Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery

Stultus posted:

Not sure if anyone else uses these products, but I use Adam's Polishes in basically every aspect of detailing my car from exterior to interior. Their stuff is a bit on the pricier side, but it's pretty much fool proof to work with and all of it seems to work amazingly on all the cars I've worked on.
Psst...a lot of Adam's stuff is made by these guys. Some of the products will sound familiar to you. I have attended some of Adam's instructional days; they are really knowledgable and helpful folks. I still buy some stuff from them just because of that.

PitViper posted:

What does everyone use for interiors? I HATE the super glossy Armor-All look, so I've been using a low-gloss Meguiar's interior spray. It cleans and leaves a very faint shine, but I'm wondering if there's something better I could try.
Meguiar's #40 and 303 Aerospace Protectant are good, low-gloss products for plastics.

Frozen-Solid posted:

1) I live in an apartment and don't have access to a hose.
2) I don't have a garage so my car is parked outside and in the elements 99% of the time.
Those of you without access to a hose should look into a product called Optimum No Rinse. You mix an ounce into 2 or so gallons of water and essentially use it as a sponge bath for your car. It acts as a surfactant so it encapsulates dirt so you don't scratch the car going over it with the sponge. The key is to use up a lot of the liquid in the process (ie don't wring out your sponge) and I try to keep the sponge clean by scraping it against the grit guard.

The process is explained here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYOAyxsEIuQ

Optimum No Rinse also makes a great clay bar lube and quick detailer. I mix the quick detailer in a one gallon pump garden sprayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Frozen-Solid posted:

That is seriously awesome and just what I was hoping to find out about. If doing that is all it'll take every few weeks to keep my car looking awesome I'll be using it in a second. I'm assuming you can get that kinda thing at Autozone or O'reilly?
I get it from detailing.com; they are local so I can just pop down to their shop and get it without waiting or paying for shipping. Yes, the sign out in front of the building does actually say detailing.com on it. I don't think I've ever seen Optimum stuff in another physical store.

I haven't used any of the competing stuff, but the general term for the product is "rinseless wash*". If you have a Camping World near you, they should have something called Quick & Easy Wash which is a similar product. Again, I've never used it and Optimum No Rinse seems like the most popular product in the category if you look around Autogeek.

* not to be confused with "waterless wash", which is a spray on/wipe off kind of a deal. Not as effective and more likely to scratch.

TheGoatTrick fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Mar 26, 2012

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Stultus posted:

Also to add to drying the car, does anyone use the California Water blade? I found it really helpful since it knocks off a bulk of the water from the flat surfaces so you don't have to worry about over saturating your drying towel.
If your car has some sort of wax/sealant on it, try this. After washing, take the nozzle off your hose. If you just run water straight out of the hose from the roof down, it comes off in sheets and leaves you with very little that you will need to towel dry.

Phone posted:

Can people compile a list of the stuff that they use? I think that people would like to know what people use in an easy list.

Wash: DP Xtreme Foam Car Wash and Gilmour Foamaster foam gun, bucket with grit guard
Clay: Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay with Optimum No Rinse 6% solution
Wax: Meguiars #16 (paint) and Finish Kare 1000P (wheels). The FK 1000P works great on paint too if you're looking for something durable. Zaino (Z5, Z2, and ZCS) is a good product too if you want something that is low maintenance and will last a long time.
Polish: Menzerna Super Intensive Polish (with orange pad) and Super Finish (with white pad)
Rinseless wash: Optimum No Rinse, 1 oz/gallon (2 gallons required)
Quick detailers: Optimum No Rinse 6% solution (to remove stuff), Finish Kare 425 (for gloss)
Exterior plastic and tires: Adam's (or Chemical Guys, it's the same thing) VRT
Interior plastic: 303 Aerospace Protectant
Leather: Leather Master Soft Cleaner and Protection Cream (also, vacuum and wipe down leather with warm water and a sponge regularly)
Towels: Eurow Shag Weave Towel (buy the 10 pack!) and those yellow Vroom towels you can get at Target
Wheels: Mothers wheel and tire brushes (work great inside the exhaust tips too)

TheGoatTrick fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 26, 2012

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Weinertron posted:

I'd really appreciate some pointers on how to set up a brand new daily driver for easy cosmetic maintenance. My game plan for keeping it in good shape is washes every week or two with optimum no rinse, water washes when I have more time and access to a hose, and either wax every 3 months or a sealant every 6 months. Is there anything I need to do beyond a wash and wax for a brand new car? I contacted a local detail shop just to see, and got this back, which sounds expensive for what it is and overall not worth it for a car that's going to get rock chips and such because it's just an everyday commuter.
Wash, clay, and sealant is really all you need, unless you want to go the OptiCoat route.

I've been using Optimum Optiseal for a few weeks and it's great. Literally can't get any easier than spraying a product on, spreading it around with an applicator, and having it flash off on its own. Since it's so easy to do, you'll do it more often, and if you do it more often, keeping a car clean is easy. You can top it with a wax (even a spray wax) for added gloss if you want.

Apply wax to your wheels also. I do it every time I rotate my tires. I have one of those small California Car Dusters that I clean my wheels with in between washings and the wax (I'm using FK1000P) makes brake dust come off easy. Again, keeping them clean makes them easier to clean.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

thegasman2000 posted:

I am looking at cleaning under the hood but using a pressure washer scares me. Is it ok to just spray on some cleaner, no idea which?, and blast that poo poo off?

If anyone is wondering I am not cleaning the lancia engine bay, that would remove all the structural support!
I usually spray with Simple Green and scrub with a brush. Rinse it off by running a hose (no nozzle, no spraying). As long as you're not dumb and don't spray up under electrical covers, it should be fine.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

eames posted:

Does it make sense to put another layer of wax over the existing layer of wax to refresh it or do I have to strip everything and start over from zero?
You can layer it. The only time I strip everything down is if I've never done the car before and don't know what's on it already.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

West SAAB Story posted:

Any suggestions for helping to soften the leather in a car that has been baking in the sun for a few years? It's not crackled, yet, but it is a bit tight. Price points below the hundred dollar mark on supplies are greatly appreciated.
Leatherique works really well for this. Slather the seats with lots of Rejeuvenator Oil and let the car sit in the sun for an entire day. Then use the cleaner to wipe everything off. http://www.autogeek.net/leleca.html

Autogeek is having a sale today, use coupon code BUNNY15 to get 15% off your entire order.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

meatpimp posted:

Holy shitsnacks, that's awesome. I'll be doing that, let it dry for a few weeks, then 3M Spray clearing it: http://www.amazon.com/3M-90000-Paint-Defender-Spray/dp/B00BSKYM82
Hey meatpimp, did you ever get around to using the 3M spray? I'm hearing mostly good things about it, but a few reviews that it's a nightmare to get right.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

MrOnBicycle posted:

Jesus christ I hate seagulls. I'll be damned if I don't have to wipe poo poo off the car every time I use it. Haven't really got any alterantives for parking right now neither.

Lots of lubrication + microfiber towels + straight wipe, fold and use new part of towel is ok right?
Put a towel over it, pour hot water on the towel until it is soaked, let sit for 5 minutes, remove towel/wipe. The hot water softens up any, uh, solids so they are easier to remove and you're less likely to scratch up the paint.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Larrymer posted:

I'd recoat the headlights with something afterwards. They do a great job polishing but the UV just makes them yellow again in 6 months. Not sure what the best solution for that is, though.
There's a new Meguiar's kit that has a coating solution in it too, but it says it only keeps them from yellowing for a year.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Phone posted:

The ice trick isn't working to get the gum out of one of the floor mats in the ND. Should I step it up to dry ice?
Can of compressed air, held upside down. Scrape with a plastic knife.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Mat_Drinks posted:

I've yet to use the gtechniq stuff and in general I feel like there is a lack of information out there on it other than pro detailers saying it works on the Internet, but I don't really trust that.
Heh, I just bought Gtechniq Cystal Serum Light and Exo V3 today. Will report back.

A family member's car was just done in a similar coating called CS-II. Haven't washed it yet, but initial impressions are very, very good.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Hikaki posted:

Also, too much soap couldn't have possibly removed the sealant too, could it?
No. Before you go to the trouble of rewaxing, try applying a detailing spray. It will make the surface more slick to the touch.

TheGoatTrick fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jul 2, 2017

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Hikaki posted:

My friend put on something called McKee's 37 Wheel Coating on his brand new wheels and it feels like it didn't do poo poo for protecting against brake dust, so I'm a little skeptical.
Missed this earlier. Wheel coatings don't prevent brake dust from sticking, they just make it easier to clean it off. I use FK1000P on my wheels and it gets pretty much all of the brake dust off with just a hose.

You can also brush the brake dust off easily when the wheels are dry using a California Car Duster. The small one that is used for dashboards works well.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Hikaki posted:

The car duster looks interesting. Would it be a good idea to forgo actual washes and just dust the car every week? I have it garaged and my last wash was 80% just to remove a layer of dust. For stuff like bug guts, I'm thinking of getting a rinseless wash in a spray bottle and just doing spot cleaning.
No, using that duster on paint will create swirls over time. My cars are garaged most of the time too. I found the easiest thing to do is go to the coin operated car wash and use their spot free rinse to get loose dust off, then just drive away. If you do this every two weeks or so, it stays pretty clean and you won't have to do much else.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

TheGoatTrick posted:

Heh, I just bought Gtechniq Cystal Serum Light and Exo V3 today. Will report back.
It is done. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light under two coats of Gtechniq Exo V3.

(Sup, Hikaki? :hfive:)

The Gtechnic products are very easy to use. I followed this guide, but I substituted a 10% IPA solution for the Panel Wipe. Both products have plenty of working time before they cure so you don't have to rush. They apply kind of thick, but there's no pressure needed on the towel to remove the excess. All the excess got removed on the first pass with a towel but I went over each section with a second towel just to be sure. I got a big pack of new microfiber towels from Costco and replaced them whenever I felt the towel start to drag on the surface. Costco microfibers are cheap and worked just fine if you want to throw them away. I washed mine and they seem fine so I'll use them around the house.

The hardest part was the prep, as usual. I didn't have a bright enough light to check my work while polishing, so I had to pull the car out into the sunlight. Because of the angle of the light, I missed some micromarring, especially on the vertical panels. I always have the most trouble with those. In retrospect, I should have used a black pad instead of white to finish. Oh well, it's still an overall improvement over the swirls that were there before.

Previously, I had OptiSeal topped with Meguiar's #16 Carnauba. It gave the car a nice, diffuse glow in sunlight. The Gtechnic looks sharp and crisp in comparison, if that makes sense.

A couple more pictures of the Gtechniq in different lighting:

TheGoatTrick fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 4, 2017

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Hikaki posted:

That's awesome! Is that the arctic white or ceramic? I can't quite tell; it looks more like arctic white with the Gtechniq and more like ceramic with the OptiSeal.

I'm amazed at how glossy the Gtechniq is though. That's without any wax on top?
Edited my post above to clarify. All of those pictures are of the Gtechniq in different lighting. As you might guess from that, the car is Ceramic Metallic.

That's without anything else on top. You can put something on top if you like, but then it will just have the surface properties of whatever is on top. I want to try out the hydrophobic properties of the Exo V3, so I'm going to leave it as is.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

TheGoatTrick posted:

It is done. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light under two coats of Gtechniq Exo V3.

5 month update: I have nothing bad to say. Look at this hydrophobicity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEg_WBY-FRs

I have washed the car properly only one time in the last 5 months and that was just to see how things were holding up. The surface remains slick to the point that you can set a soapy sponge on the hood and it'll slide a bit.

Otherwise, I've just been going to the self serve car wash every few weeks. Hit it with the spot free rinse (or high pressure if there are water spots) and drive off. Half a mile down the road, all of the water has beaded off and the car is dry. Hell, you can park it in the rain and once you drive off, it's clean.

I did find some excess coating that I had missed removing. But even a few weeks after application, I was able to get it off with one pass of M205 and an orange pad.

So overall, I highly recommend this product and I'm totally on board with the concept of ceramic coatings in general. This one is also highly rated from what I've read on detailing forums. It's 1/3 of the price and way easier to apply. I bought a bottle for my other car. Haven't had a chance to try it but if it's even 70% as good I'll be very happy.

TheGoatTrick fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 9, 2017

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

a mysterious cloak posted:

Really thinking hard about doing this with my new GTI.
Do it!

Speaking of the new GTI, did it literally come with spiderwebbing pre-installed in the paint?

the car is black
I found your problem. FWIW, Crystal Serum Light is "swirl resistant".

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

MomJeans420 posted:

Now that everyone is using these new ceramic coatings, is there a recommended one that isn't ridiculously expensive?
McKee's 37 is pretty cheap and as easy to apply as can be. Spray on, even out, wipe off. They only disadvantage to a normal sealant is that you have to keep the car dry for 24 hours after application.

Results are pretty decent for a $40 product.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Larrymer posted:

Does it last any longer than a normal sealant? I've heard claims but would rather hear first hand instead of marketing bs.
I did it at the end of last year. Washed the car for the first time today- it's my sisters and is parked outside. It hasn't been too long but it's holding up very well.

Even if it only lasts as long as a normal sealant, you still get the benefits of a coating. It's easy to spot clean and you can drive off in a wet (not necessarily clean) car and have it clean and dry after a few minutes.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

TacoHavoc posted:

Do you wax over the sealant? It's outside my normal compound/polish/wax routine so help me understand how this stuff works...
Ceramic coatings create a glass-like layer on top of the paint. In general, these coatings are:

- Hydrophobic, which means you can drive off with a wet car and it'll be dry quickly, much more so than with a regular sealant or wax. Water beads up and falls off the car, taking any dust/dirt with it. If your car lives outside and is wet when you drive off in the morning, it stays fairly clean on its own. Also, since nothing really sticks to the paint, most water spots and grease can be removed with just a high pressure rinse and no soap or scrubbing.
- Swirl resistant, due to being harder than clearcoat. Some coatings are harder than others. At the very least, the ability to keep your car clean without using a sponge or drying (due to above) will help with reducing swirls.
- Easy to spot clean; bird crap, etc. doesn't stick to coatings as much as it does to paint.

You can put wax over a coating if you want, but you'll lose the hydrophobic and easy-to-clean properties.

There's a good overall explanation here. Also, my previous posts:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3474488&pagenumber=63&perpage=40#post474020997
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3474488&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=68#post479176308

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Larrymer posted:

Maybe I'm cynical but sealant seems to be similar but only lasts for a few months here.
It is significantly better at everything compared to a sealant and should last a lot longer. I'm coming up on a year on a couple of applications and everything is holding up well.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

I'm using a foam sprayer with a garden hose instead of a soap bucket. Very convenient and gets the soap distributed evenly.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

prom candy posted:

Probably asked and answered a number of times but do you guys have a preferred spray/method for dealing with bird poo poo?
1. Heat up a cup of water
2. Place a towel over the bird poo poo
3. Pour water over towel, soaking it
4. Let sit for 3-5 minutes
5. Remove towel, anything remaining on paint should wipe up easily

The hot water softens it so you don't have to scrub and risk scratching. The towel holds the water in place.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

prom candy posted:

Oh nice, thanks! Hot like steaming or hot like warm?
Somewhere in between will usually work. The water won't need to be as hot if there isn't as much sticky or solid stuff.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

ThirstyBuck posted:

Yes, please do this. I am looking to give my 20 year old M3 some much needed love.
Hi.

A day's work. You've already got everything you need, although I used a ceramic instead of wax. I used Gyeon Q2 Mohs ceramic coating. I've since used Gyeon Q2 Pure on another car and would recommend that- it's applied in one thick coat instead of two thinner ones, which saves time.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

dphi posted:

I bought a couple of these while deciding whether I want to do coat my car or not, can somebody go more into the maintenance after coating?
I did my Miata more than a year ago, so I am into the maintenance phase. If you park indoors where nothing will really stick to the car, you can just spray it and drive off and your car will be pretty clean. Keeping the car clean and the coating in good shape is super easy. Here's what I've been using:

Quick detailer: Diluted Optimum No Rinse. Basically, anything without any sort of additional wax or other protectant will work well. ONR was recommended by someone who coats cars for a living. Make sure you get the blue one and not the green one- the green contains a sealant.

During wash: If you want to maintain the hydrophobic part of the coating (or make it even better), Gyeon WetCoat is really nice. Wash the car, spray it on, spray it off with high pressure. The instructions say to use a pressure washer, but I've also gotten good results with just a hose and jet nozzle.

After wash: Gyeon Cure is a "maintenance" spray that contains silica (ceramic). I use this every few months after a full wash. Just spray it on the car as you wipe dry. CarPro Reload is a similar product. The CarPro is cheaper, but I'm still working through all the Cure that comes in the Gyeon coating kits.

Water spots: Gyeon WaterSpot kind works if the water spots are fresh. Keep in mind it will reduce the hydrophobicity of your coating, so you'll want to follow up with WetCoat.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

dphi posted:

if it will make cleaning off the sap any easier.
It would.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Evil SpongeBob posted:

E: But it does look like detailing.com's showroom is right by me. Hooray!
Sup, neighbor? :cool: Detailing.com is my favorite store and they have 20% off this weekend. I'd get:

- Nanoskin clay sponge or towel
- Optimum No Rinse, to be used as a clay lube and quick detailer
- Soap of your choice (anything they sell there will work)
- Optimum OptiSeal sealant
- Adam's VRT for tires/exterior plastic (I like it because it's water based instead of silicone based and Adam's makes a nice applicator as well)
- 303 Aerospace Protectant for interior plastic

They have some spray sealants that contain ceramics (Gyeon CanCoat or Gtechnic C2V3) if you want to try that route as well instead of the OptiSeal. They won't be any harder to apply than the OptiSeal. And they carry a bunch of full on Ceramic coatings as well.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Went to the detailer.com store today

Is it really important to wash these towels in special microfiber laundry detergent? I know to wash them separately.
Heh, I was just there buying microfiber detergent today. I got Micro-Restore, which was recommended by a towel vendor. I have issues with my towels not being absorbant after washing, but that might be a water issue.

Remember not to wash your drying towels and wax towels together.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Coming up on 2 years with Ceramic coating now (Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light and Exo V3). After a quick wash last week:

The coating is still functioning well. I'd say 90-95% of the beading that it had when originally applied and pretty much all of the gloss. I do maintain it with a drying aid, which I'm sure is helping with the longevity.

I have been using CarPro ECH2O. It's like Optimum No Rinse; you can use it as a rinseless wash, waterless wash, or quick detailer. It has silica, so it works really nicely with the ceramic coating, and it seems to be slightly thicker than ONR. I'm also using it as part of the mixture in the drying aid, which provides an incredible amount of gloss and can make a dusty car appear reasonably clean. If you have a ceramic coating, I highly recommend mixing this up:

- 1 part CarPro ECH2O
- 1 part Gyeon Cure (or CarPro Reload, or any silica spray sealant
- 8 parts distilled water

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Red_Fred posted:

I had the idea the other night to ceramic coat my wheels as they get covered in brake dust very quickly (the fronts within a day or two of washing). Does anyone have any recommended products? I've never ceramics coated before and do plan to do the rest of the car but only once I'm better at polishing etc.
There are wheel specific coatings, e.g. Gtechniq Wheel Armor and Gyeon Rim.

I'm using Gyeon Wet Coat on my wheels. Just spray it on and rinse it off. I'm sure an actual coating would work better, but for the amount of time and money invested I'm very pleased with it.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

TheFonz posted:

Anyone have any cleaning regimens to follow beyond frequent touchless washes to maintain a ceramic coating?
I've been using Gyeon Cure as a maintenance spray every few months. Other than that, I posted about a drying aid a couple pages ago.

TheGoatTrick posted:

I have been using CarPro ECH2O. It's like Optimum No Rinse; you can use it as a rinseless wash, waterless wash, or quick detailer. It has silica, so it works really nicely with the ceramic coating, and it seems to be slightly thicker than ONR. I'm also using it as part of the mixture in the drying aid, which provides an incredible amount of gloss and can make a dusty car appear reasonably clean. If you have a ceramic coating, I highly recommend mixing this up:

- 1 part CarPro ECH2O
- 1 part Gyeon Cure (or CarPro Reload, or any silica spray sealant
- 8 parts distilled water

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

honda whisperer posted:

Birds have decided to poo poo all over my car. Running it through a touchless car wash didn't get it all off.

Best way to deal with that without hurting the paint? IDC what it looks like mid winter but iirc leaving it on hurts the paint too.
Put a microfiber towel over the spot, pour hot water on it, let sit for a few minutes. This will soften it and it should easily wipe away.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Arson Daily posted:

Time for some new towels as mine are getting pretty tired. Any suggestions? I don’t need anything pricey since both my vehicles are 150k+ mile DD’s but the ability to choose colors would be a plus.
https://www.theragcompany.com/eagle-edgeless-500-ultra-plush-microfiber-towel/

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

I bought a brand new car that had been sitting on the dealer lot for a year. Coated it this weekend and used an iron remover during prep. Had to do three passes with the iron remover, but it saved a ton of time and effort when I clayed it later.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

MetaJew posted:

What iron remover did you use? I bought a bottle of the Meguiar's Mirror Bright wheel cleaner from a local Pepboys for, I want to say $6, that had a iron removing formula. I think the price was pretty good in comparison to other wheel cleaners I've used, but I only got 3-4 car washes out of it and I can't find it stocked locally anymore.

I had read about using it to clean paint, but there wasn't enough volume to try it on that.
I used Gyeon Q2M Iron. I got a 500mL bottle on sale for $16. I used less than half of it for the three passes I did on this gigantic Honda Accord.

Car turned out pretty nice. After the iron remover, I used Griot's BOSS Correcting Cream and an orange pad for correction. The car was then coated with my favorite ceramic combo- one coat of Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light and two coats of Gtechniq Exo. This is supposed to be my daily driver that I don't have to put too much effort into. Oops.

TheGoatTrick fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Dec 16, 2019

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Evil SpongeBob posted:

I'm happy with detailing.com. Not a lot of reviews on their products, but stuff is always in stock.
I'll second this. They carry a good range of decent brands and people in the physical store are super helpful. Sales are a 10-15% discount around major holidays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

MomJeans420 posted:

With the disclaimer that I haven't used it yet, I bought this ceramic coating and it must have been because this thread recommended it. The only problem I had is I bought it, waited almost a year to use it, and it had turned into an unusable jelly.
I remember hearing that someone else had this problem, and McKee's sent them a replacement.