Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Schir posted:

Yeah, the villains really need to rethink the size of the openings in the bars.

The only thing stopping anybody from getting out is the honor system.

The big secret about Cabbage is that he acts like an ineffectual, lazy has been so the villains leave Cuco and Almond tons of loopholes to exploit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

A Lot of Questions posted:

Honestly with the reveal that the Knight's in a cycle, I'm starting to think Cucumber might legitimately be the hero.I mean Almond is more adventurous, yes, but generations of adventurers haven't solved the problem,and Almond probably doesn't even want to. Cucumber, on the other, is sensible and might actually stop the Nightmare Knight, like when he wanted to get rid of the stones back at the castle. So maybe less about subverting gender expectations, more playing with what traits are actually heroic.

It's why I think Cucumber is the hero. Especially after the cycle reveal. Almond is the type you want there when a fire starts, because she'll put it out.

Cucumber is the guy that would suggest that you maybe don't keep your gunpowder next to the fireplace.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Safari Disco Lion posted:

New page early!

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-237/

Solution: order a bunch of pizzas, save them for later. AMAZING.

I wonder of the pizzas just appear, or if a delivery guy just appears and expects to actually be paid. This is important to my plan.

Cabbage delivers them, leading Cordelia and the Nightmare Knight right to any possible resistance.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
I hope Crabbro gets a character card with a Bro stat that rivals Cabbage's Jerkface.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Dropping :10bux: as soon as Almond gets bro'd.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
I wouldn't be surprised if Digi didn't just let that drain spell sit for at least a month. 80% of the audience will forget about it and then Cucumber will suck the lava out of a volcano or something.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
And now we learn why you really, really don't gently caress with Cuco's little sis.

Because he'll summon a drain

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
This clip was all I could think of when I saw the last panel.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
More like Order Pizza. Splashmaster attacks delivery guy and knocks the bar over.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

the2ndgenesis posted:

Might as well get it out of the way:

Claiming this if you don't mind.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

I was thinking more along the lines of a super tense limbo fight set to this.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
I'm guessing this is it. Splashmaster gets the limbo bar down to 1 inch. Then Cucumber summons a drainhole so Nautilus can clear the bar when it's level to the ground.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Wasn't that a wooden practice sword or am I just remembering things?

Yes. She got a real sword in Saturday's treasure hoard at the same time Cucumber found a working wand.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
I'm with the camp that they'll pull off actually defeating the Nightmare Knight. Because Almond won't see the point of the Disaster Stones if she can just slice Splashmaster into calamari.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Phy posted:

Nautilus suffers a tragic accident and Crabbro becomes part of the party for the rest of the comic

Nautilus is gravely injured and uses her Summon Pizza spell. Crabbro delivers it and replaces her on the team.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

WFGuy posted:

A Cucumber Quest bat would totally be a fruit bat, but she could be drinking cranberry juice so I support this theory.

But then what happened to Cranberry? :ohdear:

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

fritz posted:

Why did they need Cabbage in the first place?

The Hero's father or girlfriend needs to be imprisoned. And since Cuco doesn't have a girlfriend they just took Cabbage.

And by took I mean Cabbage invoked that hero business when Cordelia took over and he just kind of moved into the dungeon.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Can we talk about Bacon and his :swoon: face in panel 2?

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
If that happens I'm convinced that the Nightmare Knight is actually a cool guy and the Dream Oracle has just duped 99 idiots into murdering her ex-boyfriend.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Oneiros posted:

We don't have a bard yet. Every party needs a bard!

Bards usually serve as a party face. I suggest Crabbro.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
I was really hoping Nautilus had accidentally cast the Summon Pizza spell.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Archenteron posted:

There is no :allears: big enough for Cabbage's new description.

Further evidence that Cabbage has complete run of the castle.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
The Tenta-clue face would be a great avatar.

Calling it now, Puffington is a jerk, if he's not literally Cabbage in a false beard.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Cat Mattress posted:

And also Bacon.

We don't talk about Bacon.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Really tempted to eat green beans and ramen for a week so Crabbro will call me a cool bro.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Dr Pepper posted:

Of course this concert is more important then saving the world. :allears:

Piano probably gets bothered for autographs constantly. And given how bad the Dream Oracle is at spreading the word Cymbal probably thinks this sounds like a bad scam.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Onean posted:

She's a Heroine, of course this dress has hyperspace pockets. All of her dresses have hyperspace pockets, or at least a matching hyperspace handbag if pockets aren't an option.

Almond wouldn't carry a purse. Then she might run into a situation where she'd have to put down her sword.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Gigi's :swoon: faces are the best :swoon: faces.

I wish I had my main pc with me to replace my current Nautilus av with that panel 1.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Dragonatrix posted:

It's about to start! :swoon:

Snagging if you're okay with it.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Those sweet Disaster Stone pins are finally up for sale online! Give Gigi all of your money: http://gigidigi.bigcartel.com/product/disaster-stone-pins

Is it wrong that my first instinct is to buy a set and then ineffectually hide them around the house?

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Tardigrade posted:

There's only one way to get there: tear down the wall!

Luckily Cosmo built a super drilling car.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
If they split up in every chapter I hope we get one where Cuco is imprisoned and Almond goes through a big puzzle dungeon by punching riddles in their stupid, enigmatic faces.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

FedoraDefender420 posted:

Wait why is Cabbage in prison?

I honestly think he found some rule stating that if he's held as a political prisoner he gets a pay hike while not having to actually do any work. The rule failed to account for things like being in your own kingdom's prison or an official making out a warrant for his own arrest.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

TwoPair posted:

Quick, Cucumber! Order a pizza!

At this point Cucumber and Double Night organizing a truce over deep dish and mutual apathy could be a funny ending that I would be satisfied with.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Dr. Fetus posted:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-378/

Please get medical attention for this poor door.

I'm sure the Dream Oracle has a plan for whe-

Gigi Digi posted:

Dude, if you think anything is going to come between the Oracle and her Real Housewives of Caketown marathon today,

Oh :negative:

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Almond in the last panel is amazing. Has she run into Double Night before? Alternatively she's online "friends" with Peridot and knows that the Dub-Nights isn't really that evil.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Cat Mattress posted:

Nautilus is one to talk, what with her patented "uh, I forgot" storytelling technique.

She forgets because nobody bothers to tell her the whole story. Kind of like how you forget the plots to really mediocre films.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Dr Pepper posted:

I think Almond's failing to realize she's dealing with a vampire here.

She's sworded a Disaster Master to death* and mouthed off to Double Night himself. Even if she knew something like that I doubt she'd care.

*Her brother helped, kinda.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Prison Warden posted:

Yeah I'm in the same boat as Zack. Cucumber is so obviously not a D&D type or he'd be exploiting the poo poo out of that at every turn.

I'm still waiting for Nautilus to scald a Disaster Master with a summoned pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Waffleman_ posted:

Is that Nautilus that's Nautilus. This is going to be shoujo anime as gently caress.

Shoujo vampire play gets unexpectedly defeated by a Limbo Zone finale.