pop off if you look at it funny, and is generally a crap kit. I'd suggest if you want a PG kit just to build to get the RX-78. Mine's taken more than one shelf dive and come out with little to no damage. Meanwhile, the single time the WZC fell(off a 3-foot shelf, no less) it broke off both feather-wings, an arm armor piece, a finger, and an ankle armor piece.

If you just want a built PG model, I'd sell you mine for like sixty bucks and find what parts I still have for it, saves you from having to build the dreadful thing. It still stands up fine and the core die-cast frame is intact, the non-feather wings are still fine though they're a little loose. I'd throw in a slightly damaged MG Zaku and ACGUY action figure too if you want.

Here's a couple pics of the models in question:

edit: as for price, looks like new in box ones on Ebay regularly sell for around 200.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Aug 31, 2012

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TaurusOxford posted:

*sigh* There's goes my idea for having the 5 EW Master Grades all around, each in cool action poses while the PG WZC is majestically posed behind them emphasizing the fact that Wing Zero is basically the creator of the five suits.

Thanks for the offer, but i'm not in the market for buying used and already assembled kits.

Then I would highly suggest you pass on the Wing Zero Custom. The wing supports are not strong enough to hold them aloft without help for any length of time, parts fly off under pressure fairly regularly if you move it at all, and it's just not very good all around in terms of quality.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I will again suggest the RX-78 perfect grade kit. It does look like a big toy once built, but damned if it isn't one of the most solid, both in style and durability, that I've ever built.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
How many Gunbuster models have actually bothered to incorporate Folding Arm Technology so that it doesn't look completely retarded when striking its iconic pose?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

mr. stefan posted:

Still 31 more MGs to go. After the gunota shitstorm that got kicked up over Turn A being MG 100
Elaborate?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

BlitzBlast posted:

I dunno, I kind of want to keep all the kits I buy at the same size (1/144). Is there a MG of a Psycho Gundam or some other already gigantic thing? That might fit well with everything else being smaller.

Just keep the different scales separate, man. Get an MG, they're way more fun than HGs. I suggest the RX-79 and Ez8 MG's, those were my first aside from the original RX-78 and Zaku kits(HORRIBLE :negative:) and still among my favorites, even after building dozens of Gunpla.

And when you're sick of Gundams, there's always the Kotobukiya line to drain your wallet with. I enjoyed assembling some of the Super Robot Wars stuff far more than the Gundam stuff, and the R-1 1/100 kit is INCREDIBLE. The Aussenseiter kit is probably my favorite Gunpla kit to assemble ever. It's just an absolute joy to put together, has outstanding articulation, and comes with rubber wheels, yay!

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...0%24pagecnt%3D1
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...0%24pagecnt%3D1

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I thought you were going to say it was Loran's cow.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
God drat it. That's the ONE MG I didn't buy from the legendary Amazon super sale, because the box art was so tiny that it made it look absolutely retarded, and implied that it came only in full-armor mode, not that it was removable.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TaurusOxford posted:

So the real question is, should we expect the whole GP0 Trilogy, or would GP02 be not that likely given its size?

The GP02 MG is a disaster. I hope they remake it in some form, with better articulation and such.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

quote:

AnonymousFebruary 26, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Really? REALLY!? Are you loving stupid as poo poo? the whole loving concept of Gundam is unconventional, what, do you have a degree in astrophysics? Or engineering? Can you even read the text on the image to know what it actually does!? Do you enjoy being retarded?
RAGE MODE.

Those mobile suits look like unmitigated poo poo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Please tell me there's a scene in that crappy Gunpla Builders anime where someone hand-snaps parts off the sprue and someone does an anime double-take.

I know that happened occasionally in Sgt. Frog. If there's a gif of anything like that, someone please post it.

I always hand-snap poo poo that's not going to be visible anyways.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The thing that baffles me about the Wing non-Gundam suits not getting MG kits is that almost all of them are mass-produced grunts. I know that I bought(admittedly discounted) multiple Zaku and RX-79 kits way back when because I wanted a squad to go with a Char Zaku and the EZ-8.

Not to mention most of them are among the best suits in all of the Gundam franchises. The Leo, the Mercurius and Vayeate as well as their derivatives(forgot the name) are some of my favorite suits.

And that's not even mentioning the Serpent, which is just a big bulky beast of bullet-spitting machinery.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Apr 10, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's just the logical conclusion to the long, tortured evolution of the Crash Test Dummy.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I haven't paid attention to Revoltechs in a while, but apparently they're offering multi-packs now.

If anyone wants to buy this, I'll split it with you for the Yoko and Lazengann, don't have those two yet. Unless there's something wrong with them that is said in the Japanese bits and would explain why they're cheap!

http://www.amiami.jp/top/detail/det...0%24pagecnt%3D1

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Six inches is the height of pretty much every revoltech.

If I sold all my Revoltechs except one, it'd probably be either Megatron or that crescent moon-helmeted giant robo guy. Both have outstanding articulation and look fantastic. Plus I got a spare of the GR one for like 2 bucks during an HLJ clearance. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

boom boom boom posted:

You're not gonna have much luck with that bro, the ones you want are the rare, expensive ones, the other two are dirt cheap everywhere.

Weird, since I think you can still buy all four individually.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Also the GP-02's arms are the second-worst designed limbs I have ever put together, second only to one of the Kotobukiya SRW kits whose arms literally tear themselves apart when you try to make it's hand touch it's shoulder.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What's it at now?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Heavyarms Custom is the only true Heavyarms. MAXIMUM CHAINGUN

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Did the MG Turn A really do that poorly?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Arquinsiel posted:

Could be worse, Transformers fans have Gold Plastic Syndrome to deal with.

I feel compelled to post this now to show just how much it suuuuuucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcjAUN5Ssj8

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's okay. Randy, in fact, sucks.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fix posted:

I don't suppose anyone knows of an online repository of assembly manuals, do they? I'm trying my hand at one of these things and it didn't come with the pamphlet.

Unless I missed that link in the OP...

Got a name/kit number/brand etc, maybe someone can link you to it specifically?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wait, is that the Serpent Custom kit from like 15 years ago? If so, you could do soooo much better, Fix.

In fact, if you want, I can sell you a Master Grade EZ-8 or RX-79 that's been sitting in my closet, unassembled.

I've assembled a LOT of Gunpla and these two are among my favorite builds. They're big, they're burly, and they are just a blast to assemble. They also look great unpainted, while most Gunpla don't.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I forgot that the inner frame is essentially the same. Still, they're both fun builds because of the outer frame, and while they don't have the articulation of recent MGs, they're still solid kits when built. Also, those fully-disassembleable cannons that they both have just tickles that little sweet spot I have for ridiculous heavy artillery that also can be taken apart and stored away in the backpack easily. :v:

The EZ-8 was my first MG I believe, and I hosed up no less than four times and broke a few parts, but even then it still assembled perfectly fine.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
gently caress yeah, Turn A! Maybe this will inspire an MG Sumo, Turn X or that weird tan one that the clown girl piloted.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Oblique Angle posted:

My shelf is starting to look like Super Robot Wars:
You call that a knife? :colbert:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

muike posted:

Anyone have a lot of experience with Koto kits? I just put a preorder on the F-22 from Muv-Luv because I really like the look of it, and I'm wondering if they've got any general engineering issues I should know about. All I really know about them is that some parts can be molded sharp enough to draw blood, and that Cybuster is basically a lethal weapon if you drop it on someone.

Well I did a bunch of reviews for SRW kits, if those are any indication of the quality of Koto kits as a whole.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3472857#post401627153

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wait wait wait. There's a not out of production SRX kit?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Take a dustbuster, empty it out, and then vacuum the general area then search the contents. Should turn up.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, seriously.

I haven't bought a gunpla kit in quite a few years, but after seeing the MG Heavyarms Custom for 25% off, I had to grab one while I could. It looks incredible, when I'm in a building mood I will fully revel in assembling that beauty.

Fauxtool posted:

apparently this insane model has sold for $10k at auction. Thats awesome and i hope the builder feels it was worth the time.
What level of customization is it? Is it a fully custom model, or a kit he modified, or what? It's one of the snazziest painted gunpla I've seen, at any rate. I've got a soft spot for that particular suit even if it's goofy as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

sporklift posted:

I was looking at this one...

http://amzn.com/B0006N149M
This one was the one I meant.
http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Gundam...eavyarms+custom

The original 1/144 Heavyarms Custom, much as I loved it at the time, really kinda sucks.

• Locked thread