Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
So what does everyone think Cucumber will get from this. Probably AoE silence and what, maybe just a straight up damage spell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Pyroi posted:

Aw, they really miss Bacon. :3:

They need the little punching bag for their group, or else it doesn't work.

Without Bacon's comical ineptitude and bungling around for a distraction, Tomato's own incompetence is all the more glaring.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Mar 18, 2014

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
You guys didn't think he was going to 180 over one Parfait intermission did you?

Obviously, we'll need more Parfait intermissions. :)

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

I wonder what he means by that "I've learned nothing" line. Oh well, new focus now I think, with the new banner.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Pyroi posted:

He wants the heroes to succeed, but she doesn't want it to be too easy for them.

Ya, it might be that Glitchmaster wants the heroes to succeed in the traditional sense. So this would be a Disaster Master that is aware of the cycle and for some reason wants it to continue?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
And Update. I'd love Rosemaster to go on, but I think it's probably transition time.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Neo_Crimson posted:

Maybe Liquus knows Ice Beam?

Possibly, he already knows thundershock after all.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Suaimhneas posted:

This is what I was thinking. There's some whole mechanic with the disaster orbs that's never happened before because it requires magic to use and Cuco's the first hero to be a mage.

Maybe the whole NK thing is actually a curse, and Cuco would be the first mage hero that could actually attempt to break it.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Huh. I thought the disaster stones would have worked with any wand. I didn't consider that the wand Cucumber "Found" was actually custom made to use the Disaster Stones.

Should be interesting to see the implications of that down the road.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Urg. It irritates me every time Almond re-rails this plot. Makes me dislike the character's actions, even though I really like Almond.

I am just impatient to get to the real reason behind these cycles I guess.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Triskelli posted:

And if she just *thinks* she's an alien, then why is she a bat/cat thing when everyone else is a bunny?

Ahh, but you are overlooking a Champion of Justice...Commander Caboodle. He's certainly an alien.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Nightmare Knight takes his job as a spirit crushing mailman seriously. So now that he's sufficiently crushed Carrot's spirit he can deliver that letter Parfait gave him.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Can I go with option D?

Almond gives Cucumber the crocus, because the one thing they need at that moment to save them is a huge bathtub drain.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Still like this one myself http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-513/

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Malpais Legate posted:

Has that been explained yet?

It hasn't been explained yet, but something is messing with everyone's memory it appears.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

kurona_bright posted:

New page!

I love the way Rosemaster has made the comic start looking like an old film.

No kidding, this page is really pretty.

Also, that's a really intimidating look Rosemaster has going now.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Oh, so Glitchmaster is still around. That's good, I was interested to seeing more about that Disaster Master.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Suaimhneas posted:

That doesn't sound like something that would take very long

I'd wager that would take about say 501 years.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Hmm, I'm not sure why I didn't consider this before, but Rosemaster's "every convenient little miracle" line makes me question/realize.

I wonder if Nightmare Knight has always been forcing this plot. Have any of the Legendary Heroes actually been capable of going through the whole thing, or has it always been him helping out since I'd assume after the first? Sounds like a ritual at this point. "Send hero on magical journey to defeat evil every 100 years, or else the world ends" sorta thing.

Hypocrisy posted:

Well, since they exist I'm glad we have this to hammer it home some more that hey, the Nightmare Knight is the one really responsible for all of this.

Hi, that's me. I knew he was responsible for forcing the plot with Cucumber and company. I hadn't put together he's probably been doing this every time.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 1, 2015

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

khy posted:

(Except the cat queen, gently caress her, but not Peridot she's cool)

Ahh, not sure why you don't like Cordelia. Personally, she hasn't really interacted with the "heroes" enough yet for me to get an opinion on her.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Well, I hope Almond isn't turned off the heroics completely. It's nice to see her have her exuberance bite her back, but I do like her gung-ho personality.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 8, 2015

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Phy posted:

It's "gung-ho".

Thank you. I corrected a spelling mistake there, and then made another.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
It seems Tomato has finally lost it without the groups umami. Threatening the mailman indead, what would he even add to their bland salad?

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Oct 9, 2015

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
This page is perfect.

Nothing to be ashamed of Nightmare Knight, baking is a great hobby and I'm sure he doesn't get much chance to do it since he's imprisoned for 5000 years between these cycles. Hell, you can even make an evil cake if you need to stay in character NK.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I don't think I'm going to grow tired of NK's "What" in response to cute harmless questions.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Poison Mushroom posted:

Are you doing a science presentation for a middle school class? Because you're projecting pretty hard right now.

Huh? It's not an unheard of observation. Hell, it's happened multiple times with this comic already. See the Internets complete confusion about Piano's letter.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Okay, well that makes sense as a source of power for Nightmare Knight.

Anyone want to take a bet that he's in this cycle because of a Faustian bargain.

life_source posted:

Eh... I'm calling bullshit. It feels like there is something more behind the Nightmare Knight that is causing him to do all of this. Just a hunch.

Not a bad idea since the princess herself calls bullshit.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 11, 2015

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Well, looking on the bright side of things. The root of the problem is magical in nature. Seems like we are only a magical power source and a cynical wizard hero away from a solution.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Neo_Crimson posted:

I think it's just incompetence. She probably has no idea about NK's little change of heart, but he's out so get the Dreamsword and a hero together because that's worked for the past few millennia.

That's the way I'm leaning as well. Not conscious malice, but incompetence and laziness. She might have had a good idea the first time, and the next few times are understandable as a sorta "okay, this worked in the past". But after the first dozen times, she should have realized it wasn't a permanent fix and tried to solve it for good, instead of just ignoring the problem and breaking out the old magic sword/hero whenever this crap happens.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Three New Pages.

Well, Parfait always seems to phrase things in terms of children's stories....that said she's not wrong.

Especially considering we as the audience know that a majority of the Masters already know.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 8, 2015

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Oh, and by the way don't make the first person you tell Glitchmaster.

This is unfortunate, Parfait continues to be right.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I'm also voting for Cabbage. Mind you, his offer to give them a ride will be just as lethal as Cosmo's offer would have been.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Ha, that was the headmaster of the school Cucumber wanted to go to, and also the guy he was fanboying about at some times. (A QA session maybe)

Also Oracle being shifty as always.

Edit: Didn't the Oracle create the Dreamsword? I wonder if she gets something out of the Nightmare Knight's defeats with the "sword of legend"

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 3, 2016

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I'm also slightly disappointed in Almond again. At this point I think she would be over the whole "who cares" when it comes it getting to the bottom of this situation.

So...what sort of cold based disaster will befall the Skybus? Storm, Blizzard?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Popo posted:

She seems more bummed out than simple disinterest here. That's at least Grade B+ levels of unhappiness right there.

Ya, after people pointed it out, she's probably just depressed and disillusioned at this point. More believable character arc this way really.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Love that smile from Peridot in the 2nd to last panel.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Renaissance Robot posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with the bread in the title image? :barf:

I know everyone is already commenting on this. But it looks like maybe a wild-yeast sourdough, maybe whole wheat. Kinda hard to tell from that picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Poison Mushroom posted:

I really hope it wasn't swapped because, honestly, I'm getting a little tired of the "important artifact was stolen from under the heroes' noses" plot point.

I kinda agree. The heroes have had this happen before and have run into Cosmo multiple times at this point, so sabotage should be suspected.

Need a twist on the formula lest your heroes look like idiots.