Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I love the little watery speech bubbles that Splashmaster gets. It's really the little touches that make this comic. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

Kimitsu posted:

But the bookplates are limited only to the softcover versions - she did say "limited to 300" and there are 150 each of the $40 and $50 rewards (difference being $10 more for the print set).

I only just noticed the header had changed to Bagel. I don't remember if it ever had Cabbage on it, but you know he would just be the smuggest of the :smug:.

Why yes it did

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

That's the best advice a webcomic has ever given me :allears:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

IronSaber posted:

It's like every previous hero had all the common sense of a frozen bagel. :v:

Cucumber wouldn't like you talking about his mother that way :mad:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

"I wish my dad wasn't such a jerk."

No fathomable power can overcome that many little stars worth of "Jerkface" :colbert:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Pastrymancy posted:

No fathomable power can overcome that many little stars worth of "Jerkface" :colbert:

Gigi posted:

He would wish for his father to be less of a jerkface, but the number of shooting stars required would at least need to cancel out Cabbage’s jerkface stat.

Called it :smug:

Also, the mystical McGuffin Sword makes its first appearance today!

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Urdnot Fire posted:

Is a fake, perma-sheathed sword going to be Almond's new weapon? Seems pretty fitting, really.
I fixed that for you. :colbert:
She uses rapiers right now but it's been kind of consistent that Almond is a better hero than her bro.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Have we ever seen Liquus fight before? I swear he's an electric eel or something.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Pretty sure it was used when she was first introduced; also hi Cucumber Quest thread! Been following it sense day 1 so glad to see that I'm not one of the only ones who has a interest in this gorgeous comic.

The colors are just so good, it's mind blowing to me that the updates are this frequent with art THIS good. My only worry is it developing a crazy fanbase at some point like a certain other comic I used to follow :v:

Edit: Whoop was wrong; here it is http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-158/

Haha, I knew I wasn't imagining things!

I guess Liquus is going to go all Pikachu next panel. That or Saturday pulls a "don't move or the Eel gets it!" :mad:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

So Saturday just got hit while carrying both Nautilus and Cucumber's weapons. How are they going to fight the aliens now? :ohdear:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I kinda of wanted to see Saturday smooshed onto the space ship and then being dragged away with it as it took off, yelling the whole way.
She did want to go home. Perhaps her wish was granted after all :shobon:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Bloop :3:

What an adorable spell!

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

I sense a Limbo-off on the horizon :3:

VVV He's a squid and therefore has no skeleton.

Pastrymancy fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 4, 2012

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

From Gigi's tumblr:

I'm excited already :allears:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

I never knew the king was an Instagram foodie :v:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Gigi linked some Costume photos on her tumblr. This set is wonderful. :allears:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Chapter 2 has started!
I just realized why Melody Kingdom bunnies have bent ears!

They look a bit like eighth notes :3:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Oh my god I love the Lisa Frank colors in these panels :swoon:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

I love these designs. Especially the fish pockets on Nautilus' dress and the chocolate strawberry hat :3:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Someone needed to get :nyd: on that guy

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Gigi posted:

G☆I☆G☆I ‏@gigideegee 2h
hi im going to update on wednesday because this two pages a week thing is slowly killing me. sorry. sorry. sorry. sorry. sorry

G☆I☆G☆I ‏@gigideegee 2h
IM JUST GONNA EAT THROUGH MY BUFFER AGAIN AND LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE!! SORRY!! SORRY!! SORRY!! SORRY!!!

G☆I☆G☆I ‏@gigideegee 2h
LOOK I KNOW CUCUMBER QUEST STARTED AT TWO PAGES A WEEK BUT I'VE HAD A TASTE OF TRUE POWER AND I CAN'T GO BACK

Good news, folks! :toot:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Excited for French adventures :toot:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

It's kinda :unsmith: to see a villain be evil, but not mistreat her minions that mess up.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Even the largest nerd is able to be crushed.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

I really like Rosemaster's speech bubbles and fancy font :wotwot:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Is the flower that Nautilus is watching the one that Rosemaster was showing the Nightmare Knight at the beginning of the chapter?

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Cabbage owns forever.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

WarpedNaba posted:

He's made out of semi-precious gemstone. 'course he's gonna look happy!

He's gonna be really disappointed at neither of his kids pawning him off as home decor for that 20 minutes :colbert:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

You do the crime, you do the time

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Hmm I'm still not getting the setup for Azalea being the princess :confused:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

:sparkles:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

I forgot, what's up with liquus?

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

I hope so. It's cute when gigi draws peridot and catmom hanging out and doing nails and stuff

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

I guess the Bronies finally migrated somewhere else

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Aah he has a winking bunny on his apron :3:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

I'm not sure Cosmo would refer to Carrot as a 'kid'

I'm putting my money on Cabbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Piano as in the symbol to play something quietly?