Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

Shaggar posted:

graphs are cool but i've only had 2 irl things i've solved with them.

yeah the only times i've used a graph after the class were...
- in an ai class with neural networks
- in that same class for getting a learning ai to learn how to "play" blackjack by studying game states and their results
- for a game i started and never finished
- to solve some convex hull problem (project euler maybe? i forget)

it's too bad that i don't use them more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.
just want to thank all you guys working on banner ads and popunders and whatever else

you're doing god's work

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

rotor posted:

someone's gotta pay for the internet, it sure as gently caress ain't gonna be you

we're the people you pay for the internet

can't serve up your "obama wants all moms to lose their belly with this one weird tip!" ads without all the plumbing

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

ahhh spiders posted:

why are you changing the same string so many times? get it right the first time

literally choked on some water reading this

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

rotor posted:

hm my av ... it has change'd

the tides rise and fall

a star explodes

time marches ever forward

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

CaptainMeatpants posted:

all the php girls are botched trannies

tinyaoichild

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

tef posted:

write a toy language. worked for perl 6 :q:

redundant

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

x86 posted:

diablo 3 bot

yeah and make it so it doesn't get detected by warden and also give it only to me

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

Wheany posted:

how to make an empty array of org.javatuples.Triplet:

new Triplet<>[]{};

:haw:

what the gently caress is a javatuples

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

there is literally no other way to store two associated pieces of data

i need an object that has exactly two Objects internally

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

i also need objects that hold exactly three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, and ten associated objects. these objets need to be distinct and named completely differently. thanks.

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

Nomnom Cookie posted:

Commons collections has a pair class that extends map.entry

:aaa:

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

lombok looks awesome but the library i build/maintain at work doesn't use it and i've never really needed to do any personal project with java

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

homercles posted:

but wait, java 7 fixes everything nothing you still get this stuff

for (Entry<String,Pair<Integer, Map<String,String>>> ent: myTuplesMap.entrySet()) { ... }

yeah ok i'm almost glad my project builds in java 5

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

rotor posted:

tef is reliably the only person who can make me wish I could still care about programming

tef constantly reminds me that i'll never be a computer scientist, and that i'm really just a code monkey

a clever code monkey, but a monkey nonetheless

he'll just go off about grammars and lexical analysis and how the page file impacts performance or some poo poo and i'll just scroll past it and say "sure, yeah, good job tef"

i did that poo poo in college and never had to think about it again. every once in a while i think of going back for my masters but gently caress academia forever

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

Tiny Bug Child posted:

p languages are trash. ruby is an honorary p language

Shaggar posted:

visual studio's debugger sucks a thousand dicks.

what is going on

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

Shaggar posted:

ez presentations in 3 steps:
1) know your poo poo
2) structure the presentation AND STICK TO THE STRUCTURE
3) know your poo poo

i'm a horrible presenter but i can appear passable by following these old weird tips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

so today i was working near my interns and they were talking about some webdev work they're doing for us and the girl intern said "oh man it's not loading the sexybutton"

apparently sexybutton is a css thing

keep on keepin on webdevs