Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

what kind of respawn debuff are we talking here...

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Count Uvula posted:

This is what Scalebound looks like from what little gameplay we've seen, and it's directed by Hideki Kamiya to boot :v: Exciting, though it's xbone exclusive.
They really don't look like similar games at all

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Count Uvula posted:

Open-world RPG with Devil May Cry gameplay is pretty much an exact description of Scalebound, though? It might not be similar to Dragon's Dogma outside of both of them having similar influences, but they have that much in common.

Anyway, I dunno how much basic hacked together modding will do for DD given most of the basic stuff (like making your character look like NPCs or whatever) is already in the game, but I guess we'll at least be able to cheat the Ur-Dragon equipment in to our inventories now.
vague description and actual gameplay are very different things. they showed footage of scalebound where you order a dragon around and it didn't seem like dragons dogma at all. i get that you'd like it to be, but the evidence isn't there

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

why isn't it january already

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Regarding release time: "The game will unlock/release on the same day all at once. In other words, Valve flips the switch and everyone starts the game at same time.
We'll announce the finalized launch date/hour when the Steam pre-purchase offer goes live. That should happen sometime between mid-December but before Christmas. Stay tuned!"

All pre-existing dlc will be packaged in, but there were 2 dlc packages in steam's leaked list - dev's mentioned multiple preorder incentives so expect things like infinite ferry stone to be there.

There's claims that it works on 144Hz monitors, but other titles from the framework maxed at 120Hz so take that with a grain of salt.

There isn't much to say before preorders go up, and there isn't much to say here until the game comes out - especially if you haven't played it before. Hopefully enough people go in blind that the interesting parts of the game are surprises.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

expect mid-late january release and be surprised if its any earlier

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

I've done 2 pure strider runs and they're great for the jumping off cliffs without taking damage, double jump, etc. This time around I guess I'll roll mage and get a pawn to learn off of me, maybe do as many quests as possible so the pawn can help people out. Also makes it easier to dragon forge the pawn's gear.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

That's one of the many mechanics that hopefully people don't find out in advance and we hear great stories about.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

i never touched lvl 100 in any of my playthroughs, spending all that time optimising stats for a build sounds really boring

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

pre-order info is dropping: http://store.steampowered.com/app/367500

quote:

Pre-order now to receive the following:

Digital art book – A complete replica of the Dragon’s Dogma Official Design Works. Over 300 pages of content after content that chronicles the development artwork behind this expansive setting including characters, lore, creatures, and weapon designs, plus rough sketches, key visuals, and plenty of creator commentary. A must-read for any Dragon’s Dogma fan! (Print edition also available on Amazon at $44.99)

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Masterworks Collection - the awe-inspiring digital soundtrack contains 53 songs including a handful of alternate versions not included in the game. The 2+ hour soundtrack has been reauthored from the original source material, and the pre-purchase bonus includes both MP3 (320Kbps/16-bit/48KHz) and FLAC (24-bit/48KHz) lossless formats. (Total download size: 1.74GB)

January 15th release date

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

full faq is up as well: http://steamcommunity.com/app/367500/discussions/0/487877107137271918/

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

mirarant posted:

You can finally silence your minions you monster
the worst option

CJacobs posted:

Fast travel is now much cheaper, although I can't remember if it was also this way in the console versions.

Only one slot inside the game is a bummer, but the game using the traditional file storage system for save files means it's not really a problem.
i'm pretty sure it was 2k/stone in dark arisen, but that doesn't matter now that you can get the eternal ferrystone from storage very quickly

paco650 posted:

Probably to limit one pawn per profile in the Rift. I mean, you can likely switch around profiles just like you could create as many saves as you had storage types on consoles, but it'll overwrite your currently uploaded pawn I'd bet.
yeah the community manager said as much:

quote:

Q) Does the game support more than one save slot?
A) No. The pawn trading system and interaction with the Rift server was designed around a single save and player profile. While hot-swapping save file outside of the game is technically possible, this will cause synchronization issues with the pawn you have uploaded to the Rift or shared out to friends and other community members.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Dexo posted:

I wonder if the Berserk Items are actually gone or "Gone".

Lord knows they probably aren't changing the XML file system the game saves are stored in. those Saves are easy as hell to edit. Maybe they just removed the references in the game to it but leave it on the disk.

Also maybe I can just move my Save from the Xbox Version to the PC Version.
given the effort they're putting in i wouldn't be surprised if the assets are stripped out entirely - especially if they're willing to approve of mod support in advance of release. and the save format is different according to them, but whether that just means the console encryption wrapper is removed is something we'll have to wait and find out

community manager's already said that moving the save file will work, it's just going to cause syncing complications with your pawn

e: also rc is meant to be changed in the game with the removal of the microtransactions, no idea on how it's been changed beyond that part of the system being removed though

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Kiggles posted:

My bet is they are Gone, no quotes. Since it is licensed content it is kinda sorta really important that the content is actually removed from the game.

That said, if only the vendor entries are dummied out, but the 'listing' for the items is still present in the item database, coupled with the models not present, it may technically be possible to effectively re-implement them by stripping the content from PS360 versions, and doing a little fiddling to either CE the item entry on to your character, or possibly XML edit to re-enable them on the vendor.

You will need to do some work on your save data file to get it working on PC. If they actually delisted the Berserk gear from the item database, then any work getting your save on PC is going to be a big task, nevermind do nothing to get you the berserk equipment.
There's also handling pawns across a modified save if they're wearing non-standard armour

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

yeah you're going to have to friend people, still a group could be used to get people together. i'd hold off until nearer release though no rush

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

yeah they've had access for a couple of weeks now, guess they're just getting around to playing it now

here's the player stats: https://steamdb.info/app/367500/graphs/

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

Are there any preorder bonuses? I'd assume probably not but you never know.

I ended up taking my sorcerer down into Bitterblack and it was actually really fun, but I think I might do it as a Fighter. Hm.
there's the 300+ page design works art book, and a soundtrack of 53 songs

details on: http://store.steampowered.com/app/367500 and via the community manager's faq: https://steamcommunity.com/app/367500/discussions/0/487877107137271918/

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

community manager's dropped some more info:
- the art book is pre-order exclusive, soundtrack will go on sale afterwards
- pre-load will be available within a week from release, they haven't locked down a date yet

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Weird the community manager mentioned a feature that hasn't been hinted at or mentioned before:

Community Manager posted:

Content wise, the port team stuffed everything else they possibly can into the base game plus some extra features fans had asked for. That includes new Achievements for high level players (most are post game & BBI-related), customizable item hot keys, graphics and performance enhancements, and other nice-to-have nips and tucks that greatly improves the overall Dragon's Dogma experience.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Adnor posted:

I'd guess that's for the people who play with KB/M, putting items in the numbers.
Yes but they never confirmed it until now:

quote:

Affirmative! Glad someone finally noticed it from the MEGA video. The very first part of the footage shows Savan taking out the lantern without the menu pop-up. My lantern on/off toggle is bound to NUM1. NUM2 and NUM3 has some healing and stamina regen items, NUM4 assigned to Eternal Ferrystone. NUM5 unused at the moment.

So yes, you can customize and assign various items to keys 1 ~ 5. Very handly especially in the heat of combat.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Donkringel posted:

So my original x360 finally RROD, which made me said. Goodnight sweet prince.

I got curious to see if DD was on PC and was pleasantly surprised to see it on Steam. I've tried researching the PC version, but not having much luck. I've already pre-ordered it, but I'm curious, is there any enhancements/new stuff to the PC version?
questions answered: https://steamcommunity.com/app/367500/discussions/0/487877107137271918/

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Mailer posted:

Step 1: Hire level 200 goon pawn
Step 2: Play through boring part of the game
Step 3: BBI
why are steps 2 & 3 the same

are there plans for a new thread for pc release? current op is more focused on showing off expac and includes berserk gear, etc

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Big fan of strider for double vault, forward roll, ensnare, helm splitter, instant reset, etc. Never really ran into defense issues except for the second half of BBI, and it's great to grapple from one hydra's head to the other.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

gibbed posted:

Yeah what I meant was more of avoiding distributing the actual track as part of a mod.
The console version already has a mechanism for handling unknown items, DLC items show up as unknown items when you don't have their compatibility packs installed. I'd assume that's still there in the PC version.
Well the obvious method around the distribution issue is an intro song override that handles a common file format, whether that's easy to implement is another story though.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Nasgate posted:

Didn't the Q&A guy already say you could import saves from consoles? Like not through an official app, but the save files should work? It just might mess with renting out your pawn.
No that was for juggling local saves for multiple characters on a single account.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

lets hang out posted:

you can probably move the save file around yourself, though it might confuse the pawn server a bit
That's pretty much what the unofficial word is on the situation.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

So when can we pre-load?
Week beforehand, so later tomorrow (or saturday to be safe)

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

CJacobs posted:

And even if you don't trust that download since it's from some rando on the internet or whathaveyou, that reddit link contains the location of the file you will have to replace, so you can just do it yourself without the download once the game decrypts on Steam.
Yeah it's 'Tittle_DDN.sngw' which is just an ogg vorgis file that you can play in any player. Expected a dodgy loader but it's a trivial mod.

Wiggly Wayne DDS fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 10, 2016

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Genocyber posted:

I find it hilarious how the game is cracked about a week prior to the release.
Shows there's a lot of interest, although stay the hell away from the pirated copy it's riddled with malware.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Mung Dynasty posted:

I can't remember, is there a -Dangoons- Steam group? If so, can I get in on that?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/buffbeefbroth/
There is however Special seems to have changed the group so anyone can't invite people to it. It's more important to get everyone on your friends list for pawn sharing, so ask people in #dogmagoons or #steamgoons on synirc to add you.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Genocyber posted:

They've straight up said that how well this sells will affect whether they push for a sequel or not.
Yeah they've been reinforcing that: https://steamcommunity.com/app/367500/discussions/0/451850468363901008/#c451850468365194300

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

Do you think if you download the leak and play it you can transfer a save over when the actual game comes out? I already bought it so I basically own the game already, but I figure if I can get a week of play in already I can get a really quick Ur kill in on release day.
Yes, but don't because :filez: and it's full of malware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

StarMinstrel posted:

So, can we unlock this yet by VPNing or...?

Gotta get my fix!
Nah global release in ~6 hours

• Locked thread