Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

RoughDraft2.0 posted:

Also: I blame "Warrior" bombing mostly on the Godawful trailer, which actually edited in the announcer uttering, "Unbelievably, the two fighters in the final---ARE BROTHERS!" How does that happen without someone saying, "You know, that line is so groan-inducing people will actively avoid this otherwise fine film?"

Not only that, it took away from the lead up fights. Pretty much everyone could have guessed that's where the movie would have led, but to have it confirmed right in the trailer took any doubt away.

The teacher vs. Russian fight still had me yelling out loud though, that movie was fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

AndyP posted:

This is one of those trailers that tells you jack poo poo about the plot, yet it's already won me over just from the cast.

It looks like it's based on abscam (?), but I don't know the story all that well.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

soapgish posted:

THOR: THE DARK WORLD ain't too shabby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npvJ9FTgZbM

Why would they give away an "Indy just shoots the guy" moment in a trailer? Bad decision of giving that away aside, it looks entertaining.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

LeJackal posted:

This is an idiot in a plastic open-face balaclava. Notice how he looks like a dude at a costume party.

This is the remains of a human corpse wedged into a cradle of silicon and steel, a dead man's face mockingly affixed to its front. Notice how this closely resembles more a golem than a man and highlights the nightmarish waking death that has befallen the souless shade of Peter Murphy.

(Really, the makeup effect they used in the original made it look as though OCP literally harvested his face and strapped it on as something close to an afterthought. It really struck me, and still does, as representing the thin veneer of false humanity they wished to slap on for the sake of some PR intern.)

I feel the same way, but you put it much better than I would have.

I really (REALLY) like the original Robocop. I liked the second one, the third and the series were poo poo.

I'm really interested in the choice of Padilha as the director, Keaton and Oldman are fantastic, but I'm not getting a very good feeling from the new trailer. I know a lot can change between now and when the movie is released, but someone brought up Total Recall and I really hope that's not as apt a comparison as it seems like it will be. The new Total Recall, while having a good cast (Bill Nighy and Bryan Cranston were both in it), was pretty much forgettable. There's no reason that a movie about a robot cop (a RoboCop, if you will) should be forgettable.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

James Bond: Flags Of Our Fathers

Is the pier shot from Dark City or Requiem?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

bows1 posted:

Trailer for Palo Alto, written by James Franco, starring Emma Roberts.

Used the Yahoo Link because the one I found on YouTube isn't as good

http://www.indiewire.com/article/watch-emma-roberts-tries-to-grow-up-in-new-palo-alto-trailer#.UzuVHLyDB_E.facebook

Didn't a goon make a movie a few years ago called Palo Alto?

Edit: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0834939/
I think it was this one, I could be wrong about the guy being a goon though.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I wonder why they didn't do feathered dinosaurs, just for the sake of familiarity?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Gonz posted:

Jai Courtney was grown in a lab; created from the same Forgettable Everyman DNA that Sam Worthington was. He's not terrible, but he's not great. He just is.

Jai Courtney was loving awesome in Spartacus.

Sadly he hasn't been as good anywhere else yet.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I feel like they are missing out on a joke by not casting Anthony Michael Hall in the movie.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Xenix posted:

That's unfortunate. I really liked that guy in Generation Kill, too.

I liked him as well. I don't understand why they would greenlight this after killing Almost Human, which could have been in the same universe. What about this makes them think it will do better?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

GrandpaPants posted:

It's weird that this just reminds me of a lovely looking Person of Interest but with psychics instead of a godlike AI, and a vision of the future as seen through Apple marketing instead of a weirdly prescient vision of modern times.

While we're on the topic of terrible looking Fox adaptations, here's a trailer for Lucifer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4bF_quwNtw

At the risk of repeating myself, why would Fox greenlight this after Constantine just failed on NBC?

What's going on at Fox?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Vintersorg posted:

Bone Tomahawk and just have it start with a closeup of Kurt Russells magic mustache and slowly zoom out. His eyes stare back at the audience and you cut to a closeup of his dried lips.... they slowly open, you see they are dry and skin flakes off and flies away... suddenly he yells

BOOOOONE

TOMA-loving-HAWK
Seconding Bone Tomahawk, and give Russell's mustache it's own credit.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Antti posted:

I don't think it's that spoilery unless you already read the book in which case you easily make the connections between stuff showing up on screen and what happened in the book.

Having not read the book I agree with this guy. It looks very good, and I'm sure he survives, but I'm not entirely sure from the trailer.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

The MSJ posted:

Bradley Cooper is a rogue bike-riding leather-wearing bad boy chef. Again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kheoozlc-Ew

Fixed. Didn't he already do this with Kitchen Confidential? He even had the leather jacket going.

http://www.hulu.com/kitchen-confidential

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

The MSJ posted:

Shane Black's new joint looks like a riot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uteGvHOs16A
If that is even half as good as Kiss Kiss Bang Bang it will be amazing.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

cat doter posted:

the ezio trilogy is pretty much the only good thing to come out of that series

The modern day parts sucked, but AC4 was awesome just cruising around being a pirate.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Wandle Cax posted:

This looks awesome. The first one was excellent so I'm really glad this sequel has been made. I know it will be a reliably entertaining film because Tom Cruise is in it.

I really liked the first one too, but McQuarrie has almost nothing to do with this one (He's just listed as a producer). He wrote and directed the last one. Cruise should make it worth watching though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Spatula City posted:

hmmm, looks good, but Affleck shoulda cast someone else in the lead. Saldana's doing an interesting accent, I can't place it.

Assuming the movie is following the book, she's Cuban. I'm looking forward to it just for another chance to see Brendan Gleeson. He's great.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Sep 15, 2016

• Locked thread