Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

kiimo posted:

We just cut a 3 minute trailer for CineEurope for Argo. The way that thing is testing certainly helped.

Also I need to mention again how much I loving loved Dragon Tattoo. I didn't read the book or see the Swedish version. But man I loved it.

I'm immensely excited for Argo, and hearing that it is testing well only fuels the fires for me.

I also, by the way, love Dragon Tattoo. I've never read the book or seen the Swedish version either, and it took a couple of viewings, but I rate it alongside Finchers best now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

More serious than their self-produced works.

Anyway, new trailer for Lincoln is up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_PfTl63qQQ
I'm assuming all the "Best Actor" awards just magically appeared in Daniel Day-Lewis' house once this movie finished production.

The shot of him walking into a room, iconic silhouette in shadow matches perfect with an identical shot in Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. I'm okay with that.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

tvb posted:

If we're going to talk about the trailer for "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo," which is incredible, we have to mention the trailer for The Social Network. It's drat near perfect.

These are my two favorite trailers, though I prefer the Red Band Dragon Tattoo that was made to look like a leak.

On top of the The Social Network is my favorite film ever, alongside Jurassic Park.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Benne posted:

Hollywood studios still don't how to handle online trailer launches in the Year Of Our Lord 2012.

To be fair video uploads are hard! :iiam:

I have no idea why companies still use loving Apple Trailers either, what a god awful website.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Glados? A portal between dimensions? That's a bit more Valve than I expected.

And the trailer is also focused more on the robots than I expected, which I guess could be because they want to keep most of the monster designs secret, but the tagline implies they might play more of a part in the storyline than being merely weapons.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Trump posted:

That looked like it's going to be helluva fun! :aaaaa:

Valve? What? Valve didn't invent neither of those concepts.

What did you expect? I don't get your post I guess.

Firstly, I don't mind the similarities at all, I'm 100% behind this film and was simply observing that the voice actress for the AI machine is the same one used for Glados, with (as far as I can tell) the same post-processing effect used on it.

Again, I don't care, it's just that when coupled up with the dimensional portal spewing forth monsters (Half-Life) made me affectionately link it to Valve.

And no, Valve didn't invent the concept of portals or computer A.I's, but it's the EXACT same voice.

Again, I'm just observing.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

In all seriousness why do film studios continue to use Apple? I've not had a good experience with that site in years.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

I was confused as to how those monsters seem to wreck everything yet some massive facility was left alone long enough to build a bunch of elaborate 100 ft tall robots.

My understanding is that there were several months, even years, between the initial attacks. Also I'm not sure why you expected to get all that back story from the trailer, or why you really care about the logistics of constructing a giant robot warrior.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCM3HhGUJsM
Trailer for Red 2.

While it doesn't look terrible it does kind of look like it isn't bringing anything interesting to the table.

She really should be using a plastic tub for the disposal of that body.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ApexAftermath posted:

Star Trek Into Darkness Superbowl spot...

Haha! Look at that small fry poo poo. Here, have a proper Superbowl trailer;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozG6KQftTmc

The Star Trek trailer is pretty good though.

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 4, 2013

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I think we can all agree that the Oz trailer looked pretty poor, and didn't show anything that wasn't in the one released a few months back. That said, it will probably make a lot of money for some reason.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

I really appreciate that The Fast and The Furious franchise has gone from a film about a small, tight-knit racing crime family to a series of films about car-based superheroes.

Fast 5 and this entry are basically the Avengers as well, with multiple characters from the franchise teaming up. Fast 5 was also considerably better than the Avengers.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Lord Tywin posted:

But didn't Han said at the end of Fast five that he was going back to Tokyo to that hot Israeli chick? However if Michelle Rodriguez can survive being killed so can he.

I also think that Tokyo drift was pretty cool.

He pretty knowingly says something like; "It's still a long way to Tokyo."

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

qntm posted:

I'm desperate to see what happens next. This is a great trailer.

Well luckily for you the trailer actually shows how he solves that problem pretty clearly. Yeah, I'm sure there will be a set back and some dramatic music, but it's pretty evident that they all link hands and he lowers them down like a rapidly falling human dandelion chain.

Has everyone else missed the fact that this trailer spoils it's own dramatic mystery?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

PaganGoatPants posted:

Trailer for Phantom (Ed Harris, David Duchovny)

They could spin this off into an awesome series about survival on a rogue nuclear subma... Oh.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

BonoMan posted:

Not a national spot, but we just did a fun little promo for our film festival here in Jackson, MS.

Dude, this was loving awesome. I just did very similar work for a film festival here in England. The concept was given to us by the festival, and I basically worked for a day with no budget to make three ads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsJTbKPsfpo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoBrz-g2uRw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5mV0jjhbXk

Yours puts mine to shame, I'm very impressed.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

That was perfect. I'm so immensely excited for this film. More so than any other this summer.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Deakul posted:

Aside from the terribly generic inspirational narration by Jax, that looks loving great.

See, Michael Bay?
That's how you do giant spectacle action movies.

Well, Michael Bay has been doing giant spectacle action movies amazingly well for years now, but I guess Del Toro looks to have landed on his own style for them as well.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This was the point I started throwing money at the screen. Man that looks rad.

This has been talked about in the films thread already, but either that boat is tiny or those cars are huge.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

schwenz posted:

What's the most amount of pages any thread in CD has gone without breaking out into an argument about Michael Bay?

Ironically the resent Transformers analysis thread managed to go its entire run without any.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

thet0wer posted:

So they're actual wizards, right? Because at the end of that trailer they literally turn into money while jumping off a building.

I'm weirdly interested in this film, but yeah, they can't be anything other than actual wizards.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

It's the casting for Gravity that hurts its public perception, in my opinion.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I know we asll wished Chronicles had been more like Pitch Black but we meant in quality, not a direct remake.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

smackfu posted:

There is an international trailer for the Lego Movie though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVU7fU9VpXI

I think the only difference is there is an alternate scene after the title at the end, instead of the stunned-into-silence gag.

There's quite a few different clips in that trailer. Also, I'm proud to say that i own nearly every one of the mini-figs featured in both trailers so far.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

PaganGoatPants posted:

Thanks for Sharing - Mark Ruffalo is a sex addict (Gweneth Paltrow, Josh Gad, and Pink)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR_OkBBzdew

Oh, hey, this looks like nice disposable fu... Josh Gad? Nope, gently caress that.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I love Alfonso Cuaron, but I think Gravity looks like poo poo - mainly because I hate the casting. If he'd cast unknowns I would've bought into it much more, but then I also guess the film wouldn't of got made.

Simply put though I can't imagine a better fate for Sandra Bullock than drifting off into the abyss of space.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

National Treasure was awesome. Why didn't we ever get a third one?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The Secret Life of Walter MITTY is a very odd way to display the title.

Also, anyone other than Kirsten Wiig would've made me more excited for the film.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

Toby Maguire, Kristen Wiig, Jessica Alba, Haley Joel Osment

I see resurrected careers.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

Jesus, his face looks so weird on his head.

It's like it's trying to escape.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I don't really like that poster.

Godzilla looks kind of lovely on it, like a toy. His pose is very stiff.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if that was a fake.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Noah is amazing. We had this discussion in the movie posters thread a couple of days ago if you want more information but that trailer shows about 5% of the plot/insane awesome content of the film.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Thank God they found a director who understands what the Apes really represent, it was far too subtle in all the other films - war paint!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Alehkhs posted:

First trailer for How to Train Your Dragon 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BP38770KNo

That contains major spoilers for the film which, apparently, DreamWorks are really unhappy about being featured.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I don't understand what the gently caress is meant to be happening in Open Windows at all.

It basically seems like a film about PANTOO.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Speleothing posted:

Open Windows seems really confusing to me. I guess I just don't get it. The criminal mastermind is forcing the biggest fan to watch as the star gets abused & abducted? But Elijah Wood is also giving her orders for some reason despite being her fan?

PANTOO his behind it all.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

CaptainHollywood posted:

Exec 1: "But.. but we helped so many people! Isn't that what really matters?"

Boss: "...you're fired."

http://www.natureknows.org/2013/12/20th-century-fox-gave-him-25000-to-make.html

This isn't how jobs work so gently caress him. It's good that he helped people if he thought the outcome would be anything other than loosing his job then he's a moron.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Kush posted:

I don't know what it is, but I'm not getting anything out of Transcendence trailers. It looks so banal and overly serious and somehow I can see it on the faces of the actors, everyone looks bored and bothered to be there. I hope I am wrong, because there are some elements that could be cool, but those trailers are very limp.

God awful boring cinematographer directs god awful boring film. Shocker.

The only mystery here is why anyone thought he'd be able to transcend his shortcomings.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

DivisionPost posted:

I am now a goddamn believer.

I'm all in. I hope he never takes off the head and he wins an Oscar. Looks amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Slate Action posted:

Apparently this is a teaser for the next James Bond film, 'Come & Dive.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHkf4zYyGMg

Hahaha. No it isn't.

• Locked thread