Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
On the other hand the movie also looks a lot like some mid-late 90s taco bell commercials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Taking a look at the imdb collaborators search, Mystery Men shares 25 cast and crew members with Batman Returns, including 2 actors (Doug Jones and of course Rubens) and a bunch of crew members, mostly from the music and art departments which explains why there's some similarity in vibes.

edit

Waste of Breath posted:

We really missed out on the world where Mystery Men was the meme instead of Shrek.

Imagine a world where McG directed Mystery Men

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Philippe posted:

Spectre had the same plot twist as Goldmember, and the last movie had a villain called Lucifer Satan.

I used to know someone named [variation of lucifer] [variation of devil].

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
He's also in Midsommar, I believe he's the one that gets offed for pissing on a sacred tree.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Keoghan is like "what if Joseph Gordon Levitt but he had some kinda disorder?"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I like when she went back in time and met her pre-human ancestor, also named Lucy.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The original run of arrested developmentwas pretty incredible and does a great job of setting up gags for way later, including ones they never got around to (like Tobias being black) but man some of it has aged extremely poorly.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Hirayuki posted:

The deal with Ann Veal isn't that she's heavyset or not very pretty. (I would argue that she is neither of these things. If she is either of these things, it is not relevant.) It's more that she kind of...isn't. She's so aggressively bland that she fades into the background. People's brains can't seem to hold on to the concept of her for very long.

I call her because she's shaped like...

She's the belle of the ball!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Hirayuki posted:

When the show wants to present someone as ugly, that person is presented as UGLY. Like, you'll know it.

He also calls her Annhog and her last name is literally young cow.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Not her actual daughter, but the cat she brought with her. Kinda hosed.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Ron Howard voiceover: he didn't throw it away

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It would be weird if he was, since she wasn't in Heat.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

rydiafan posted:

They made it work in editing, like Star Wars.

Exactly, Star Wars didn't originally have any space in it. Marcia Lucas' idea during the editing process, completely turned around the picture.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

credburn posted:

I once overheard a couple guys trying to remember the subtitle of Bill and Ted's movie, and finally settled on, "Bill and Ted's Neat Invention"

Reminds me of the couple I overheard going on about that year's Oscars host, that Hugh Jackson fella.

Basebf555 posted:

I think the southern accent is worse because I actually feel like his british accent works within the context of the movie. Coppola's Dracula is totally over the top in a hundred different ways, I like that Keanu got in on that action as well. Like, go back and look at some of Anthony Hopkins line deliveries, they're completely absurd.

Yeah, everyone in FFC'sBS'sD is acting like they're in a different movie and it's wonderful. All the performances are insane, every last one of them. Yes, even Cary Ewels, yes especially the cowboy. Keanu spitting out Budapest in the first few minutes like there's a bug in the word that he almost swallowed. Gary Oldman's hairline. The cowboy.

I think of all the performances, the actress playing Lucy might have gotten closest to what Coppola had in mind.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Ok the characters and performances in Francis Ford Coppola's Bram Stoker's Dracula map really well to muppets. Keanu is doing some straight up Kermit poo poo in that movie, and Gonzo would work shockingly well as Seward. He's addicted to chickens!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Animal as Renfield.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Philippe posted:

Hang on. Bunsen Honeydew is Seward and Beaker is Renfield. Kermit and Miss Piggy play Jonathan and Mina Harker.

I was thinking Bunsen as Van Helsing, but Beaker would I guess need to be "Van Helsing's Assistant" or something.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah but unfortunately for that author the Muppets characters are the sole property of Disney.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
"Listen to them, the children of the night. What music they make!"
*ext - a pack of wolves are wearing red and white striped vests with arm garters and straw hats*
🎶"By the light of the silvery moon..."🎵

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Breetai posted:

GLOW had an amazing episode where the wrestling promotion puts on a production of A Christmas Carol that leads up to the Ghost of Christmas Future bodyslamming Scrooge into their own grave.

Ghost ladies of wrestling

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Would Animal play Gordy?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Foxfire_ posted:

I don't think anyone ever films anything with no intention at the time of airing it.

Tell that to Roger Corman.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
She should start with 2 meat arms, then have a card that says "2 weeks later" or whatever, and she has a mechanical arm and absolutely no one comments on it. Don't even leave room for another movie to address it.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Why would I want to go to Narnia? They've also got Jesus there but he's a lion? That sounds even worse.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
*to the tune of The Neverending Story theme*

credburn posted:

a never ending blowjob.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Oh, great. Next you are gonna be telling me stone cold Steve Austin is deaf and I just missed it for years.

Dwayne Johnson has no sense of smell.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's something easy to do if you commute a relatively long way via car, which many Americans do and not very many non-Americans do.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I know when I'm driving down the highway, necktie firmly buckled, doorknob exactly where it should be, I'm glad to have my trusty fingercup (the coffee cup that's also your fingers).

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Cowslips Warren posted:

I imagine Canadian graffiti something like "may the rival sports team not do as good as ours!" Or "your mom's poutine; It's not as good as mine, but it's still pretty good."

When I was in Montreal I saw some bilingual graffiti that said gently caress the police/gently caress la police

CainFortea posted:

They were really good in a lot of smaller ways, like the old school tuperware and such.

The kids are all running around with incredibly bright, white LED flashlights.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yes, just like real flashlights in the 80s.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Go for it buddy, it stops MRSA.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4441155/

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Carthag Tuek posted:

i just realized, when laszlo is wearing the cursed hat & gets his cape stuck in the cab's door and it just drives off, that is because hes not visible in the rear view mirror :pusheen:

It's actually because he's wearing the cursed hat, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Fallout 3 has a super mutant factory, it's where you find Fawkes.