Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
:11tea:

A teapot...why a teapot?

And who is Zoro? :zoro:

It's clearly not that guy in the black cape with the sword...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
No one's asked about it, but it might be worth mentioning because I see it getting talked about every now and then.

This guy here? ---> :ohdear:

Those aren't big, buck teeth...those are his hands held in front of his face, because he's worried. Apparently lots of goons see those as teeth, for some loving reason.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Huh. I had only heard about that gooncamp trip, never read the thread...I gotta say, learning it was visible because goons were peeking into the tent vent (and not just because the tent was somehow see-through) makes it a bit different.

Well that explains my question, which was "how did they know it was but sex and not just regular sex?"

But I guess if people were actually peeking through vent holes and sit, and not just seeing silhouettes, then that explains it!

Of course, it's also possible they went around telling people it was anal...either after or during...

"Yo goons, havin' some sweet-rear end rear end-sex with my girlfriend in this here tent! Come on over for a show!"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Speleothing posted:

I also used to think that :wtc: was a heavily-distorted Lowtax.

I still see it as Carlos Mencia.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Toast Museum posted:

The line of text above that is being said by whatever's in the image below it.

This is an example.
___________/

I prefer using non-breakable spaces instead of underscores.

Like this.
                /

Yeah, I've never liked that first way...doesn't make sense. The second one reminds me of comics and such, but what's up with that first one? Why is there the horizontal line?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Shine posted:

Because normal spaces don't work and most people don't know about the non-breakable ones, so they use shitloads of underscores.

Ahh...

Can anyone tell me what this gang-tag is from:

I assume something related to chemistry or maybe atomic physics?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

S-Alpha posted:

A bunch of SA offshoot stuff requires you to put a code in your profile to verify that you are who you say, or link your account, or whatever. Off the top of my head, Goonwaffe (EVE Online stuff) and the PSN Goon Database are two things that require it.

The SA Secret Santa thread, too.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Why is the witch crying?

:witch:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Itchy Bear Dong posted:

That brown spot? thats a wart.

Huh...well I'll be.

That spot, combined with the odd shape of the mouth, makes it look like she is crying and sort of holding her mouth all agape.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I just found out someone bought a loving reddit/4Chan troll face meme smiley.

When, why, and where do I live so I may punish them?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

It seems that you're taking this a bit harshly. Perhaps you are, dare I say it, mad?

I thin I am...bro.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I've likened it to that movie, The Purge.

Give the FYADers a couple days each year to poo poo post to their heart's content in GBS, and it reduces the overall poo poo posting the rest of the year dramatically.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

Should be an easy CSS fix.

So what you're saying is that the fix will totally break the forums again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

peepsalot posted:

this one? :burger:

pretty sure its a burger

I think he means :goonsay:

It apparently takes a lot of people a good long time to realize it's some goony mother gently caress in glasses, and the little "/" is indicating that whatever was just quoted is goony as gently caress. Like so:

quote:

Blah blah blah anime. Blah blah bitcoin.
:goonsay: