Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Somebody post the concept art for X2 with the awesome if slightly racist dresspheres that didnt make the final cut of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

1st AD posted:

The music used in the SNES Final Fantasies is perfect IMO and I'm glad that all the remakes haven't bothered with trying to gussy them up with real instruments.

Yes and no. Yes the music was perfect, but modern updates with real instruments have all been just as good or even better (ex: the gilgamesh song in FF12)

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Brasseye posted:

The steam version of FF8 promises chocobo mode. Does anyone know what this is? I really liked FF8 at the time but can never seem to make it past the sorceress mission in Galbadia when I try to re play it.

I hope it's just a turbo button where you can make walking, battles, cinematics, etc. go 8x faster and also that they include that mode for every re-release

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Majorian posted:

Yeah, at this point there's no way a remake could possibly live up to my or any other fan's expectations, anyway. Anything less than 100% perfection would be a disappointment, just because the game deserves to be remade absolutely, 100% perfectly.

Square probably just doesn't want modern audiences to play through FF6 again since players hold it in high esteem and re-releasing can only harm the game's reputation. The same way players once heralded FF7 as the greatest RPG of all time but now laugh at it as the cross dressing gay rape game.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Nihilarian posted:

It did bring us the best line.

You have no idea how many times I've wanted to say that in video games.

X2 is both ironically the best FF and unironically the best FF

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Terper posted:

Quality hierarchy of the Final Fantasy series:

The best -

The worst - Every game

I agree with this, while adding a corollary that 12 & 13 have skippable cutscenes and so are therefore superior to previous installments.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Pesky Splinter posted:

How's the story "bad" as such? You've mentioned Tidus et al, but what's bad about the actual story? Just the presentation? The pacing, characters, the actual narrative itself? Just curious, that's all.

I mean, I can think of many things I didn't like about X, but to me it feels more...I dunno, better put together, more cohesive than something like XIII, and a lot tighter than XII.

It's dad issues: the game, but because japan your dad is a giant space whale and you're some kind of ghost.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Don't know if we've talked about it yet but they released the trophy list for FFX and FFX2 HD

FFX

quote:

Gold
Master Linguist – Find all 26 Al Bhed Primers
Perfect Sphere Master – Complete the Sphere Grids for all Main Characters :stare:
Perseverance – Defeat Penance
Overcoming the Nemesis – Defeat Nemesis
The Eternal Calm – Defeat Yu Yevon

Silver
A Journey’s Catalyst – View “Eternal Calm”
Mega Strike – Deal 99999 damage with one attack
Chocobo Master – Get 5 treasure chest during the Chocobo Race at Remiem Temple and win the race
Sphere Master – Complete a Sphere Grid for one character
Blitzball Master – Unlock all slot reels
Learning! – Learn to use all enemy abilities
Summon Master – Obtain all Aeons
Weapon Master – Obtain all Celestial Weapons :bang:

X2

quote:

Gold
Giant Tower – Reach the 80th floor of Iutycyr Tower and defeat the boss
Monster Masher – Complete Shinra’s Bestiary :stonk: if this includes oversouls
Founder – Defeat Trema
Machine of War – Defeat Vegnagun
Sweet Perfection – Complete 100% of the main story

Silver
Tonberry’s Treasure – Obtain treasure in the Tonberry area
The Gunner – Reach the highest level (LVMAX) in Gunner’s Gauntlet
Full Chain – Achieve a 99 chain attack :confused:
Overkill – Deal 99999 damage with one attack :aaa: is this even possible in X2????
Chocobo Whisperer – Catch the Amazing Chocobo
Sphere Hunter – Obtain all Dresspheres
Dancing Queen – Obtain Magical Dancer, Vol. II

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Feb 1, 2014

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Sex_Ferguson posted:

It is possible to do 99999 damage in X-2, but it's through a ridiculous series of shenanigans, equipment grinding and mascot usage.

Forgot about mascot since it's so :shrug: compared to the other endgame setups considering it's prerequisites. Any of the mascot break damage limit attacks + cat nip isn't so bad now that I think about it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

FF10 looks like a bigger pain in the rear end to plat.

Agreed, X2 is basically 100% the game while X looks like 100% the game and then do dozens of hours of grinding on top of that.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Sefal posted:

I think 5 chests at Remiem is the most difficult. I have never been able to get all 5 chests and win

I remember doing this back in the day, just took a couple tries to figure out the right path. There's no real skill involved, just find a youtube of which turns to make and it should be pretty easy.

laplace posted:

I'm playing FFXHD on my vita right now and maybe it's my Blue Mage bias violently blocking my vision but Kimhari is the most useful/versatile member of my party right now.

I remember liking him for the very small amount of time I played on PS2 back around release as well.

But then again I'm one of those weirdos who's FFIX endgame party is Zidane-Quina-Freya-Amarant so there is a genuine possibility I'm crazy.

Stone breath is pretty useful for getting rid of rear end in a top hat monsters if you're just trying to complete the game; efficiency-wise however you should be capturing everything. I think ejection kick against the bikanel sarlaac is the only real efficient use of kimahri in the whole game.

I'm kinda bummed that one of the trophies is "complete sphere grid with all main characters" because otherwise i'd just unlock steal and use then ignore him

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Dragonatrix posted:

Considering this is almost definitely just the weapons themselves, and not fully powering them up, this is not even remotely difficult. There's separate ones for a few of the sigils; the chocobo racing and 200 thunderbolts for example. Though the racing one is worded to sound harder than it is - the description says to get a time of 0:0:0 when it almost definitely means below it.

Oddly not one for the loving butterflies, though. Probably for the best.

Excellent point; i hope you're right.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Redoing Blitzball to get that Mars Sigil is going to be one of the worst experiences of my video game life.

Jupiter sigil and if Dragonatrix' post is correct then I'm not doing it. we'll still have to play blitzball to get wakka's overdrives but hopefully not more than that. Just gonna grind out zanmato levels or see if max sphere grid characters are enough to take out penance without learning how to attack reels.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Don't know if we've talked about it yet but they released the trophy list for FFX and FFX2 HD

FFX
Perfect Sphere Master – Complete the Sphere Grids for all Main Characters

Apparently this means you have to completely fill in and activate every node with every character :bang:

Expert sphere grid has 805 nodes x 7 characters which is terrible but the standard grid has 860.

e: :stonk: at the implications for fortune spheres

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 3, 2014

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Sefal posted:

You get a white sphere or something like that which can rewrite a node with anything you want. That trophy just means a lot of farming at that monster taming place.

yep but you need luck to defeat the superbosses. so

1) grind for luck/fortune spheres required to defeat the dark aeons and penance
2) grind for gil to buy clear spheres (and circumvent grinding for more fortune spheres)
3) grind for mdef or some other lovely stat to complete the sphere grid and get the trophy

to get platinum you'll literally need to grind to erase the grinding you just did.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

AllisonByProxy posted:

They are based on the international re-releases. You can view the changes/additions here:
http://www.finalfantasy.net/x/international-content-final-fantasy-xx2/

Also, in the US at least, they come as a package so you can't get one without the other.

The only thing I wanted (skippable cutscenes) doesn't appear to have been implemented :(

GreatRedSpirit posted:

gently caress all that. Grand summon Yojimbo and give him huge wads of cash and hope he does Zanmato. If he doesn't, reload. He'll use Zanmato long before it would become better to grind. I read a FF10 Yojimbo guide a few months back and posted a summary and the results were that Zanmato wasn't that rare. Get him in Overdrive, pay him a couple grand, and never let him die / pay him zero would be enough for a decent Zanmato chance. The answers you give when you get him alter the chance too. I'll see if I can find the post again.

The real brutal part is still getting the 5000 sphere items to activate all the spheres in the grid (not counting replacing locks, filling empty holes, and fortune spheres. gently caress fortune spheres), capture 10 of every god drat mother loving rare encounter enemy in the game, and (assuming the worst) powering up all of the celestial weapons.

edit: Found it here.

I read that you can't use zanmato on dark yojimbo; or you can but the fight is structured that you'd need to get 5 in a row without reloads so it's not realistic and you'll need to grind out luck/fortune spheres.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Sefal posted:

Not permanently. They are just blocked off by super bosses.

You can't return to bevelle so if you miss the destruction sphere there you can't unlock anima. There's also a few language primers in al bhed home that you can't get to again.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

List of people who don't like FF13:

-People who loooooooove anime stories and are outraged that FF13 didn't live up to their lofty anime expectations
-People who like wandering around aimlessly or looking up on gamefaqs where to go next
-People who complain the combat consists only of mashing auto battle, but also complain that battles are too difficult and take too long and no i dont see any connection :confused:

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Aurain posted:

My favourite part of XIII/XIII-2's combat system is how when you're fighting an enemy you may want to use a Sentinel on to tank, for example, Behemoths really early on in 13-2, your squishies will automatically move next to the Sentinel and get splattered by its cleaving attacks, all but making it pointless.

Sentinels kinda suck but it's really easy to have snow be a commando, rush in to attack, then switch him to sentinel while he's away from your other two.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

This. This so loving hard. Hmm yes let's have conical / aoe attacks but not let the player manually adjust their positioning. Certain enemies could be braindead easy or painful depending on where your party members decided to stand.

Just target the one in the middle.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

The only mainline FF games I haven't played yet are FF13 and FF13-2. With Lightning Returns coming up soon I figure I might want to try those out for myself. Am I correct in understanding that the negatives, at least for the first one, are pretty much "linearity; handholding; obtuse story"? I don't really mind any of the three, as long as it's entertaining to play (and the combat system looks interesting, anyway).

that's correct; 13 does away with all the "fluff" like towns, NPCs, minigames, etc. Another common complaint was that the battle system was too difficult (for an ff game) and that there was no way to break the game and become stupid powerful.

13-2 was the exact opposite and included all the non-linearity and JRPG fluff that gamers blasted 13 for lacking, and was also a terrible game, go figure.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Who cares if there's towns or not. looking up on gamefaqs to go into random house #4 to talk to some NPC's cat to continue the game isn't fun at all.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Barudak posted:

Town in this case is shorthand for opportunity to stop fighting, decompress, do sidequests and interact with the world/environment instead of being pushed constantly forward into fights. Town doesn't mean everyone misses NPC hunts although FFXIII did manage to shove that into its incredibly linear design with the baby-chocobo hunt which is sort of goddamn impressive when you think about it.

Outside of FF8's card game people only complain about lightning dodging or blitzball or raising chocobos so I'm always confused whenever fans list "no minigames" as a con for FF13

Pesky Splinter posted:

There needs to be a balance; XIII's "Never interact with anything ever to distract from anything", and XIII-2's "Endless cavalcade of poo poo-to-do" were just two extremes.

Things like towns help to give the player a chance to digest the plot, or do something different, or something not necessarily related to the main quest. That sorta thing opens up to world building and the sort...which isn't to say I personally like the particular example you've said, but there are ways of going about it.

13's story was garbage, did anyone really want MORE world building? other genres get by fine without breaks in the gameplay; I don't see why they're so essential to JRPGs

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Schwartzcough posted:

Yeah, you're making some serious straw-man arguments here. Towns are places to hear funny little stories from the residents, watch dancers perform, go hunting for pianos, check out stores to decide how to spend your money, leisurely explore all the nooks and crannies for items hidden in pots, get turned into a frog, get dressed up in drag, play cards with people, hunt for sidequest hooks, seduce a moogle using a moogle suit to get treasures, play hide-and-seek with your thieving team mate, etc. It's all the stuff that makes you feel invested in the WORLD instead of simply what attacks to use on what monsters.

i think maybe i just hate JRPGs

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, I've tried both of those, and it doesn't fix the issue. I've also tried a file system restore. Same thing happens even after that. I'm pretty much out of ideas, barring me completely reformatting my PS3.

Have you tried swapping out for a new disc? I'd prefer that to formatting

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Impatom, do you have any idea of the endgame grind for Lightning Returns for the optional superbosses, what that entails and how tedious it will be?

also sorry if you already answered this, but is the battle system "fun" with regards to pace and challenge?

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Man, March is going to be a busy month for me with RPGs between Dark Souls 2 and the FFX/X-2 HD remasters. I had a 200+ hour save in FFX when it first came out. It's my second favorite FF after 12.

Dark Souls 1 was a mess when it was released so I have no reservations about waiting for DS2 to get a few rebalance patches before picking it up

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Syrant posted:

I can't decide which Sphere Grid I want to use. On one hand I want to try out something new, on the other I want to relive going through the game mostly the same as it was (I had been wanting to play through it again but news of the re-release stayed my hand every time). I mean, eventually you end up going into everyone elses sphere grid, anyway.

The nights I spent getting everything for King Cactuar, Overdrive->AP, and the damage-to-overdrive-charge are a blur to me but I remember that pretty much being the end for any challenge to completing the sphere grid. 99 sphere levels per battle.

If you intend on getting platinum (fill in every node with every character) you should use the international grid because there are fewer nodes

Having unlimited AP helps but that's not the grindy part for getting platinum. You need to fill in every node so you either clear the luck nodes and fill them in with MDEF or grind for fortune spheres for all your characters. Oh, and there's a trophy for defeating penance so you'll need to grind out fortune spheres for at least 3 characters (then clear them after defeating penance and fill them in with MDEF)

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Dragonatrix posted:

Haha, I did the same thing. Sat there with a guide open the entire time, and still only got 99% to display at the end. Figured I must've somehow missed like one of those scenes in the Chapter 4 spheres or something.

Those are, by far, the worst part about trying to 100% X-2. Not the cutscene skip thing, not interrupting Maechen, not anything else. Those loving spheres.

There was a guide on gamefaqs that intentionally or unintentionally did not inform the player to "rest" in the airship in chapter 4.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Technically has more nodes? How cool is this flexibility? Can I really go far out and give people some weird skills early in?

There are more than enough nodes in both grids to have max stats assuming you arne't a dumb idiot using break HP limit or break MP limit. there's really no reason to use standard; expert lets you teach auron haste really early or kimahri steal

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

precision posted:

I never used him in the original, why exactly is Kimhari so bad anyway? Is Blue Magic just not good in X or are his problems deeper than that?

Also would it be viable to make Rikku a heavy hitting fighter instead of thief/chemist?

Because in the original game he didn't have a sphere grid to go down so you pretty much had to wait until you picked up enough key spheres to unlock rikku's grid to make him effective and by then he is waaaaaay behind. Otherwise you had learned ultima 10% of the way through the game but had a laughable magic stat and no MP. The blue magic Stone Breath is one of the best attacks in the game but blue magic becomes extremely inefficient once you unlock the calm lands and capture weapons.

Yes with the expert grid you can send rikku down a fighter path pretty easily but it is a waste since items and stealing are extremely effective and Auron Tidus Wakka are already more than sufficient at fighting.

Brasseye posted:

The beforeiplay wiki thing for FFX says to avoid Yuna because summons are useless. I'm going to use her anyway because summons are really fun but I could have sworn I remember some of them being really powerful.

that's dumb. aeon overdrives are the easiest way to get overkills which are extremely useful for getting double AP and double items from boss fights.

e: don't use them for regular fights since you want to charge up auron/tidus' slayer bars for don tonberry levelling, but you should be overkilling every boss and the easiest way to do that is aeons

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Mar 20, 2014

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

No sane man would blitz until he can recruit Brother.

Worth playing right after the forced story game to get attack reels early, both for the damage and so you can practice the timing for the monster arena and dark aeons.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Brasseye posted:

I've seen some good tips in here on how to break FFX (poison is really powerful, aeon overdrives) but anyone have any tips on powerful moves for X-2? Any monsters or dress sphere combos that could make the game easier?

Lady Luck - Congrats is a free bribe which works on most enemies including lots of bosses
Dark Knight - Darkness + Alchemist Megapotion is basically unkillable and will ignore enemy defenses
Somebody posted the new expansion will let you farm iron dukes easily which will basically make every class OP

ImpAtom posted:

The International Version changed this. You're afflicted with Berserk and Slow now when it is equipped.

I have 100%d X2 (NA) like 4x or 5x and still have no idea how you're supposed to kill a Mega Tonberry without cat nip.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh yeah, something some people don't pick up on immediately in FFX: try to have every character do something in every battle, even if it's just tossing a potion or defending for a turn. AP doesn't get split at all, so if a character sits out a fight it just means that they miss out on the AP.

Also if you really want to sperg out, put your three fastest characters (usually Rikku, Tidus, and Yuna) in the active slots after each battle. That way you can you can tag them out for Lulu or Auron to get rid of enemies before they have a chance to act.

I'll raise you one step further and suggest you should swap your characters in to build their overdrive counts: for example if yuna doesn't have comrade yet swap her in just before the enemy turns (for the don tonberry trick) or make sure lulu is in at the end of the battle until she gets victor (so you can use overdrive->ap with victor while you are capturing monsters)

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Xenogenesis posted:

For all those dreading FFX lightning dodging:

1) Get a No-Encounters item. Easiest place way is defeating Geosgaeno after returning to Baaj temple at about a 50% drop rate. Before that it's possible for Ghosts in the Yojimbo cave to drop them, but that's a rare fight at about a 2% rare drop rate so uh, no.

2) Look at . The first image is the bottom screen of the plains, the second is the top. Stand at one of the places marked 3x lightning; there lightning will reliably strike about every 5 seconds, keeping the quest short and easy as your reflexes will always be primed.

endorsing this and also suggesting you mute your TV

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

precision posted:

You could also just Flee from every battle, the lack of battle load times makes FFX one of the easiest games to backtrack in.

So I just got lucky and got Lulu's Initiative weapon dropped from a Cactuar, do you get double the chance for a Pre-emptive Attack if two characters have Initiative or is it pointless to double up?

it's 75% chance normal, 12.5% pre-emptive, 12.5% ambushed

intiative gives you 75% normal, 25% pre-emptive

doesn't stack with 2x initiative but still totally worth it. I usually customize initiative and first strike on someone and then swap them out for murder party

ShadeofDante posted:

So, I lost my Sun Sigil. On my way back from getting it in 15 minutes, a Malboro or whatever ambushed me and I thought I could take him out. My team murdered each other with poison/berserk/confusion and I lost it.

I spent a good majority of the day trying to win it back, no dice so far. :suicide:

so you completed the chocobo training and then decided to walk to a save sphere instead of riding a no encounters chocobo?? ouch

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

GreatRedSpirit posted:

And when you're done capturing monsters in the Omega Ruins and heading back to save :suicide: gently caress great malboros

Basically have somebody with No Encounters equipped at all times when doing post-game stuff unless you're just about to fight something or intentionally looking for random fights.

No encounters is pretty overrated. Efficiency wise you need to find a jillion battles both to capture monsters and to meet the battle requirement for jupiter sigil. the only time I use no encounters is if there are no more capturable monsters in an area or doing a sigil minigame.

Great Marlboro ambushes are annoying but you shouldn't go into omega ruins without first strike. just first strike + provoke or first strike + summon.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Feral posted:

Any advice on getting through the Gunner's Gauntlet in FFX-2? I got up to 409 points once but loving hell I hate this minigame and I"m tired of redoing it. :argh:

Hide in that one spot and use a screenkill shot whenever an enemy who drops screenkill ammo is on the screen

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Dream Zanarkand is a summon. It's a really big-rear end summon but it's no different from any other summon, except it is being constantly summoned instead of waiting for Yuna to call it in.

Spira doesn't have the technology to go far beyond their shores because Sin can and will wreck the poo poo out of anything that tries.

It'd be sick if the fayth were fighting a tonberry and then just dropped a zanarkand on him

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

I just played 7 league blitzball games then while trying to figure out how to forfeit, must have hit some combination of buttons and done a soft reset without saving. :suicide:

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Syrant posted:

How should I go about trying to catch malboros at all? I had a TPK with one earlier because I was an idiot and lost an hours worth of monster hunting (that's on me, though), do I pretty much have to wait until I get ribbon or confuseproof and/or auto med?

First strike + provoke. Provoked Malboros don't use bad breath so long as you don't swap the provoker out.

Initiative is better than first strike in 99% of cases but Great Malboros in Omega Ruins will ambush you regardless of initiative so you need first strike there

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Dr Pepper posted:

Is it just me or did they make the window for dodging Lightning Bolts smaller? :shepicide:

The window isnt smaller but a 5MS+ delay from an HDTV certainly isn't helping.

This and the sphere grid ones are the only ones holding me up.

e: this might help, spot where the bolts are based on location instead of timing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bzI_sbsTXI

Technomancer posted:

Magic's not really useful here (jumbo flan). Teach Anima Haste and Dispel, and some curing ability (Lancet or Curaga). When the fight begins, have Anima haste itself and abuse Pain, which should do 99,999 damage. If the Flan casts Regen on itself, Dispel it immediately, otherwise it will soon heal 100,000+ pts per attack, making this fight unwinnable. Flan will also eventually cast Reflect on Anima, just ignore it, or use Lancet if you need to heal yourself. But at this point, even Flan's Ultima is doing less than 1,000 damage to Anima, which has 25,000+ HP.

It's just a pretty long and boring fight.

Jumbo flan also has no resistance to slow. Easiest way is to give one of your characters auto reflect then cast slow on them, or toss a silver/gold hourglass.

e: that being said, magic is really tedious to max and there's absolutely no reason to since blitz ace hits through Neslug's shell

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

SpectreGhost posted:

Going for the platinum is... time-consuming as gently caress. I'm probably not the most efficient runner when it comes to this game, even though I've done it all before except for International content. I'm currently at 105 hours and I'm just now starting to fill in empty nodes on the expert sphere grid. Only other things left to do are:

• Kill Ultima Weapon/Buster.
  • Customize more armor for some stupid fights ahead.
  • Kill Nemesis.
  • Kill Dark Aeons. (except Dark Valefor)
  • Kill Penance.
  • Leave the Monster Arena for once and get the Al Bhed Primer in Omega Ruins.
  • Never 100% this game again.

Yeah. Yeah. Naw. Never.

All I have left is to fill in the grids and I'm at 66 hours. Some efficiency tips:
  • Capturing monsters is really tedious but you can make it efficient by also using overdrive -> AP and slayer/victor
  • Re: armor - If you beat superbosses "legit" you need 3-4 perfect armors per character (some combination of auto-haste, auto-protect, stoneproof, sleepproof, defense +20%, auto-potion, auto-phoenix, or ribbon), if you're willing to zanmato then you only need need to defeat dark yojimbo "legit" and so only need 1 armor with auto-haste
  • Assume you're maxing the sphere grid, go ahead and max most of your stats but magic and luck are really tedious and you can kill every monster in the game without having to pump those