Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

melodicwaffle posted:

Not according to those biweekly tournament boards, I'm not. :negative:

Play Verminion, I won the last tournament :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Open Marriage Night posted:

Is FF8 any good? I’ve played 7 and 9 a bunch of times since they came out, but never had any interest in 8.

No, not really.

It's a lot of fun, but the systems are opaque. Have a friend explain them (or just post here) if you give it a go. FF games excel at two things: spectacle and story. 7 and 9 got the story down (and a fair amount of spectacle!) 8's story is a loving mess. Play it for the spectacle.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

NikkolasKing posted:

It also for some reason changed Rufus' line to Cloud right before their fight from "I see. I guess this means we won't become friends." to something like "I guess we won't be allies."

I dunno, this always just kinda bugged me. Friends sounds so much more mocking and nonchalant. Maybe allies is actaully more accurate to what he said in Japanese, I dunno, but I like friends.

Yeah, his monologue about ruling with fear was good, but that line really cemented his character for me.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

NikkolasKing posted:

I had a good time watching that guy from Kotaku go through FFVII and highlight a bunch of different translation stuff. I'm sad he appears to only want to do Disk 1 but oh well.

Tim Rogers, you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZefYEaNUJ7w

Highly worth any fan's time.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

BrightWing posted:

Today I learned the NIN lb3 Chimatsuri is an FF8 refrence.

Goes back to 7 actually, Yuffie had Bloodfest as well.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
I'll accept it as a tradeoff for the back half of the game making a LOT more sense in War of the Lions.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

i didn't like it. just changes everything so it can fit into the ff14 lore.

I felt the same, good thing the raids are excellent

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
The XIV Ivalice story sucks and should be ignored.

The raids own, and the game's main story is really good.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Oh man, a race to the bottom! :dance:

I'd replay FF8 over CC any day of the week, I prefer batshit to weird.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Schwartzcough posted:

There was no reason everyone in the game world was tripping over themselves to fellate Squall about how great he was. He's more like a bully who is mean-spirited because of his own low self-esteem than he was a "shy, vulnerable" teenager. And he was only as competent as he was at everything because of Protagonist Syndrome. Man that story was bad on so many levels.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mega64 posted:

Finally, a good mainline Final Fantasy game.

First time for everything!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Nephzinho posted:

FF8 is such a broken mess that I have to pick how i'm going to break it differently eacch playthrough.

Ain't it the best :allears:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

They should have gotten the LUCT and FFXII translator for WotL instead of someone doing a bad imitation.

IIRC Alexander O Smith’s the name.

Can't... tell... if...

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Rirse posted:

Can we all agree that every Final Fantasy is good, except 11.

11 owns actually

Help Im Alive posted:

People should play RPGs like normal human beings on their first playthroughs imo

This makes FF8 harder, don't do this

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Sweet, sweet child of summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Marche is a terrible villain, he was absolutely right and did nothing wrong :colbert: