Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Eh, JJ Abrams directed the best Trek movie in recent memory so I'm taking the same path I did when Heath Ledger was cast in The Dark Knight and assume the director knows what he's doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
The only benefit I can see is if all the theatres in your area are only showing the 3D version of a film you want to see (Avengers was like this for me) and you can't stand 3D. Even then, it doesn't make the film any cheaper as mentioned.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

DFu4ever posted:

I won't even bring up Kirk's death. poo poo, I just did. God, I hate Generations.

The problem I always had with Kirk's death was how laughably offhanded, indirect and throwaway it all was. I literally said "wait, he's dead?!" when all was said and done. I wasn't expecting a giant, epic, massive sendoff to Kirk or anything but if they were going to write in a speech or eulogy that Picard had time to give to Kirk you'd think they would put more weight behind it.

What a terrible film.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Cellophane S posted:

I like Cumberbatch but the internet's crush on him is getting out of hand.

It's a refreshing break from Nathan Fillion love, at least.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

qntm posted:

Who says he didn't?

Did one really think he was sitting around for 20+ years just waiting for Spock to appear through the time wormhole? ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

LLJKSiLk posted:

According to storyboards and deleted scenes he just sat in a prison cell calculating Spock's arrival. Then broke out when it was time.

Eh, it was an attempt at humor at the very least.

• Locked thread