Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

QueerPope posted:

God, every single piece of anything in Cucumber Quest looks deserving of being hung in the museum of fine art. Even those avatars separated from their pages look like masterpieces. How does Gigi get this all done so easily when it's all so astounding.

Yeah, if you've ever seen any of her art streams, she really draws relatively quickly! It is pretty amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Armadillos! posted:

A bonus mini-book, CUKE OR DIE III: KNOCTURNAL KNIGHTMARES

Cuke or Die III is actually just Cucumber and friends acting out a bad homemade action movie a la Dangeresque.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

We can't see Almond's face, but she's probably giddy at the notion of someone calling her heroic.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Tollymain posted:

That sounds awesome. I kind of wonder how she plans on sustaining that sort of output though :ohdear:

She already keeps around a ~17 page buffer, I think? So I think she can do it! She is good at this stuff.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I love the question marks on his tallies, like he forgot how to count past 5 or maybe there were some cases where he just wasn't 100% sure he REALLY smashed those bunny boats

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Suaimhneas posted:

That sure is a convenient weapon to bring to that particular place.

...oh, hell, how did I not think of the obvious joke that will happen.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

(http://gigidigi.tumblr.com/post/10344466698/)

She's with the rest of the gang here, just using her never-before-seen-but-totally-canon shadow powers. I think she will stick around!

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

The ultimate plot twist is that Cabbage never really worked for the Caketown Royal Family in the first place, he's just sorta nuts

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I'm pretty glad that Basically Dirk Redcrest From Chibi-Robo is a character in this comic

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Why would you go to Puffington's when you could just sit in front of this thing and churn out free magic powers effortlessly? You're wastin' your cash Cucumb

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

Comically oversized bathtub drain on the bottom of the cage; the prisoners can escape through the shipwreck on which they're placed. If Splashmaster's still sleeping, that's a sneaky way to rescue everybody.

Perfect! A sneaky way for Cucumber to save his loud, stab-happy, hellbent-on-octorevenge sist--oh.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Armadillos! posted:

edit: but I don't recall the envelope having any prints and I'm sure I was supposed to get some.. uh-oh.

Drop her an email, I'm sure she'll sort things out if you didn't get your prints! Unless "empty envelope with a cute star pattern on it" was a reward tier I missed.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

That bathtub drain could NEVER be useful. They'll get the brilliant idea to use it and find out that it is too big to fit anywhere.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Alacron posted:

So I actually managed to miss the kickstarter, is she still going to sell books online or am I just SOL?

Once all the Kickstarter books go out they'll be available for purchase.

Also yeah, the books are rad. I'm so happy about Brisket Sweats.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

It's worth noting that the 43rd annual Limbo-thon was held just a few hours before.

I felt so proud for catching that yesterday.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Peridot is from the Crystal Kingdom, which is where Punisher Pumice lives, so there's that. (I doubt I needed to point that out to anyone, what with their names)

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Maybe his plan is to get on Parfait's good side so she won't sign the Dream Sword :cool:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I dunno, I've always gotten the vibe that it was going to just be Cucumber, Almond, Carrot and Nautilus, but it's way too soon to pick up on any patterns.

Nautilus is my fav, though, so I'm glad she's sticking around for sure.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Azran posted:

Peridot is totally joining them. :v:

But...she likes Cordelia so much

You don't turn your back on a sista like that.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I'm getting total Fawful vibes from Cosmo now. Especially that little platform.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

There's no way Cosmo won't show up every chapter with some sort of stupid new form of transportation to ruin, but then in the last chapter come in out of nowhere with a giant ridiculous mech that finally actually works this time and saves everybody.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-330/ Next episode: Island Kingdom of Giant Pokemon Bunnies

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Nonbaka posted:

Hell yes! The book 1 KS was the only project I've ever backed and I'm happy to do it again. And it's even more awesome that she met her original goal within a day this time.

She met it within a day last time, too!

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

please be crabbro please be crabbro please be crabbro please be crabbro

Just kidding, it's going to be Cosmo.

Neither of those rhyme with "ooh-wee"!!! :v:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I won't be satisfied if the concert is anything but the awkward Lamiroir concert cutscene from Apollo Justice translated into comic form

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

If you don't feel like setting up with Amazon, you can always just get the books directly from her shop when they print in November or so using Paypal, if it goes like last time.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

loquacius posted:

Usually doesn't the SPOOKY PART show up around chapter 4 or 5? We're a little ahead of schedule. We haven't even seen the Desert Kingdom yet; that's usually world 2 or 3.

Saturday's tower was in a dessert!

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Legato is going to turn out to be a gross anime nerd and he's trying to make Nautilus his waifu. Is that what this is.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Third Murderer posted:

:sparkles: If he's not really Legato, then I wonder if he's actually ugly or plain looking under the illusion/transformation/whatever.

They remove the illusion and the imposter looks exactly like Legato except he has a tiny pimple he's really ashamed of.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

The world isn't ready to see Cosmo without glasses.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Are those magic contact lenses?

I think it's just one lense. It fell out of his right eye, which was the one that kept doing the dramatic anime fire, too.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

And Gigi mentioned on twitter about wanting to get to "that scene" so is it coming sooner rather than later?

Don't read into her being excited for a scene as anything but her being perpetually excited by what she does.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

This thread's theories are pretty weird. Cucumber's not going to turn into a brooding angst nerd and nobody needs to own Almond because she already does a pretty good job of owning herself. A pretty big theme of the comic so far is optimism in the face of defeat, and I don't think it's going to stray from that. :shobon:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Third Murderer posted:

There is no such thing as a personal tweet; everything on Twitter is presented to the whole entire population of the world simultaneously.

yeah, it's presented to everyone publicly...on Twitter, not here

It's one thing when they're tweets related to the comic but if you want to see her tweets so bad, go follow her there or something. There's a pretty rich layer of irony in posting a screencap from her Twitter and saying "man, these people can be such creeps sometimes!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Magypsy posted:

I just remembered that Caboodle hasn't met Peridot before, and the only time Nautilus met her was when she didn't have her glasses on, so maybe they won't even know she's the enemy. This should be interesting!

They probably don't know her at all now that Rosemaster's thrown her in the slammer, much like how the main cast has completely forgotten Nautilus.