Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

FFX-2 question, how do I get more Sphere Break coins? I'm currently in chapter 2 but a friend warned me that I should practice Sphere Break because of a tournament later on but no one in Luca Stadium wants to play since I don't have "enough coins".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Go to Djose Temple and watch the cutscene there, it should direct you to the desert where you can start digging up coins.
Wait, you can only get coins in the desert? Time to waste even more time it seems

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

FFX-2 question. How can I kill the Cactuars? Those things keep owning me on the Grand Cup: Hard finals and my cute flan can't use Flare. :(

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

I finally completed Chapter 2 in FFX-2.

Baralai is an rear end in a top hat, I wasn't expecting one of his attacks to drain all my MP AND inflicting Stop. :suicide:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Did you leave your PS3/4 on for 50 hours (I think I got all the X-2 trophies in 65 hours then had to do Last Mission)
PS Vita, and no. I spent 64 hours doing side missions, completing Fiend Tales (plus arena stuff) and getting killed in the battle simulator because "Man, I wonder what I can steal from this monster".

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The first time I played X-2, that last Leblanc fight was murder. That combo attack hurt a lot.
Don't remind me, they killed me three times until I just went "gently caress it" and used 1000 Needles against them.

I like this game. It's fun.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Yeah but it's all in the Via Infinito (unless International/HD added a whole bunch of poo poo I haven't played those versions yet) and generally falls under the "poorly designed" part of my statement.

In a game where the main gimmick is that you can switch jobs mid battle, I...
1) Never had reason to do so.
2) Only ever used 3 jobs, and never at once

Three warriors from the word go. Eventually shifting to two Dark Knights and an Alchemist when the game got hard enough that I actually had to heal, at all. And two Dark Knights murdered drat near everything in one round so there was never a reason to even flipflop the Alchemist to/from Dark Knight either.
Switching jobs was more for obtaining extra stuff from the Garment Grid. I started doing that since the six towers puzzle in Bevelle just to avoid the Death spell.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Can I play Sphere Break against the people who were in the tournament later on? Because apparently I didn't know there was a specific player who had a Garment Grid, and of course, the Garment Grid from Shinra since I didn't want to force my luck and beat him again.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

I'm waiting for the day when Marche becomes playable in Dissidia.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

I recently finished chapter 3 in FFX-2 and I don't know how were you supposed to know you had to press the X button several times during a cutscene?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

This minigame is awful. Poor Flan Rojo :(

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

I actually liked the law system in Tactics Advance.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

bloodychill posted:

In defense of the indefensible.
I liked it because those restrictions also applied to the enemy and generally they weren't that bullshit, the "No Healing" law being an exception.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Another question about FFX-2.

If I want to fight the Experiment at 5/5/5 and Angra Mainyu, how hosed I am? YRP levels are at 40~42, and I'm only missing one dressphere.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

:allears:

That link was the reason I bought the HD remaster in the first place. I really wasn't expecting a lot of depressing stuff while playing FFX :(

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Crossposting from the Vita thread

Of note, besides the Tonberry which are cute as hell and Ramuh evolving from Thunder and Thunder Guy, there's a picture of a vendor dressed as a chocobo named Chocolatte. She's even voiced by Seiko Ueda so yeah, Chocolina returns.

Thunder is cute and I like that it's just the classic Black Mage design :3

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Took me days just to find four damned chocobos to unlock this place and all I got was another stupid chocobo. At least I got an AP Egg, Machina Reactor and a bunch of other items.

So, is there anything else to do with these birds besides that dungeon?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Speaking of X-2 blue magic. What's the best way to deal with Mega Tonberries so you can oversoul them and get them to use Cry in the Night?

That's the only Blue Bullet I'm missing.

OgretailFood fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 29, 2016

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

World of Final Fantasy: I'm in the part where you meet Faris, Syldra and Quistis, and want to know, do you get any ability or item that causes Berserk by that point? Asking because of an imprism requirement in a secret area.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I think you can buy that status causing item by that point, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Buy it from Chocolatte.
Thanks

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Troy Baker voicing a frog! This is beautiful :allears:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

bloodychill posted:

My monster choice for WoFF is "is this monster cute or cool looking?" and it has worked out surprisingly well, even for the challenging bits.
This is how I roll with my stacks except that it's still a problem because everything is cute and adorable.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

I don't know about the combining abilities but I ended up with Flare most of the time

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

:toot: Eat poo poo "elite" and thanks for the 1s that helped me build that x11 multiplier bonus

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

Speaking as someone who actually liked the FF3 remake:
You receive a penalty to stats when you change Jobs. I guess it's to encourage you to play "fairly" and not just change up your Jobs whenever you feel like it.
Random turn order. This was already covered but man, you can easily get wiped by this.
Gimmick dungeons where you have to put status effects on your party
Maybe I'm just a broken man but I actually enjoyed these features.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

The "magic tier" system is much more interesting than MP. Only being able to use so many spells per tier is very neat. Of course, Devouts have so many points in the highest tiers that you're never in any danger. I've thought about trying to beat the game again without one.
That system is Wizardry as gently caress and I love them for doing that. Spell management is one of my favorite things in RPGs.

I want to replay it but is there a way to get the Onion Knight job in the DS version since the online service is dead, or should I get the PSP/Steam version?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Omega Weapon looks so tiny here, it's the same size as a chocobo :3:

Anyway, what's the recommended level for fighting Almighty Shinra?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

gigglefeimer posted:

50+ is good, but the more levels the better, if only to help you outpace his auto-regen.
That's good to hear, I was worried that level 60+ was too low for it

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Speaking of FFX-2. I just realized that I missed 0.1% of story competition because I didn't want to marry a dude back in the first chapter (still finished the sidequest).

This is what I get for trying to get 100% on the first run :suicide:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

gigglefeimer posted:

That doesn't actually count for percentage.
Wait, it doesn't? Then I have no idea what I missed.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

The most likely culprits are either interrupting Maechan in Chapter 2, or not doing all the Commsphere scenes in Chapter 4.
That's probably it. Why did they made optional scenes that raises your story percentage after a bunch of things that added nothing?

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Motto posted:

actually she gets a weird clone that dies by kicking a blitzball-like mine
Can you blame him? Blitzballs look exactly like bombs.