Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Plus people (not me) seem to love Re:Coded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Stoic and awkward sexy pose all at once. Like a beautiful rose.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Pureauthor posted:

Ipsen's Castle?

Freya was the one who was kicked to the curb, hard. Quina's resolution was small but her character arc was small so it fit.

Quina's worth having if only for her marriage to Vivi.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Syrant posted:

I've been trying to avoid spoilers but is there any word on how extensive Fang's involvement in XIII-3 is? That whole 30 second cutscene in XIII-2 was some serious bullshit. Please tell me she sticks around in some fashion.

I don't know much if anything about the plot. But the her theme on the soundtrack is Fang's theme -The Boss- so I assume she's the boss of a group of bandits or something.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

There's a demo out for Gaga Returns: Final Fantasy XIII on the Japanese PSN if anyone's interested.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's like having your cake and having sex with it too!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The article I got the mooglesuit from also has two more costume pictures.

and

These two look kinda neat at least.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/26/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-demo-wacky-moogle-costume-now/

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I think it's more what Toriyama has been saying than the actual devs.

Second one looks alright, I dunno what's going on with the first one but it's not like terrible or anything.

It's like she's the Norse Terminator or something

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've been listening to the soundtrack and it's good. I just miss Caius's theme too much from XIII-2. It's me, I'm the reason they don't stop having latin in songs.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think the worst one is the Aeris costume being only available if you bought the guide. That's just nasty.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Perhaps there's a mustache/glasses combo item.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Winks posted:

Aw, I didn't know this. :(

There's a chance we in the not-Japan will be able to get it without the guide but I'm not crossing my fingers.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

That loving Sned posted:

I'd love to see a trailer that says "You can now MOVE in combat!".

If you can't be bothered to watch the video, the four face buttons do different attacks. Using L1 or R1 will switch to a different class, and change the four abilities you can use. Each class needs time to recharge, so you should switch between them often.

Woah! Slow down that sounds WAY too complicated!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oh hey, you can access a different set of costumes in the demo. There's the red mage looking one, the dragoon wearing shades, and another that I have no idea.

edit: Just managed to do a counter as the dragoon when guarding. That's pretty cool

Squallege fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Nov 27, 2013

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Oh drat, I need to check this out later that sounds pretty sweet.

I found that the one that has a floral pattern has no guard but it does have a pretty good dodge. The dragoon if you do... something will follow up its attack (probably a specific combo) with a finishing move that'll do at least 2000 damage. You can also edit the colors in the demo but for the dragoon it was specific parts of the costume. I have no idea about the red mage though. I think I accidentally threw it away.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Can you equip the same costume multiple times or is it limited? Like could you go from Red Dragoon to Blue Dragoon?

Doesn't seem that you can double up on one set. Unless there's more than one dragoon costume you can purchase in the full game.

Squallege fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 27, 2013

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I absolutely hate the end of the final dungeon for VII. I may not have done all the extra bosses or gotten Knights of the Round but I was able to get Ultima Weapon and the goddamn Iron Giants would murder me nearly every time. I was even able to beat the game somehow but coming back to it the dungeon is too brutal.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

That is not going to happen. Toriyama is not a magical genie, nor is he the dread cthulhu. If FFXV sucks it will suck on its own merits.

I don't know, I can see Noctis and his group stopping about mid game to don their ceremonial moogle dresses and worship the Goddess Claire Farron.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Pesky Splinter posted:

Toriyama has no involvement in XV, thankfully.

I laughed way too hard at this.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oh man I can't read that but February is so far away.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sex_Ferguson posted:

To be fair that logic sort of did work with Dissidia and Theatrhythm, because gently caress do I love poo poo that are just love letters to ongoing series.

Dissidia was really fun though. Gabranth or bust!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I got bored with FFXIV whenever to reach the next class level I had to level up dragoon to level 15. This patch might bring me back in.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Did somebody say X-2?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Defiance Industries posted:

The original PC release had a bug where the FMV where the Weapons first show up crashes your game if you're running at anything more than the smallest resolution (which I guess was what it ran on when it was on PSX). I hope they weren't too lazy to fix that, at least.

I remember this bug. It kept me from actually beating FFVII until I finally bought a PSX copy on eBay and played it on the PS3.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Someone has to

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Toriyama was one of the writers on FFX and straight up director for FFX-2. It's pretty likely he'd work on FFX-3.

Did he like, get hit in the head by a bowling ball while cleaning out his closet? What happened after FFX-2?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It has been a few years since I played it. I guess that's what the HD collection is really for.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

That loving Sned posted:

gently caress it, I'm just going to play FFX International in PCSX2. Someone has been streaming the game, and I watched the intro cutscene. Tidus and Yuna's faces look off compared to the PS2 version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCWSLa2g0d8

Hahahaha I can't wait!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Pesky Splinter posted:

Hey, that's not true - for X-3, they've promised to keep her as she was in X-2:

See? Same as she ever was. :downs:

Oh good! I was worried for a mo- HEY!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Armor-Piercing posted:

Based on what? We're getting international version content for X and X-2.

As well as the Final Mixes of the Kingdom Hearts games.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The GIG posted:

I prefer to imagine every time he tried he either was too late or showed up at the wrong time. Goes to the bad end future in that one expansion of 11, shows up right before the end of Lightning Returns, Jumps into 14 1.0 just as Dalamud opens up, has to wait for 15 to even exist. Just jumping around getting frustrated everyone is beating him to the punch.

I'm on board only if he meets Gilgamesh at some point.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My hope, no, my dream is for someone to use SFM to animate the blitzball bomb scene from that novel.

Squallege fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 4, 2014

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

1st AD posted:

Can someone please explain to me why Gackt is so popular to Japanese and weeaboos? His music is the most derivative and boring adult contemporary rock schlock I've ever heard.

Because he's a vampire and everyone is simply under his spell.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

RagnarokAngel posted:

One of my favorite things about Crisis Core is how it retroactively turns the Buster Sword into something legendary instead of just a sword. It makes FF7 kinda funny since in the first hour Cloud will inevitably go "Eh." and throw it out for something new.

Zack's best weapon is the Beach Umbrella and Cloud's is the Bat with Nails in it.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Yes! Yes!!!!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
We've already known about the Yuna costume but it was reported today that it's a preorder bonus along with the Cloud costume from Amazon.
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/21/yunas-final-fantasy-x-outfit-confirmed-lightning-returns-america/

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Lightning had emotions beyond 'punching Snow'?

Is stoic an emotion?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly, I don't think so.

Type-0 is a Monster Hunter style game. Those are not unpopular but not hugely popular either and especially in Japan they're more likely to want it on a handheld instead of a console because of the culture there. So you'd effectively be devoting the resources to an HD version (including dubbing it for the first time) for a game that is unlikely to fly off the shelves.

At least now I know I'm not missing anything. Monster Hunter's BORING

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

Who wasn't showing flesh in that game?

The Judges are the most clothed people in the game and they had no other choice than to be.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot there was a female judge.

Squallege fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Fister Roboto posted:

You'd think they could make it look less like she's picking her nose too.

It's the typical "nose goes" pose.