Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Leb posted:

CDPR just announced on twitter that Charles Dance will be voicing the emperor of Nilfgaard in the English dub of the game.

Works for me...

:supaburn: Holy balls this is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I think the difference for me is that for a lot of choices in Witcher 2 I didn't realise I was making them the first time around. In mass effect it is literally RED OR BLUE.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
So this is cool...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-06-cd-projekt-announces-generous-witcher-3-dlc-plan

Everyone who buys The Witcher 3 will get all DLC (16 parts!) for free.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Delayed again :(

quote:

Dear Gamers,
Ever since we started working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we knew it would be an ambitious game. We wanted, and still aim, to give you an incredible experience, an epic adventure in a vast, completely open fantasy universe.
The sheer size and complexity of The Witcher, key features of the title, have had a decisive impact on production. Now, nearing the end of our work, we see many details that need to be corrected. When we release the most important game in our studio's history, we must be absolutely sure that we did everything we could to limit any bugs to a level that will allow you to enjoy the game thoroughly.
With this in mind, we took another look at current workloads and what they mean for the team. Even though everyone is working at full speed, we concluded that we need another 12 weeks, so we are shifting the release date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to May 19th, 2015.
We owe you an apology. We set the release date too hastily. It's a hard lesson, one to take to heart for the future. We know what we want to do to make Wild Hunt one of the best RPGs you will ever play. And we continue to work hard to achieve just that. So, we apologise and ask for your trust.
Thank you for the all support you show us on a daily basis. We truly do appreciate it. It has fueled us in our passion since the start and will continue to do so.
- The Board of CD PROJEKT SA

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-08-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-delayed-again-now-due-may-2015

It's fair enough but aaagh, I'm so impatient.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah honestly it will be for the best and it definitely does give me a bit more time to save up for a new graphics card. God knows what it's going to need to run on a 1440p monitor.

Going to have to replay Witcher 2 several more times now.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

BBJoey posted:

The Witcher 1 is actually extremely good and all you lames saying to just go to Witcher 2 should be ashamed. :colbert:

I really need to start W1 again. I bounced off it HARD even before getting to Vizima because I just kept dying over and over again to those loving barghests in the outskirts and I just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.

W2 is one of my favourite games ever so I should really give the first one another chance before 3 comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

GrossMurpel posted:

I'll be completely happy if the combat is similar to W2 because it was great fun.

:agreed:

It was really satisfying. I'm not sure why the RPS guy hates it so much, but it sounds like more of the same which is just what I wanted really.

• Locked thread