Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Can I get an invite to goon guild on red? In as Mooselander. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

HEY VAPER posted:

Ok I'm still not finding groups. If anyone has a low 20's character and you want to exp let me know and I'll get on.

Check after 7 PM eastern. MM was consistently packed after that time last week.

Yevea, my wizard Coolbert just hit 46. Can I get an EL invite? Thanks.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

onesixtwo posted:

Oggok Guards 43-49
Spectres in Ferrott 45-52

Word.

So have you guys figured out where you want to move to guild-wise? I miss our big happy goon groups.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Pwnz0r posted:

Yeah agatha should be on most of the day, I might take a nap in a few. We only have one officer tagged for invites(druid to port wherever for invite) so soon as vapo gets on that can be done. As far as GW currently goes, we are indeed focusing on finishing up the new recruits getting 60 and getting their epics finished while we MQ the hard parts. Basically 60 -> vp key -> raids in between. Some of the new recruits still need planar gear, hate mostly(cleric/rogue/war certain pieces etc). We want to focus on building with what we have, people getting used to playing with each other in groups and learning to pvp as a group/raid.

As far as monk weapons go for starting off, I have used an RFS for each new monk leveled up. They are beyond sweet 19/20 with dragon haste, and work amazingly well up til about 45-50 especially for pvp. I kept mine from when I first started on the server(traded a bracer of the hidden I got when I was a poor noob for it) and have never thought of selling it since, only goes up in price too i would think. But I guess its not in everyones reach, Blue might have way more of them though I don't know. From personal experience I always found pre epic that dw 1hb like wu stick/ada club or ada club/sos worked very well for dps and if you wanted to go 2h dps a peacebringer or wu's quivering worked good if you don't have a tstaff. IFS is horrible for dps, just good for crunching in PVP.

I've also decided to make the plunge. I'll send you a message later today in game.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

HEY VAPER posted:

What's up everyone? I've been busy with real life for a bit, just wondering who's still playing on red and what guilds you're all in right now.

I think I might be the only one left. I've been messing around, trying to raise money to twink a shaman.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Nice, anyone else want in on this levelling crew?

I can subsidize a decent weapon for melee or spell money for casters...going to log on in about an hour.

I aim to make a shaman, "Smallyou" that I need to twink out a little more.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

HEY VAPER posted:

we're taking a day or so and farming haste belts for the level 1's in tt, feel free to run over or bring a main.

Hey, I tried logging back in and it says I have a temporary IP block.

Edit: NVM

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

ChadBroChill17 posted:

I started a new char on Red about 3 weeks ago after being tired of the perpetual LFGing in KC.

In-game name is Ainwein. 39 druid right now so I can help with ports or some buffs if ever needed. For anyone on the fence, the XP bonus on Red is so fun and with the global /ooc it doesn't feel any more empty than Blue did.

The PvP is hilariously stupid because:

1. EQ isn't tuned for PvP so it's completely broken
2. 99% of the PvP encounters you'll have are with Fungi/CoF twinks, deleveled 60s, or just random assholes who will wait until you're engaged with multiple mobs to kill you. I've had one 'legitimate' non-twink PvP situation by 39.
3. If you somehow manage to group together and beat back a twink PK, they will just plug. This means that they quit out when they start zoning so they never pop out on the otherside and you can't kill them.

Despite all of the reasons that EQ pvp is hilarious stupid/broken, you still have morons making GBS threads up /ooc constantly bragging about killing lowbies/afk people/whatever. It really is a strange place.

The scary and weird thing is that the people who get the jump on you like that act like there's nothing wrong with that style of play. These same people will act like it is your fault and that if you were better skilled, you wouldn't die.

When these dudes brag about how amazing they are at EQ PvP, I usually respond by saying I'm about as impressed with their skill at such a broken system as i would be if someone bragged about their skill in Superman 64.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

HEY VAPER posted:

Leveling group people: What level are you all at? Anime's still at 7, but I'm back from my hike. Once I know about where you guys are I'll pop on and poopsock to catch up :)

Got my shaman to almost 9, still trying to buy some decent items and finish up a few other things to prepare.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

HEY VAPER posted:

Perfect. Ever find a weapon for Rizen's ranger? I don't mind paying for it if 500p or less, just try to find him something so we can smash out exp faster :)

Likewise, if any new red players are in this batch of levelers, I will also help with spell plat :)
When we get a chance, we should xfer all the plat we've raised over to videogames, mine's all spread out between anime robo and videogames right now. Also don't forget that I have 2x chipped bone bracelets and 1x forest loop for your shaman. If you ended up filling the spots with better, no biggie, my druid is in rags.

Are you online at the moment?

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

HEY VAPER posted:

I'm up for an alts group later when people get on. I'm parked in HHK at 20 and I had a group of people saying they'll come back tonight.

Hey MooselanderII I know you're not getting on today, but if you have 5 minutes or whatever it would be nice to get robo's gear back so I can play him.. Otherwise I might just pass you up on anime ;)

Sorry, I am out of town until tomorrow afternoon, but I'll give you it to you then. I just hope you guys didn't level to 35.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

HEY VAPER posted:

Agatha how much would you sell me a rogue epic for? I just traded my sk's gear for plat and jboots for my rogue, and I'm between that or resurrecting hardon.

Keep in mind you also would be getting unlimited free bard/cleric/druid favors=)

I'm on now if you wanna do it.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

HEY VAPER posted:

Hey HHK Guard Brosec's, let's plan to get on and kill stuff around 4 or 5pst tonight?

Yessir!

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Let's do the library again, with some cc we (hopefully) won't have any problems and we'll get amazing exp.

Hardon, get yer druid and rogue to Kaesora. I'll retrieve any remaining bodies when I get home.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Lol that's hilarious, sorry I missed it.

Hey Slamwhale, you logging on tonight? We're trying to get a group together.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

HEY VAPER posted:

It was scheduled, I just don't really keep track of these things as well as I should. If everyone gets way ahead, it's not like I can't just play with you guys on my bard when you hit low to mid 40s and it would probably be more useful to the group 50+

Yo, you guys wanna exp tonight?

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Any dudes on red wanna exp tonight?

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Rizen, I'm standing over your ranger's body and it has 1 day left until it rots. Want to dump your gear onto me at least?

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

HEY VAPER posted:

rizen/coolbutt, are you guys going to be on today? I'm still OOC muted so I can't really do much unless someone gets on!

I'm always on.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

HEY VAPER posted:

mooselander if you're not going to log on anymore can I get my (onesixtwo's) iks chest back until you start logging in again? thanks.

I've been logging in fairly frequently to solo the top of com.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

onesixtwo posted:

re:holocaust disbanding / renaming, that's hilarious. The whole argument that they presented as Holocaust is a reference to the word, not THE Holocaust and the name tickled the GM for being witty. They also attracted some very openly racist bigots, which apparently came as a surprise to a lot of people. Red p99 players themselves are generally not the best of people. I did a lot of groups with ex-holo, holo, the other team, etc and it pretty much was standard fare to call people racial slurs constantly. The mentality of the r99 vets is really disheartening, and what eventually lead me to leave.

I do still miss <SLAMDUNKATRON> though, our wonderful 1:31 ratio.

I joined Holocaust but haven't been on in a while. Playing with Holo really wasn't that bad and they were generally pretty helpful.

I just logged in and the name is now <Empire>. EQ pvp really isn't much fun and the whole red culture around it is pretty awful.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I got banned from /ooc for telling a joke last night, wtf it's this poo poo?

I logged on for the sole intent of seeing the new /ooc thing and was banned from /ooc after just a few messages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Siets posted:

"having the perspective of a decent human being."

This literally is incompatible with red. An afk kill is harmless, but wait till you get ganked while fighting mobs and lose exp. Or you get ledge nuked.

Red has no humanity.

• Locked thread