Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

Kenderama posted:

FYI, Seas0npass is updated.

Hooray! Looks like at present, only this version of XBMC works with 5.1. And this version of Plex works for me.

kuskus fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

^

Magic Media Marker posted:

Feed Magic Media Marker a video file and it will automatically determine if the file is a TV Show or a Movie by it's file name and download the appropriate metadata and artwork for you.

If it's really to aTV and not a to-go device, though, why not use Plex. It's done a near perfect job of finding and presenting meta data for me unless things are named terribly, in which case it tends to think they're Titanic or Jem or something.

Edit: It's done just fine for me (pre-flights and whatnot) but perhaps I don't consume enough media to have the troubles others have had.

kuskus fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 16, 2012

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

dexter6 posted:

The videos seem to convert fine, and the M4V files play fine in VLC, MPlayerX and Quicktime however they do not play in iTunes and will not transfer to an iPad.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Are you using the appropriate preset for your device?

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

Modern Pragmatist posted:

Funny you should say that... Seas0nPass is out for 5.2 (ATV 2 only, of course)

"firecore posted:

Note: Some 3rd party plugins such as Plex, Remote HD, Rowmote, and XBMC are not yet compatible with the 5.1+ Apple TV software.

I'm getting dependency errors trying to install Plex and XBMC; I think updates to mobilesubstrate are required for things to work. I'm not an advanced JB software tweaker, so in effect I've screwed my setup at the moment.
I do have AirPlay overscan options now, yessss.

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

Since the Seas0npass with 5.2 pretty much took away XBMC and Plex, I reverted to 5.0.2 (right-click on the "Create IPSW" button in Seas0npass and choose your OS version). If anything, I'm happy it prompted me to change my ATV2's shorts, because everything is buttery now; BT keyboard be damned. I have iOS Remote app for that. I love the XeBoo XBMC skin.

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

I have to have the power and USB connected on my Apple TV for it to do anything meaningful on my Mac. iTunes always takes forever to flash and then hangs, but it has always fully committed the modified firmware. Make sure you quit iTunes before you start seas0npass.

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

Your ATV is never going to output its audio over the network without hacking or latency compensation.
If you can get your MacBook to AirPlay its screen via AirParrot or something then you can probably use VLC & Soundflower to step your audio latency forward and listen that way (from the MacBook). This excludes the phone but allows you private watching? Alternatively just bring the phone close to your face.

It would be cool if the newly-enabled bluetooth on the ATV could stream to BT headphones.

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

Bucket Joneses posted:

Every day I try to use my AppleTV as an HTPC replacement, I just get frustrated as poo poo.

XBMC runs like a turd on an ATV2.

You trying to run 1080p content and find that it's dogging, or you just don't like the interface?
When it runs, for me, it runs great. Something always fundamentally breaks about the install during upgrade though, and I just lean on Plex.

Edit: "10% of the time, it runs great 100% of the time"; sorry.
Edit 2: In this regard, I concede to your original statement. It does make a really poor HTPC. Best and only use as a client for other streams.

kuskus fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 11, 2013

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

Kenderama posted:

I have the latest XBMC on the latest iOS, and the only thing it chokes on is wmv files.
How'd you install it? You using nitoTV to manage the package, or did you just add a source in ssh and use APT? Mind telling me which source?

Once I Seas0npass'd / nitoTV'd, XBMC is fine until apt-get update/upgrade, then it's-a brokles. Hitting the icon just reboots the aTV2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

Part of me expected interface updates to kill the reflections on the icons/channels, but since iOS 7 and all its methodology isn't coming to the public until fall I'm sure this is just content-provider update. iOS for aTV seems so simplified already (and thank goodness, what with an A4 heart in mine) that it would seem trivial to make some minor interface adjustments & shoot out a new point release.

• Locked thread