Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

What's the deal with :bunt:?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Thwomp posted:

Is it wrong that I've always found :catstare: to be not cat ears but a :stare: with a giant, evil, villain-like collar?

Going strictly by the code for it, yes.

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Ok, probably gonna get made fun of for this but what does YOSPOS stand for?

Since I don't think anyone answered this seriously, and I hate fun, it acutally stands for 'Your OS is a POS', which is much more self-explanatory.

Ariong has a new favorite as of 00:04 on Sep 8, 2012

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

:zoid:
:yosbutt:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Met posted:

Why do so many people have this avatar?

If you have to ask, you'll never know.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

pageerror404 posted:

Not a smiley, but can someone explain this image?

I have seen several people use it (and variations of it) as avatars.

I can see your ruse.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Club Sandwich posted:

I just saw this referenced in an a/t thread and I was wondering what the story behind :sax: is? For further context, someone asked what differentiated a conspiracy theorist goon from :sax: and someone replied "about 400 dollars."

Kyoon is a crazy person who keeps buying accounts and making threads.

Kyoon sounds like the noise a sax makes.

:sax:kyooon~

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Koala's are always high as gently caress and loaded with STDs. Nothing short of a dinosaur extinction level event will kill those filthy bastards.

Reported for mod sass.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

so how long are we gonna keep :human being: around?

We've gotten rid of better emotes, that people paid for, for worse reasons than "the emote code is a literal slur"

This made me check to see if they got rid of the flipped awesomeface emote with that same slur in its code. They did, along with the regular one.

Didn’t get em all though!
:awesomelon:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Rust Martialis posted:

Frankly I can understand the desire to ease a loved pet out of life when it becomes suffering. My vet offered a home visit for such cases, or they would sedate the animal in the car before bringing them inside.

I don't condone it, but I understand the reason.

If you've never held a pet as they were put to sleep, I wouldn't be so quick to judge. You aren't going to be cool and dispassionate in his situation.

Yeah, that's all well and good up until the human painkillers you feed your dog have an adverse effect on their dog anatomy and they die in agony! What are you talking about?! People aren't making fun of the person because they didn't want their dog to suffer, we're making fun of them because they did it in the dumbest way possible!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Jizzing in the 90’s!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

IUG posted:

How are people getting the pentacle for Platinum Users, and how do I sign up?

An admin needs to change it manually. I think they don't do it anymore because it could break something.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

oh hell yeah, I did the same with my work slack. :eyepop: and :eyepoop: get a lot of mileage, especially after I explained the second one to confused coworkers

Can you explain the second one to a confused forum poster? I understand what it is, but I don’t know what you’re supposed to use it for.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

If you’re browsing on mobile, you don’t see av text.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Get an Android phone, get the app, get the av text

Huh? I’m on mobile safari and I can see the text under people’s avatars just fine.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

cock hero flux posted:

accept that you have to wear hitler's coat in order to defeat nature

most of us do not have that option and no matter how little we care about looking like hitler, we cannot avoid the wrath of poseidon

your great grandfather has given you both great power and a great burden, bear it proudly. wear that coat everyday, walking with a confident stride that says "though I may look like hitler, I am not, nor do I wish to be, I wear this hitler coat for purely practical reasons"

enhance this effect by sewing the words "NOT HITLER" into the back of it

Just be sure to put both NOT and HITLER on the same side of the coat. Failing that, at least make sure everyone you meet sees the NOT side first.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Yes, a common topic of conversation in the TV tropes forums was whether rape would be justified in different extremely contrived and bizarre scenarios specifically designed to justify rape. Like, “so aliens are going to blow up the Earth unless you rape this person, is it okay to do a rape then???”

At least, that’s how I remember it. Does anyone have a link to the TV Tropes mock thread? I’m sure that it got weird and awful in the end like all mock threads that don’t peter out naturally, but there was probably some funny stuff in the middle worth revisiting.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Why are there two slightly different :brainworms: smilies, both of which have the same code?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

That five bucks one must be new. I've seen the 10 and 20 ones for years, but I've never seen the five one before. Also, it looks really weird and bad.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Wow, you'd think I'd remember it considering that someone explicitly bought it as a direct response to one of my posts! A post that, to put it nicely, did not age well. Great thread though, thanks for reminding me of that. Now I kinda miss my cyberwizard avatar.

I guess it's better now that I know the flickering is intentional. I would like it better if it were :fivecyberbux: rather than just :fivecbux: so it's self-explanatory.

Ariong has a new favorite as of 18:41 on Oct 29, 2020

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Why do we have :birddrugs: and :goshawk:?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Any idea what goshawk means?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Goshawk is my character's name :toot:

Oh, neat. In DnD, or what?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Neito posted:

I think I might've been conflating it with Warren Buffet's also very real Unlimited McDonald's Card. https://www.rd.com/article/mcdonalds-gold-card/

Welp, time to plan the heist of the century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I demand tell me the origin of :crabdrugs:.