Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Young Anton Chekhov

(seated in the white coat)

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Lots of photos incoming. The theme is Forgotten Hotties of the Silver Screen.

John Barrymore (Drew Barrymore's grandfather)

Pauline Frederick

Adolphe Menjou (that dapper moustache :3:)

Glenn Langan (you'll never guess who he grew up to be MST3K's Amazing Colossal Man)

Tilly Losch

Gilbert Roland

My favorite actress of the 1930s-40s, Frances Dee:

This was Frances with her husband, actor Joel McCrea, pretty hot stuff himself...

They were married for 57 years. :3:

Less forgotten but still hot:

Tyrone Power

Carole Lombard

And he's been posted in this thread before but that's no reason not to include more pictures of the handsomest devil --

~*Errol Flynn*~ :allears::swoon::shlick:

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I thought the same thing! I'm surprised Gilbert Roland isn't more remembered today -- his film credits stretch from 1923 to 1982, and he was so super handsome. (No one reading this will ever look that good in a fedora.) He was also Mexican, his real name being Luis Antonio Dámaso de Alonso. :mexico:

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

Being a shameless sucker for historical fiction, I love Pat Barker's Regeneration novels. Psychiatrist and ethnologist W.H.R. Rivers shows up as a highly sympathetic figure--and it turns out he was pretty cute as a youngster:

He kind of gave into the silly moustache thing, though:

I loved these books and Rivers was the best thing about them. He looks exactly like he should look. :)

His picture as a young man reminds me of another fictionalized historical figure that generations have had a crush on:

Almanzo Wilder :swoon: (of the Little House on the Prairie books, if you've never read them)

Here is a picture of the moustachioed men in Laura Ingalls Wilder's life: (middle-aged Almanzo is at letter O [looking like McManus on OZ] and old-aged Almanzo :3: is at letter H):

source: here. The brave and dashing Cap Garland is at letter F.

"A kiss without a mustache is like an egg without salt." Uhhh...good thing times have changed, yikes.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ah, James Mason :allears:

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

Source says it's Brezhnev in 1936:

Eh.
Oh, he fits in this thread. :colbert:

So do these two:

Stephen Crane, author of the Red Badge of Courage

Nellie Bly, pioneering journalist and adventurer

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's always time for POET TIME

Rupert Brooke

Robert Graves

Antonin Artaud (in a still from La Passion de Jeanne d'Arc)

And an artist...

Henry Scott Tuke

Merle Oberon epitomized "exotic beauty"

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I was reading the last version of the Awkward and Ugly thread, and there were a couple of guys posted that I, uh....found kind of hot. After a few minutes of serious introspection, I realized they both kind of looked like Joe Strummer and that's what was doing it for me. Whew.

(I can't be the only one, right?)

BTW, if you search for "Strummer" on tumblr, you get a million pictures of Meryl Streep and her husband Don Gummer. Who knew there were so many fans of their marriage?

She's always been a striking lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I just watched Lucky Star (1929), and boy, Charles Farrell was dreamy. :allears:

Someone made a gif of the final scene with Janet Gaynor in the snow:

:swoon:

• Locked thread