Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I love this comic. I've read Gigi's stuff since back when she was making Ace Attorney comics, and I was really pleased to see her start her own original comic last year.

One of my favorite little things about the CQ is the character page Zorak mentioned. It's a clever and funny way to present the characters.

We don't talk about Bacon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I put up $35 an hour ago when it was still in the low hundreds.

Now there's already 6,000 dollars. That's pretty impressive. She's gonna exceed her goal in a few hours.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's okay, Splashmaster. I'm sure that was an easy mistake to make.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think Bubblebeard already threw her.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That sun seems fairly concerned about these shenanigans.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Alright forget these kids, we've just found our protagonist.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In today's update, Cucumber gets a look into what families without jerkfaces are like.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

... It's page 230. http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-230/

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I like the extra information about the different lands of Dreamside and how you can tell who comes from where by the shape of their ears. It really makes me excited to see where this comic is gonna take us since there are some very interesting locales to be explored.

Such as the moon kingdom - where Cosmo comes from.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CABBAGE IS BACK!?

Oh, no okay.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well...... (spoilers from the CQ book) One of the 7 kingdoms is on the moon... and Cordelia comes from another world!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I know this is hardly a unique situation with this comic, but wow that's a pretty page.

Oh man I just noticed Crabbro. :3:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Liquus is looking surprised because Splashmaster is looming right behind them.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-251/

IT IS TIME

Man this comic makes me want to play Paper Mario and jump on some giant squids.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It says "SMASHD BUNY HOWS" and has a bunch of tally marks:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-162/

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Unless Cucumber is going to have an entire gang of princesses following him around, I don't think that's very likely.

(Obviously now that I've said it this is exactly what's going to happen. Princesses everywhere.)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's not a scene change - it's just a preview page for the extra story in the CQ book.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They look great, and the bonus story and background information (which also includes clues as to where the CQ story is going down the line) makes it totally worth it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Good, Almond will finally learn that she's not actually able to take on everything with just spunk and a sword.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Superstring posted:

You... you take that back!

I will not. :colbert: Almond and Cucumber both have things to learn on this journey, whether they realize it yet or not.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

She truly is the master of facial expressions.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well, I was not expecting him to literally be sliced to pieces.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ConanThe3rd posted:

She's in on it, I'm putting my hat down on it.

She's certainly a part of the "accepted" program, with her role in sending the Hero on a quest every time. You'd think if she really cared about stopping Nightmare Knight, after thousands of years she'd have figured out a way to do it for good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Alright now's the part where we control Princess Peach Parfait and spy on the villains a lil' bit.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I wonder what Peridot was doing that was important to her. From the specific time during the week, my guess is that she's taking a page out of Almond's book and studying up on some Punisher Pumice (or other educational TV show).

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You can tell which kingdom a character is from by their ears. So far only the Melody and Sky kingdoms have had zero representatives.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

7c Nickel posted:

Actually I think we've seen all the ear types if you follow her Tumblr.

Doughnut Kingdom : Normal Ears (3/4 of the main characters)
Ripple Kingdom : Curved Ears (Nautilus)
Crystal Kingdom : Angular Ears (Peridot)
Space Kingdom : Space symbols on the inner surface (Cosmo the inventor)
Flower Kingdom : Tufted Ears (Saturday and Brambleby)
Melody Kingdom : Folded Ears (This dude)
Sky Kingdom : Curled Ears (Princess Sunshine)

Her tumblr and the extras in the book are the reason we even know about the ear types in the first place. In comic we haven't seen the last two.

Also there's additionally "Weird Cat Ears" like Cordelia which signify coming from another dimension or something. :iiam:

Oh, and Bacon is a weirdo but he's still got rabbit ears - http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-22/

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jan 3, 2013

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

No, that's the king who was turned to stone by Peridot when she and Cordelia took the castle.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They're exactly the size of a normal postcard.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kitten Head Ridge posted:

Cool. I just wanted to know considering that I come across 5"x7" postcards a lot, perhaps even more often than 4"x6" ones, thus my confusion.

You made me paranoid enough to pull out a ruler and check. I can confirm that they're 4"x6".

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Luminous Obscurity posted:

So have we actually seen the Nightmare Knight do anything evil? What are the odds that he just wanted to bring stable leadership and houses made from actual construction materials to Dreamside and they just blew it out of proportion like they do with everything else?

How about his servant's kidnapping of the princess* and destruction of ships? He's definitely unleashed the Disaster Masters to do some bad things.

*The queen.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I see the dating system in Dreamside takes a cue from Geno's real name.

It's also taking a cue from the dating system in the first Paper Mario game.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cosmo is amazing. I wasn't sold on him at his first appearance but now I look forward to him showing up many more times.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

All extra things that disappear from the website like the banners and April Fools jokes get archived here: http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/other-stuff/

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Why thank you Cucumber Quest, today is my birthday :toot:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wind God Sety posted:

Obviously everyone needs to double their payment right now so that we get there :colbert:.

I'll do it if/when we start getting closer. I really want almost a year of double updates....

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Not via Kickstarter, no. Sometimes people will have a paypal donation thing set up alongside Kickstarter that counts towards the goal, but I don't think Gigi has done that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah that's definitely a glare. The first time Noisemaster has appeared anything but jovial.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tardigrade posted:

When will we get to see Noisemaster's character profile, come to think of it?

She usually tends to update them several characters at a time. (I think we got Nautilus and Splashmaster at the same time for example.) So maybe once we properly meet Princess Piano?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

So Noisemaster has another side to him... but it's one he keeps hidden even from his boss.