Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

dreffen posted:

It is loving stupid but I'd say if you describe any Final Fantasy plots in a paragraph or two it's going to come out stupid.

Final Fantasy 1 is the story of a bunch of dudes who kill a guy and then go back in time to kill him again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I'm glad there's a ff where you explicitly play as the villain, I thought it was a nice break from the norm.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Tactics Advance had invincible bunny assassins, FFTA2 made them no longer as good. I know which one i consider the best.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I like FFX-2 better then FFX by virtue of the fact that it has dress-up as its combat system.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I am going to be remarkably interested on what the general consensus is on Lightning Returns once more people play it. It's an extremely odd game for a third game in a franchise.

How long has it been out and is it long enough that I can openly mock its ending without using spoilers?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

It isn't out yet, and nobody really cares but it's a dick move to spoil the ending anytime soon.

Huh, there was so much talk about it I just kind of assumed it had been released everywhere. Guess game companies still haven't quite figured out the whole internet thing yet.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
About the FFX remakes, is there a place that has a list or something of what's different (other then that its hd, obviously)? Assuming there's more then that thats different, of course. Also, to be frank, I'm way more likely to get X-2 then X so that's more what I'm curious about.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

AllisonByProxy posted:

They are based on the international re-releases. You can view the changes/additions here:
http://www.finalfantasy.net/x/international-content-final-fantasy-xx2/

Hey thanks!

Haha, the X-2 remake has a pokemon minigame in it, it's like it was made for me.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Balance that against the fact that FFXIII is far and away the worst game in the series and they made loving 3 of them.

Well, it looks like they're going to release another bravely default already so just give it another year and they'll be even.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

That game does look awesome, but will the series come out on consoles?

I certainly hope not, gently caress if I'm ever buying a console or a tv for that matter.

Also, the worst game in the series is whichever one you like the most.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Dude thats a pretty retarded twist, like I think you can legit complain about it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

The thing about the 'twist' is that it isn't a twist at all. It follows logically (or at least as logically as the loving insane game can be) from things presented in the game. It's just magnificently, gloriously, insanely anime. It may be the most anime thing I've ever seen.

You're really gonna have to sell it if you want me to believe it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tempo 119 posted:

Which Final Fantasy are you here for if you can't tolerate a weird shaped anime lady

Well, the first like six games didn't have good enough graphics to tell so maybe he's just old.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tempo 119 posted:

The first six games had the biggest heads of them all!

It didn't look weird because of how out of proportion everything looked tho. In 3d, the difference is more noticeable and so seems more strange.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
You know, you could have just told him to go gently caress himself for reminding you of the game, and not write so many words about it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I honestly don't see people rush to the defense of XIII beyond saying a few things in its favor, unless you are a certain poster who used to be here who is thankfully no longer with us.

Oh I see persi posted in here too :v:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Because Games needs yet another megathread.

(This is the part where it turns out that there is in fact a ff13 specific thread)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Haha, did that guy really ask if japanese developers only care about japanese gamers? Japan is really insular dude, yeah they don't give a poo poo about americans.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Calm down dude, it was a joke.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Close all Final Fantasy threads, what a terrible series of games.

This but all threads and games and in fact, let's just close the whole forums down while we're at it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Be the change you want to see on the forums: instead of closing threads, just stop posting.

When are you going to start?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mikeraskol posted:

You forgot the South Park rpg man.

The South Park rpg is the worst final fantasy.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Why are you talking about Katawa Shoujo all the sudden?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Also, Bravely Default is the best FF game in ages.

I agree with this statement.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I mean, Bravely Default acknowledges that it's story and characters isn't exactly original, so yeah, playing it for the story is a bit of a weird thing to me.

I played it because I've wanted a sequel to ff5 for uh quite a while now.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
FF3 made the error of making it so changing jobs came at a penalty and it can't be stressed enough how poor of a design decision that was.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Oh really, they added that into the ds version? That's hilarious

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Well presumably the CP cost was supposed to exist for a reason.

It sounds like the reason its there is to make the player stick to a certain job for a longer period of time. The problem with that is that being forced to stick to a certain job like that, even if cp is arbitrary to get, is a much less fun experience then choosing to stick to a job for a long time.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

The red mage's most important stat is panache; this game acknowledges that fact.

Bring back the pimp hat

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Chapter 2 is when it just gets Game of Thrones levels of :stare: complete with two children beating each other to death while you fight a boss.

Game of Thrones has incest and rape as regular things.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

kalonZombie posted:

Who's the idiot that's getting the FFX HD remake despite hating the story because he likes the battle system enough that he'll put up with unskippable cutscenes, unlikable characters, and bullshit minigames?

This idiot. Right here. Hi. How are you?

Haha, I'm going to buy it and not even play it, because I only really care about FFX-2. Get on my level :cool:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Excels posted:

So which Final Fantasy is your personal favorite, goons?

Bravely Default

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

The only protagonist I consider even remotely likable dies partway through the game.

Look buddy, if you don't like the cross-dressing pirate I don't think we can be friends.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
She still has the soul of a pirate and this is what matters, namaste

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pesky Splinter posted:

"EDGE MAVERICK, he's the man, whose name you'd love to touch, but you mustn't touch. His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear, cause his name can be said, by anyone.."

All I can remember about Albel is that he was sarong-wearing Crispin Freeman. Unfortunately, I remember Nel, and her hosed-up bonus costume pose.

Why?

Clearly, while searching for a lost contact, she hit her finger hard on the edge of the furniture and is doing the whole suck on the finger to make it feel better thing.

Also, edge maverick :twisted:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

gaping gape gaper posted:

Through her glove.

She didn't have the time to take it off or she may just be very stupid. I don't know, I've never played whatever game y'all are talking about.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Haha, the costumes look funny. Such amazing insight from the Final Fantasy thread.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I thought when my name got changed I would never feel owned by this smiley again. I thought wrong.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I want to play FFX-2 part 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

This changes nothing.