Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Levitate posted:

How come your dog always looks stoned

That's a Jack Herer terrier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
You could always get a Shapoopie and catch it before it hits the ground

Or if you don't want a unitasker, a plain catcher's mitt from the thrift store

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Never noticed he had a come-hither stare blue eye, is that common at all in Bosties?

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Instant Jellyfish posted:

This picture of a "beauceron" was in their dogs 101 episode about briards.

This is what a beauceron actually looks like:

Okay, are we sure this isn't some animal-based take-off of Look Around You?

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Brillig posted:

Supposedly it's something like a 1 in 3000 chance. He's kind of like a little furry four leafed clover.

They are also usually sterile, I think?

I'm pretty sure that male torties are XXY males; in human terms that's Klinefelter's syndrome

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Superconsndar posted:

Yeah, they prob intentionally got it while I was here so they could dump everything on me and then when I move back out all the hard work will already be done. I p much said this and they were like "OH LOL DONT ACT LIKE YOU DONT LIKE IT, YOU LOVE DOGS DONT EVEN ACT LIKE YOU DONT WANT A BULLDOG PUPPY TO PLAY WITH LOL"

Most likely, I will raise this dog, move out, and then they will completely undo everything and utterly wreck it until I finally take it from them in 5-10 years. That seems to be about how it goes with them. :emo:

Just take him with you when you move out and deny anything EVERYTHING if asked

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
You are eventually getting the house for putting up with all this bullshit, right?

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Superconsndar posted:

Puppy would have spent, collectively, 45 minutes uncrated today if I hadn't taken him out and gave him poo poo to do when I got home from work. All potty breaks and meals, no actual attention.

Got yelled at for taking him out when I got home because he squatted in the house before being scooped up and taken outside, because if I'd just left him crated, he wouldn't have gotten pee on her floor. She "can not have dogs peeing on her floor."

I let him play with Frankie, and they were having fun, but that is now off limits because my dogs will ruin her dog and she doesn't want him to learn their bad habits.

I'm not sure what your situation really is but Godspeed

redmercer fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Aug 7, 2012

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Greycious posted:

I found out the next day that the dog is actually ALIVE.

Someone apparently told my boss he was put to sleep, without knowing their poo poo. :psyduck:

Whatever, just happy I get to groom our massive buddy soon.

Has that someone been found and shitcanned yet?

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
oops

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Superconsndar posted:

Okay so you guys I know I'm about to be really obnoxious but,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SEEuTcc3XQ
(video linked because boring cow included lots of :nms: footage of Not Dog Fighting to make her feel special for owning a pit bull)

Does the fact that I want to punch this stupid bitch in the face make me a bad person

Because she has no idea what she is talking about and is everything wrong with every pit bull rescue lady ever

I want to take her dog away and high 5/chest bump him and then we will go out and do normal dog things because literally no one ever fought that dog/what does cropping have to do with dog fighting/what are you even talking about i am so mad.

I want to throw up all over all of the rescue ladies. None of their stupid dogs were ever fought/rescued from a fighting ring/used as a bait dog/I hate you.

I think I'm doubly mad because I had this exact conversation about Moses when I took him to Petco today with someone who got REAL MAD about the fact that he was ~~~~ FROM A BREEDER~~~~ after previously blooblooing over him because "omg he must be an ex fighter right omg did u rescue him omg." I don't think I know a single person irl who owns a pit bull who did not get it just so they could then go to everyone and say "I REHABILITATED AN EX FIGHTING DOG. HE WAS FOUGHT. IN A DOG PIT. AND HAD HIS BALLS ELECTROCUTED AND SET ON FIRE. AND WAS A BAIT DOG. AND FED KITTENS. YEAH, I TAMED HIM AND MADE HIM A NORMAL DOG, I'M JUST SO OPEN MINDED."

Welp thanks for letting me vent PI :tipshat:

I'm sure if we all knew the dog fighters like you do we'd see them differently.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Superconsndar posted:

My response to this has always been to dump his rear end off the bed and then punt him out the door. If it were a bigger dog I would END LIVES over it and do all kinds of training but it's Frankie, what the gently caress is he going to do, burp at me to death?

My personal experience with small dogs shows that the real danger's from the other end.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Invalid Octopus posted:

My SO's parents live out in the suburbs with a fenced backyard and have a dog door, his mom is home all the time, and their yorkies still use pee pads. I don't get it at all.

They're lazy, that's the whole deal

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Kiri koli posted:

I watch my friend's cats when he travels and if he's gone more than four days, they will poop on his bed in protest.

I've read somewhere that that's because the cats think that your friend will smell the turds all the way out in Albuquerque or wherever the hell he went. Called it a "scent flare" or something. Anyone with any expertise care to weigh in?

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CVXO9PVhPs

Big fluffy cats running on a big wheel

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Serella posted:

So I think my boyfriend's dog trolled my cat seriously hard last night. My boyfriend was in the bathroom and had a good chuckle, pointing out the enormous poo poo the cat had taken. Seriously enormous.

There is no way that thing came out of my cat. It is three times as big as one of his poops. The dog must have jumped into the cat's box in secret and dropped a deuce in there. I can only imagine how pissed the cat must have been. :mmmhmm:

Are you sure you're not being trolled by your boyfriend? I've gotten bored enough in a relationship where I'd pinch a loaf in the catbox just to make things interesting

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Superconsndar posted:

DID ANY OF YOU GUYS SEE THIS COMING!?

You shoulda went to Europe.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Shifty Pony posted:

I love that Moses seemed more concerned about "omg fooooood" than really messing with the cat. I swear cat food is like candy for some dogs.

Especially once it's been through a cat's digestive tract!

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Golden-i posted:

X-posting from the YOSPOS catte thread because d'awwww

Frostbitten cat, lost both ears, now at the same shelter I got Refurb at

Link to facebook page

Doraemon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Fat Dio posted:

Today one of the groomers had two dogs named Max at the same time and I've had seven Cocos so far - only one has actually been brown.

To be fair, she wasn't either

• Locked thread