Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

In Justified one of the episodes follows a guy who's killing folks in an interesting way. Before the end of the episode, we see the bad guy take off in a Taxi.

As we see the main character walk up to his hotel room, you can see a taxi parked in the background out of focus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Pilchenstein posted:

The scene immediately after that is peak Justified :allears:

I still think peak Justified is "Next one's comin faster"

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dewey......do you have to pee?

You're right. It's all peak justified.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I too learned this today.

https://twitter.com/Jayfuz/status/1300809408662904832

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Sunswipe posted:

Why did they bring the medical frigate to the attack on the second Death Star? And for that matter, what reason other than "lol evil" was there for any of the Imperial forces to prioritise the medical frigate over combat vessels? It's almost like these films were written for children.

Not all Nebulon B frigates are medical frigates.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

humans are loving everywhere

is why humans are loving everywhere.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

VideoGames posted:

It is definitely one of my most favourite Chris Evans' roles and I hope he likes it. I remember reading an article a while ago about all his roles before the MCU and he says there is one he absolutely detests and I have always been trying to figure out which one it was. Maybe Johnny Storm?

I really hope it's not The Losers. That's the first role of his I saw him in that I loved him in.

The whole bit with him gaining entrance into the building through social engineering and his escape had me laughing so loving hard and I still use some of the lines from that bit.

Edit: Also I just rewatched The Core and it's still a fun romp that I in no way recommend people on any kind of "It's a good movie" level.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

It could still have stovepiped and then get dropped in a panic instead of giving it remedial action.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I did hear that Franchis are notoriously difficult to operate.

They always got "pfft" at the end of a magazine.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Jestery posted:

Fence posts are driven into the ground

Pickets are attached to beams , not driven into the ground

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

SiKboy posted:

In all fairness, other #1 films in the US in 1993 include Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3, Cop and a Half, Cliffhanger and The Beverly Hillbillies. So yeah, 90% of movies that come out now are trash, no doubt but 90% of movies that came out then were also trash. Its just you remember the ones you like.

Um

Top films in 1993

Jurassic Park
    Mrs Doubtfire
    The Fugitive
    Schindler's List
    The Firm
    Indecent Proposal
    Cliffhanger
    Sleepless in Seattle
    Philadelphia
    The Pelican Brief

Cop and a half and TMNT 3 opened at number 1 for their opening week. Like, TMNT grossed 1/5th total what the last movie on that top 10 list made.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

SiKboy posted:

The final gross of the films is pretty irrelevant

You brought up "#1 movies", in a manner implying big very popular movies.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Baron von Eevl posted:

It actually implies movies that were number one at the box office. Why do you think someone saying "movies that were number one at the box office" would mean "movies that were not number one at the box office for the year but still did quite well overall in that period?"

They never said that. vOv. Which was my point.

Android Apocalypse posted:

I kinda want to watch TMNT 3 again. I saw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze recently and I kind of want some completion on that era's trilogy.

I thought 2 was pretty fun, had a lot of backstory, even if they hosed up not having bebop and rocksteady, and replaced them with Tokka and Rahzar.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Mescal posted:

90% of cheeses are loving amazing tho

Not if you count by volume.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Push El Burrito posted:

Wish our bellies were that roomy.

Lotta pizza can fit in there.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And they had a crossover with the Ghostbusters!

TMNT also had a crossover with power rangers.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Because that film is about as subtle as a pipe bomb.

Apparently it's got subtle bits too, because I certainly didn't notice the distortion at the time.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

GazChap posted:

Same with Red Dwarf (the UK sci-fi sitcom that started in the 80s, for those unaware)

Signs on Red Dwarf are often in English and Esperanto, and there are quite a few jokes about it in the first two series.

The books go into more detail than the show does.

The book series Magic 2.0 has one set of wizards using Esperantu for their spells because it was invented hundreds of years in the future and there's basically 0 chance any of the local people will know it.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

That's a cool subtle moment. But why the hell is it even there that makes no sense.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

There is a wise gap between what it is, and a literal translation

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Eh. People forget words for things all the time. poo poo just today I had to ask my office mate for a "spring but wound wrong" because for some reason I blanked on paperclip.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Imagined posted:

I've heard that one of the theories for why we forget things like that is that our brains try to highlight the memories we're looking for and deliberately hide the "irrelevant" ones, meaning that if the correct memory is accidentally included with the "irrelevant" ones in a given moment, trying harder to remember it will just bury it further as those internal filters double down -- which certainly matches what it feels like!

And why it feels SO GOOD to shout out the word you were looking for 1 hour later.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

BOOTY-ADE posted:

This reminded me of a post I saw somewhere of a guy & his wife who were cooking in the kitchen & he asked for the "meat tweezers" (tongs) :lol:

Friend of mine wrote her shopping list down and then went to the store. When she got to "sugar", she couldn't read it right, and wondered what "soogare" was.

It was perfectly legible, as sugar. But her brain kept giving her "soogare"

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Subtle bit in the Wheel of Time show. In one of the nightmares Perrin has, there's a very obvious moment when the man with fire for eyes shows up right in front of him and is gone again just a few frames later. It's very obvious.

What I *didn't* catch until I saw it for the 3rd time, is that the man with fire for eyes is creeping on Perrin in the window before then.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I'm not getting much of a "wow" out of this fact. Those movies were made 20 years ago.
Those movies weren't made in the 80s though?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Tumble posted:

Yea, there must have been some way to show Peck and Co that they're providing a valuable service by containing the harmful ghosts.

Although I still can't get over how ridiculous and dumb Ghostbusters 2's plot point of "The entirety of NYC and the world now doesn't believe in ghosts/weird poo poo despite hundreds of thousands, of not millions, of people witnessing with their own eyes ears and hands, a massive walking marshmallow man and many other ghostly entities". It doesn't even really change the plot, it just serves to sort of negate a lot of things from the first in ways that don't really make sense.

Nothing about the last few years has lead me to believe that "everyone just thought it was a hoax" is somehow unrealistic or a stretch of the imagination.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Nah see these folks would be killed and consumed by the zombies and would not rise. They'd be obliterated.

Either your av is extra ironic in that you have failed to grasp the fundamental point of zombies, or this is a troll and I just can't keep up anymore. :D

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

deoju posted:

Apologies for the poor image quality, I've given up trying to get screen caps of streaming services.

Use firefox. Last time I needed a screen cap that's how I did it.

I have also done a remote desktop and screen capped from that.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Watch the three amigos. He's pretty great in it.

There was some other movie he did where he's some dude with horrible luck and he teams up with Danny glover? I think, to find this guys daughter that got lost in a plane crash. It was also good but holy poo poo I'm blanking on the name.

Also inner space

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Also Robert Picardo is in Inner Space and who doesn't love more Robert Picardo?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Also if someone says something is barely x, it still is x

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Baron von Eevl posted:

Yeah scouring the shire would have been like another 20-30 minutes after the movie ended.

Scouring the Shire would have been three more movies if Peter Jackson felt he could have swung it

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The only redeemable thing about T3, and it was a deleted scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kayFrIR-Qfw

The big set piece vehicle chases and stuff were really good in T3. About the only parts I remember. Not many movies are gonna pull off a 20 ton crane car chase.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Even WOPER learned that the only winning move is not to play.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

rotinaj posted:

The resistance didn’t have any guns with a flared base and kyle practices safe anal play

If he did then there wouldn't have been a john connor.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I don't think that a music choice really removes all possible ambiguity on someone's status of "bad guy". Especially since the music playing when the T800 is at the mall and saves John is very much "bad guy" music.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

He needed sunglasses because he had sunglasses to cover his robot eye in the first movie.

There is the reason.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

My point wasn't that music doesn't change a scene.

My point is that music alone is not going to destroy any ambiguity on the good/bad guy status. Also because a later music choice would support the idea that the T800 in T2 is a bad guy. Having both types of music supports ambiguity, it doesn't end it.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

I'm a huge freak that really liked Dark Fate.
Not nearly as much as T2 but still a good amount.

Edit: horrible snype

Yea, Dark Fate was good enough to be counted as one of the actual Terminator movies. So much so that when people say "T3" I get confused when they're not talking about Dark Fate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Tunicate posted:

Doesnt arnie impale a guy and leave him stuck there like a bug?

Let off some steam!