Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

muscles like this? posted:

Pretty sure we wouldn't hear about a new Bond movie through a teaser.

Exactly. It is being written now and we know Sam Mendes is returning but that's all.

How would anyone watch that teaser and come away thinking it seems legit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Cumberbatch is one of the few actors I went from liking to disliking as I found out more about his personal opinions. Normally I can ignore that poo poo pretty well.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I'm excited to see this "showcase" of Aubrey Plaza playing the same loving character she always plays.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Hollismason posted:

It's other than the subject matter actually a good movie, sure it's gross but it's well done and well acted plus really funny. They kind of sell it as a gross out film but really it's a coming of age film and it's a really well done one at that. Think The Spectacular Now ( I dunno if you liked that film, I did) but with a lot more well poo poo and vaginal fluid and loving. It's just a good movie. It get's pretty gross , like I was grossed out and I was a EMT for 6 years and had to deal with bodily fluids of all kinds.

In spoilers, what's the grossest scene?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

The Columbus movies actually look fine though and while he only did the first two movies, in setting up the franchise he definitely had a role in shaping the entire look of the franchise. It's like how the Marvel aesthetic has gotten lazier over time, but what is recurring still bears influence to having a great cinematographer (Matthew Libatique, who did all of Aronofsky's films except The Wrestler) on Iron Man. It's actually the Yates movies that look terrible (particularly the sixth film - its downright garish), but, as expected, Cuaron does the best work.

Except that once Prisoner came out the entire look of the films changed. The Columbus films look loving awful to this day and pale in comparison to anything after Aronofsky took the reigns.

Also, the Marvel aesthetic has actually got a bit more interesting with Phase 2.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

And this isn't just an electrified re-telling of the first movie.......... how?

It literally sounds like the exact same plot aside from an increased body count and more mechanical whatsits and dinosaur types that could be involved. I'm willing to let the movie surprise me but I seriously don't see how Jurassic World is anything more than a nostalgia grab based on the (limited) amount of material released on it.

I've got to agree with you on this, I just don't find it very interesting. Also, dressing Howard as a Bond villain doesn't fill me with confidence, neither does the goofy plot details that have leaked.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The new film still has clever, good guy dinosaurs in it. Chris Pratt's character has trained Raptor's and a T-Rex that they use to fight the Megasaurus.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I guess Universal heard all the complaints about "teasers for trailers" and said gently caress it, because they just posted the Jurassic World trailer.

I think it's more likely they heard the news about Star Wars releasing its trailer on Friday too.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

mr.capps posted:

I didn't see a single T.Rex in that trailer.
:smith:

I mean its probably going to end up being the hero of the film and kills the superdinosaur.

Actually I've heard it's a Spinosaurus that saves the day.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I just don't buy the idea that people have lost interest in the Park. It's too meta and mechanical. I also don't buy that the solution is to create a single monster dinosaur rather than, say, moving to a more convenient location or some poo poo.

If anything it would make more sense to reference Blackfish and have the ethics of the Park be the cause for bad publicity and dwindling guest.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

That said though, I agree. Unless the prices were exorbitant (which they might very well be), it just doesn't make sense that people would be all, "Dinosaurs? *yawn*" in a world where kids still go apeshit for Disney characters.

Also, the Park looks packed.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Eh! Frank posted:

From the trailer, it doesn't seem like interest has died out too much. There's some decent sized crowds. Maybe it's just commentary on companies always trying to change things, and that making things bigger, faster, & stronger doesn't necessarily make them better. Dunno. Has there been a leaked script?

A few months back someone spoiled the entire premise of the film before any information was officially released and it lines up perfectly with everything we've seen, so there's basically no reason to doubt it.

The park is dying out due to lack of interest, so the new company decides to make a new, cool dinosaur to get people coming back again. I guess the film is happening on the day of the big reveal so that's why there's crowds maybe?

The new dinosaur is the size of a T-Rex, white and blue in colour but can turn invisible, and as clever as a Raptor.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Here's the Lego figure that leaked last week. You might think this isn't a good source to really grasp what it will look like but the Raptor and T-Rex look pretty close to the proper thing, so...

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Am I not supposed to think this will look awesome cause uh

I also think by "invisible" they don't literally mean invisible, it'll probably work more like a chameleon

I'm undecided. It feels like a film that's trying to be serious but has a really goofy premise, rather than going out with the goofy like the G I Raptor script did.

Also, yeah, I assume that's what they mean too, but that's still dumb because it's an apex Predator the size of a house, it's got little reason to hide and surely couldn't do it well.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

kiimo posted:

Ha we had to postpone our Get Hard trailer. Apparently in light of recent events it wouldn't be kosher to drop it.

No one wants to see John McClane struggle with erectile dysfunction!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

davidspackage posted:

"Turbodino" just seems so trite. Please surprise me like, maybe, the Planet of the Apes reboot. :(

You're kind of in luck then because it's being written by the same two writers as those films.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

kiimo posted:

Get Hard is a bad movie it's just silly that Ferguson would prevent us showing Will Ferrel acting all gangsta.

Not really. I'd probably riot more too if I saw that trailer at a time of heightened tensions.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

You know what would make the split films more palatable? New subtitles instead of Parts. So, it could be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows followed by Harry Potter and the Battle of Hogwarts or some poo poo.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

justlikedunkirk posted:

High Rise is getting made by Ben Wheatley, whose last film literally turned into a massive magic mushroom hallucination. I have a feeling he'll keep that deterioration aspect in and handle it with ease.

Ben Wheatley is a lovely Director. He even managed to be the worst director in this last season of Doctor Who, which is really saying something.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

morestuff posted:

It's kind of sad they couldn't come up with enough interesting stuff to fill a three-minutes proof of concept video

Yeah. That was pretty awful, and filming it with a fish eye lens makes it ugly as well.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

Where is Mila Kunis?

She's not in it.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

DetoxP posted:

She literally eats dirt. She thinks you should too.

She also literally tans her vagina and talks about it nearly every interview.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

computer parts posted:

He said that Prometheus was more or less what that movie would've been.

A poo poo film seems about right for what Del Toro would've made. Yep.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Wandle Cax posted:

Isn't that more when you are making a widescreen frame out of a full frame ratio? Letterboxing is when you use black bars to show the full widescreen frame on a smaller screen. Maybe it depends but I don't think there's any additional part of the frame on top and bottom of a widescreen image which they cut out, that is the entire frame that has been filmed. You generally don't see boom mikes and such because they just keep them out of the frame when they are filming.

He's right that it's called matting, and he's also right that you can use it to remove objects on the very edge of the frame, however your also right that you keep those out as much as possible.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

From the look of that trailer it seems like they really are still using the leaked plot twist. That's bad news. It's literally the worst plot twist I can remember in recent years, and is definitely the worst one in Bond history.

For anyone who doesn't know: Bond and Blofeld are adopted brothers.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Sir Kodiak posted:

Terminator: Genisys looks absolutely terrible, but if your concern is having all the twists spoiled, keep in mind that we haven't seen anything at all of the apparently-major role that Matt Smith will be playing.

Spoilers for Smith's entire role in the film: He's the soldier who turns into the nano-bot cloud that infects Connor. He's in the background of the first fight scene and never features again. He's major because he's playing Skynet, but he's not in it again after Skynet becomes Connor.

The entire film is in that trailer, including the ending.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

GonSmithe posted:

How about we stop turning this thread into exactly that.

Nearly all of cinema discusso is that though.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

That Vacation trailer was mainly just inoffensive rubbish but I hated the joke at the end. It feels very hateful and petty. In the original it was the married family man who crashed his car, harmlessly, because he was checking out a girl as cosmic karma. In this, it's the young, attractive, presumably single girl who dies a horribly violent death because she has the nerve to check out a guy.

It just feels very mean. I had the same problem with the Pitch Perfect 2 trailer.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

DivisionPost posted:

That looks like a total blast. I thought Nima Nourizadeh did a solid job with Project X; curious to see what he and Max Landis pull off here.

Bits of that trailer remind me of one of your scripts actually.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

kiimo posted:

I wonder how long Alexis Bledel sat around for a script

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

That's a really bad Photoshop guys.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

bullet3 posted:

"The witch queen has returned to destroy humanity" - I love how stupidly geeky this is.

Vin Diesel can make as many lovely fast and furious movies as he wants as long as it means we can get more of his goofy rear end pet projects inspired by D&D campaigns.

He's never made a lovely Fast & Furious though? Also, there inspired by D&D campaigns as much as this looks to be.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

kiimo posted:

I really hope the rumor is true that he's a stormtrooper that the force starts working on and freaks him out.

Yeah, current biggest rumour is that the plot is basically Legend of Korra Book Three.

Also, I bet the beginning of that trailer is the beginning of the film, with the sheet looking like the classic star field. Instead of panning down to a planet though she rips it aside because this isn't your father's Star Wars.

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Oct 20, 2015

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I need more context for that last spoiler.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

feedmyleg posted:

If anyone other than Jeff Goldblum were the lead I would have less than 0% interest in this film. But goddamnit, Jeff Goldblum is headlining a sci/fi action movie in 2016 so I have to see it. Unless everyone says it's absolute garbage, then I'll wait til it his blu-ray and skip any scene he's not in.

Major spoiler: He dies in the first attack about 30 minutes in.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

We had this discussion the last time a trailer came out and teagone is right.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Rougey posted:

More films about Mars and getting people home! :haw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH1tLlQNDeg

Marsrise Kingdom.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Calexio posted:

Ahh, that makes sense. There also seemed to be no sense of space? Like, the sound of the voices didn't fit the spaces they were in? I dunno, probably just your explanation.

Also, that The Shallows trailer is dope and Kicks looks real good.

The Jungle book trailers had the same problem. The sound design just isn't finished that's all. It stands out more over CGI.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Don't get too excited about this new Godzilla guys, there's currently no plans to release it outside Japan/Hong Kong at all. New World Cinema posted a message on their Facebook page that they are "working hard to bring GODZILLA to every State!" a while back but we haven't heard anything since.

From what I understand Legendary are throwing their weight around to block it's release internationally because they don't want it to compete with their Godzilla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The MSJ posted:

re: xXx 3
In the words of that Canadian skater kid, I am so stoked, my dudes.

Here's the trailer for season 2 of Ash vs Evil Dead. It was banned from Comic Con for being too gory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzeJTAwqEJ4

Sure it was.

• Locked thread