Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TwoPair posted:

I'm wondering how many of these were on Gigi's drawing/writing board before she realized "What have I done" and started over.

She probably made it to 'Landmaster!' before realizing she was wildly off track now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Elysiume posted:

I'm pretty sure gigidigi explicitly said that Peridot has a crush on Almond like 6+ months ago. Just in case it wasn't already obvious enough

e:
She added it to her FAQ because apparently people were not grasping it.

Luminous Obscurity posted:

I'm not sure what's funnier, the people who don't get Peridot is crushing on Almond or the people who were like "Oh no, Piano's just blushing 'cause she's embarrassed to be sending a letter."

I'm one of the incredibly dense people who wouldn't have realized that Peridot has a crush on Almond if it wasn't literally spelled out by other people in this thread [I also didn't notice that Peridot was disguising herself as Marigold either until that was outright said here too. :downs:] but even I got what they were going for with Piano sending a letter to Princess Ametrine.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stormgale posted:

I think the entire comic can be evidence he has not.

I think his Charisma is just fine. The problem is that Confidence was his dump stat.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

Also ahahahaha, tumblr proved itself to be a festering turdhole. Who woulda knew?

Huh?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Almond why must you constantly poke the bear

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Paul.Power posted:

Well yeah, I don't think she's under any illusion that he's brave.

But she presumably likes something about him.

Do we know him to be good at anything? Because apparently he's not a fighter and if you're not a fighter then what else are you good for?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Magypsy posted:

This is the least likeliest thing I was expecting to happen.

I can't wait for the Bugs Bunny edit.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Third Murderer posted:

Select one (1):

A. Almond holds onto the crocus instead of giving it to Cucumber even though she doesn't use magic and its effect is wasted on her
B. Almond gives the crocus to Peridot as a sign of ~friendship~ and/or because she likes a challenge
C. Almond gives the crocus directly to the Disaster Masters because she likes a challenge

i. The Guardener takes off his detailed bunny face mask to reveal that it was Vince McMahon the whole time!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

You all bought it! Even my Twitter followers bought it! Hook, line, and sinker!

The i actually stands for imaginary number. :ssh:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CuddlyZombie posted:

I'll fess up, I have no clue what's going on. :v:

All I've managed to piece together is that Nautilus, Caboodle, and Peridot don't have flowers and no one can remember who they are. I guess it sorta works on Paper Mario TTYD logic only their name also has to be named after a flower?

Peridot petrified the roots of Rosemaster's plant so that shattered the entire thing but otherwise I'm totally lost.

So, uh, don't worry you're not the only one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

thechosenone posted:

Looking at her ask.fm page, gigi said she doesn't like SA. I'm going to be honest, I don't even blame her in the slightest, but I don't exactly remember why she doesn't like us.

It's the :airquote:ironic racism in some parts

We have an anime subforum

I blame the Xbone

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fish Noise posted:

There's more like this?!

Mostly gifs in other threads.

Cryophage posted:

Alternatively:

Boss Leader was right all along!

There was one page edit for Paranatural too but I dunno if everyone reads that webcomic too so I'd rather not link that one. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

And I thought there wasn't going to be any romance or seriously lovey-dovey stuff in this series.

Peridot and Almond's relationship is beautiful and must be preserved. :colbert:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

fritz posted:

I don't see how people can hate any of these characters.

wario is not endearing to me so taking Goku's parenting skills and merging them with wario is even less appealing to me

and that's why i don't like cabbage.

I don't like Sir Tomato either.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

Is this a flashback or somthing?

Rosemaster is transforming to her next form and this little aside is happening somewhere. In her mind, in the crocus, I don't know but her and Glitchmaster are having a conversation while she transforms.

Anyway, are we still going to keep doing this song and dance of no one linking the newest page when it comes up?

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-650/

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stormgale posted:

I don't know, the conversation about how she looks kinda leads into what she looks like now?

From earlier on, it looks like it's in the future because she remarks on how Glitchmaster would've just killed him.

I'm hinging that on 'him' being Carrot and not NK though.

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-646/

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

god just die already Rosemaster is just turning into the worst character because this obituary is dragging on like the ladder in MGS3 at a third the speed

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

I dunno if it's because of the update schedule, or if the pacing is genuinely off. I mean, reading it all at once would be a different experience than waiting for updates. That is a problem with the whole updating format.

No one likes waiting for things, that has not changed from being seven. Having to wait a week for another anything agitates people, whether it's another page of a webcomic, a new episode of hit TV Drama Breaking Bad, or just for your dinner to be made even though you've been sitting here for an hour and there are new people coming in and leaving and godammit what is taking so long!?.

Bad things happen when you require people to be patient.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait for Cucumber Quest Kai to come out and take out all this pointless filler.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

"For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is Rosemaster? This is Rosemaster speaking. I am the woman who loves her life. I am the woman who does not sacrifice her love or her values. I am the woman who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing-you who dread knowledge -I am the woman who will now tell you.”

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blackheart posted:

At the very least the art will always be cute to look at so that's always a plus with Cucumber Quest.

'Thing at least looks good' is like, the mildest of the mild compliment that could possibly exist. And I say that for all media: comics, videogames, movies 'At least it looks decent' is the barest of compliments you could give something.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's over now.

I think the thread is going to be okay. :)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

IMJack posted:

Do you think Double Knight has a problem with sending his friends to get their asses kicked and then seeing their corpses worn as jewelry?

It's fine, once they reform they'll come back with a new outfit too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Someone should go back and read the third chapter from the beginning and see if it drags on as much as people felt now that it's all finished.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

rip periodot as a character and not a "im not gay!" joke ever again

again

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

dude if you don't agree that every time she's appeared since, I dunno, splashmaster, it's been overt "HAY SHE LIKES ALMOND IT'S WHAT DRIVES EVERYTHING SHE DOES" then I dunno man!!!

uh yeah

that seems to be arguing against your earlier post though

Gamerofthegame posted:

rip periodot as a character and not a "im not gay!" joke ever again

again

this is basically non-ambiguous 'peridot likes almond' stuff now. i don't know if people still don't realize it and think they're just friends or whatever

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

Why are people giving gigi poo poo about Steven Universe? Is she on the artboard or sommat?

They like a thing and that's not good enough. Everyone must also enjoy it too.

It's the current Dark Souls/Undertale as of right now. Something else will come up next and we'll do this same song and dance over that too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

NK is going to exit his void, put on an apron and start baking and stop- 'How did I become a Den Mother???'

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

life_source posted:

Can... can you be a dad to a mom?

How does that even work?

If the mom is irresponsible and out late without even calling the house, yes absolutely. :colbert:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

I don't get it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

This is hosed up

The fact that Rosemaster making him forget the princess caused him to also forget her alter ego even though he wasn't aware of that is the most insane foreshadowing

I can't deal with this

God, finally someone spells it out.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

Even if I'd been archive binging I'd have struggled to get this one I think, that scene was ages ago. At the time I thought Cucumber was dissembling because he felt a little guilty about basically stealing the wand (even though he stole it from a thief, because he's what, like nine??? And maybe not likely to automatically justify that as okay), and then he gets called away and that's it.

I didn't twig that he genuinely couldn't remember.

See, I thought it was just memory bullshit on all counts so beyond 'I'm Cucumber' he couldn't remember anything. I haven't been archive binging so stuff escapes my thoughts in general here.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

A bit much, he didn't even quote the guy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

graybook posted:

IT'S ME CUCO

IT'S ME CUCO

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, CUCO

YOU ALL FORGOT IT

YOU ALL FORGOT IT, HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER, YOU ALL FORGOT IT

EVEN MY FAMILY

EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY FORGOT IT

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Update! But the comic looks different for some reason

This is a very odd take on Harry Potter.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

What a bad conversation. This comic looks like it could be okay though.

I gave it a shot and it didn't really grab me personally.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

What kind of weirdo eats a whole tomato onion/lemon like an apple?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

Personally, I'm surprised how much of this thread loves Urusei Yatsura.

Then again, maybe I shouldn't be.

Are you sure that everyone her has a Lum avatar by choice? :smugdon:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dexterous Spider posted:

Unsure if I should be happy I found this, or sad that I will now eventually read them all (being hooked), and be a member of the "wait for the next webisode"-in limbo club.

You should've stopped ten pages in and put the thought of Cucumber Quest away in a time capsule for five years, you fool! Now you have to hope for an update like the rest of us! :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Considering that it was all put up at once so I didn't have to wait for some unknown date in the future to read the entire thing, I have no real complaints about it. It was cute, sweet and a bit sad at the end.

And also super gay, like, really gay, there's gay oozing out of my monitor it was so gay. It rules.