Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

ungulateman posted:

Might as well get it on the first page so that it doesn't get over-posted: Inception's ending scene with the top. Not :aaaaa: subtle, but it's drat good for a blockbuster movie rather than some artsy piece of cinema.

Fyi, blockbuster and artsy are not mutually exclusive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Toad on a Hat posted:

DARK KNIGHT RISES MINI-SPOILER AHEAD

This was such a subtle joke, but when Commissioner Gordon is shot by Bane and thrown into the sewer, John Blake makes a mention about the only thing that Gordon was babbling about was "seeing alligators in the sewers."

There are so few people who would get that joke, but if you don't, it's referencing Killer Croc being in Gotham
Alligators, not crocodiles... You're really stretching

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Farbtoner posted:

I don't have a screencap handy, but when Scott is walking through the snow leading up to his first encounter with Roxy there's one part where there are literally 7 "x"s on screen thanks to a railroad crossing sign.

I seem to recall there being 5, because at that point Scott had only defeated two of the evil exes, thus there were five left...

Guilty
May 3, 2003
This got pointed out to me the other day, but this rather funny and endearing scene from Lilo and Stitch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNj1XTnXc_M

Becomes depressing once you remember that Lilo's parents died in a car crash caused by bad weather

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Magnus Manfist posted:

I just re-watched The Dark Knight Rises, and for the whole movie you're hearing the story about how Bane climbed out of the Pit as a child. Then, in the Awesome Twist, it wasn't Bane who escaped, it was Talia!

Except during their first fight, in his badass monologues Bane says "Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man"

He straight up tells you didn't escape as a child way earlier in the movie, and no one noticed because it was just a stream of badass fightin' words.

(Oh God eighteen people have already posted this haven't they)

Thing that always bothered me about that line was that, in the movie, no one knows if he really was born in it or not. So if the first premise is false...