Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
Got the game from PS+. Is there any way to remove the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen? They're making me feel ill when playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

So I got used to the bizarre aspect ratio only to feel a massive :spergin: moment come on. So I'm starting over with the vanilla save from GameFAQs and am wondering, since the character details like height and weight have so much effect, is there some target height/weight that I should aim for our is it subtle enough that I shouldn't worry about it?

Also is one class particularly better than another to start out? I don't have my heart set on one class but I'm thinking either Assassin or Mystic Knight.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

Just did the quest where you kill a Griffin. Makes me wonder why I was never able to stick to a game the other times I had the oppotunity to play it.

Started as a Fighter, got Sinew, and went Assassin. I am loving Assassin for the versatility alone. Being able to switch between raining five arrow clusters into my enemies eyes and twisting my sword through the enemy's stomach on a dime is pretty amazing. The Shadow Fort quest has easily been the best moment in the game so far.

My pawn's jumped between Fighter and Strider and I'm kinda at a loss of what to do with her, she seems pretty effective in both roles. Any advice on what NOT to do with pawns? (stuff the AI just won't figure out?)

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

Aurain posted:

I got Dark Arisen the other day on PS+ and started over to do BBI because I'd forgotten how to play. I deleted my new game though because I didn't like my new Arisen and couldn't be bothered to get to the point where I can buy a re customisation because I only got past the creation stage. My Dragon's Dogma 100,000 RC and bonus items are gone on my newest Arisen. I'm guessing those are gone for good now?

Delete your Dark Arisen save file from the XMB. Then it should reimport your vanilla save I think.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

Genocyber posted:

I will fight you. :colbert: It's not as good as Into Free but still pretty great.

I agree with this. I play Into Free on a loop all the time, but the DA theme is wonderfully atmospheric and fits the feel of the opening menus. And it's not often I can describe menus as atmospheric.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

So I just beat the Dragon and I guesss technically beat the game but...

What the gently caress just happened? :psyboom:

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

So I just -actually- beat the game. What a disappointing boss fight. What a strangely satifying ending. Except for the fact that nothing explains how Gran Soren got patched up like nothing ever happened. Also kind of weirded out that my love interest suddenly changed for the final cutscene from who it was at the Dragon Fight.

I'm still kind of disappointed that 90% of the game amounted to padding, but the rest of the game was so enjoyable that I managed to overlook it without much thought. :v:

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

Genocyber posted:

Also yeah that happens if you reach max affinity with someone else/talk to someone else you have max affinity with before finishing the game.
That makes no sense. It changed from Valmiro to Aelinore. Aelinore's rescue from the Blighted Manse was the last thing I did before fighting the Dragon and after that, by that point both of them had vanished from the game as result of their quests, so I couldn't have talked to Aelinore between the fight with the Dragon and the fight with the Seneschal.

Game's weird. :psyduck:

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

sitchelin posted:

I'm getting burned out on this game, and I've decided to trade it in, if not today, then tomorrow. Before I do, if anyone's short on RC, post your info and I'll haul your pawn around BBI for a while, killing indiscriminately and see if it doesn't renew my passion for this awesome game. This is for people using the PS3, sorry XB360 owners.

My PSN is SacredNym. I'm not really BBI ready but if you're willing to run around with a level 50 pawn have at.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

TehGherkin posted:

I never did import my original Dragma save, it should still be on the cloud. I was wondering if I'd be able to import it, then make a new character and get me my eternal ferrystone and such?

You'll have to delete your existing DA save from your hard drive manually but yes, that would work.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

Thistledown posted:

I believe if you delete the DA save data entirely, it should give you back the import bonuses.

This is correct. The import process doesn't do anything to the vanilla DD save, so if you remove the DA save from the system the game will try to reimport it when it goes to make a new one.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

Walrus Pete posted:

Yeah, I know. I should've said so, but this was on NG+.

If I had to guess the "current seat holder" is updated when you sleep at an inn while online, much like everything else. Got no proof of that though.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

The Seneschal is a pansy that goes down in 2 hits basically regardless. If you are even at all capable of taking on the Dragon then you are also vastly over prepared for the Seneschal.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

The letterboxing of that video is worrying me more than it probably should, but that framerate will make the game playable again to me. Can't wait ot pick it up again.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I really hope it's going to run at 60 FPS though and it's just the video running at 30.

Crank the video up to 720p or higher. It's 60FPS.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

So when can we pre-load?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

Archonex posted:

Can I do New Game+'s? I heard so. If so, does everything just die in one hit eventually due to there being no increased challenge?

Yes. And yes.

• Locked thread