Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Perplx posted:

I bet he picked that show to avoid hosed up fans too

somewhere a man is ironing his starfleet uniform, wondering if it would be proper dinner etiquette to wear his horsehead mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

NINbuntu 64 posted:

the breaking bad equivalent of a brony would be a person who decides to start a loving meth lab after seeing the show and then talking about how great running a meth lab is all the time and how breaking bad saved his life

that would own

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ulillillia should totally make a kickstarter for platform masters, maybe to pay for a team to port it to xbox live or psn

on that note, he made an hour long video showing off some of the music submissions he's received

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1mJ9ow6iT8

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

mods namechange posted:

another lost script from TNG season 8

I would actually give him money if the kickstarter was for making new TNG episodes solely from that twitter

@TNG_S8 posted:

Picard must rescue solar miners trapped on a plasma rig. Worf ruins every movie by yelling who he thinks is "dishonorable" at the screen.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

flyboi posted:

I found a use for twitter today
http://twitter.com/shit_hn_says

lol

@shit_hn_says posted:

If you are hiring for a job that requires the top 1% of intelligence, it is no surprise that you are going to have more men than women.

@shit_hn_says posted:

This is surprisingly easy because C is largely a small subset of Common Lisp.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

raruler posted:

I think if we tried we could probably get Ian McLean (the business guy), Keith Burgun (the ideas guy), and that Losethos guy together.

Hand crafted games about stats, written in assembly.

throw in Atlas and logansryche and you have yourself a kickstarter

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

so I actually thought about this for a few minutes and came to the conclusion that this project is only going to attract the funding and nerdbase necessary to work if you dial-down its scope dramatically

I mean yeah, it's already been posted that nerds are only going to be there if it's something they obsess over; the homestuck kickstarter got like $500,000 in the first twelve hours and it still has almost a month to go, and the bronycon documentary got like $300,000 when it was done

maybe statpedia can harness that too if you reduce its focus to just being a place for statistics about nerd poo poo to be posted, I mean, these people care enough to create their own wikis, hell, the star wars wiki alone has almost 100,000 pages

now think of that, and the homestuck, star trek, and my little pony wikis, and the amount of inane nerd stats you could tap into with statpedia

this isn't going to happen, though, because the second you show anyone on those sites your kickstarter they're going to take the idea and implement a version of it on their own sites, because where else would they post the stats they so lovingly gathered about their favorite subjects

people cared enough to endlessly-edit wikipedia, and some cared hard enough to make even spergier spin-off wikis, how is statpedia supposed to incentivize itself enough to draw them away from that?

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 11, 2012

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ian McLean posted:

Seriously dude. You are a habitual flavor waster. Not to mention that I think a large scale fusion reactor is primitive.

Whatever that large scale device is, it should be able to be produced on a micro scale as capacitors so it can be used to power any object at an affordable price. It also has to be safe.

Micro Fusion Reactors!

This guy is an interesting fellow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i29oXQHh-U4

this is junk pseudoscience

quote:

1 Teaspoon of Heavy Water has the energy content of 300 Gallons of Gasoline. You could go 55 million miles on a gallon. There is enough deuterium fusion fuel in the top 1 foot of seawater in the San Francisco Bay to supply all of mankind's projected energy needs for the next 50-100 years... And you wonder why the Federal Reserve Corporation has been suppressing it... Since their petro-dollars and their power is backed by Oil.

ron paul gonna set our cars free

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

hey ian, I know a philosopher you may want to look into, might broaden your perspective on the world a little bit

his name's david icke

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

yeah rip

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

killed in tarm smash

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ZYNGA STOCK CRASHER posted:

ok so how do i, a big investor, make money

you get to put in a stat, online!!!!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

People in the USA are still considered the world's idea people,

based on kickstarter alone I have to say this is %100 accurate

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

this looks like a terraria rom hack

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ian McLean posted:

Then I need to figure out how to contact this Nate Silver guy.

hit him up on twitter, this is a partnership that needs to happen

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

i'm the Adult indie movie

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

maniacdevnull posted:

yeah what happened there that nerds went from super thin to super fat?

the internet happened

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dr. Honked posted:

paging ian. i think you need to fix this

http://statpedia.com/staging/week-24/#!/kickstarter

someone will probably goatse it

Burp And Fart Piano Stats

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I don't have to worry about timesheets, or making sure people developing the priority stuff, scheduling team meetings. I can just innovate, read over the code, make small changes here and there, and continue developing the big picture statpedia vision.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

My next experiment will be this winter, where I will live in my outside 20x20 workshop with no electricity. I will not use any firewood or fire, and will just use a roll of painters plastic that I will line the building with for some small amount of insulation. That and a lot of blankets and warm clothing. I'm imagining a scenario where a Super Volcano erupts and puts us into a nuclear winter.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

same

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Install Gentoo posted:

but if xna is dead then what we will have for the next xbox indie games service :(

html5 and javascript

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DNova posted:

but do you pronounce "png" as ping????????

you pronounce it PNG's Not GIF

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Uli could seriously afford a new computer, windows 7, and better internet if he just started a Platform Masters kickstarter

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Masaokis needs his own Kickstarter

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

gonna be a lot of suicides when the show goes off the air

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

:sbahj:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ian McLean posted:

Brogrammer for sure! :)

I always read brogrammer as brogamer

Ian does this word also describe you

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

YOSPOS: dude I am in the middle of Academia. What do you want from me.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

West SAAB Story posted:

py2exe, BAT2COM for web2.0

this seems more like Ian's thing

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

sweet, it's been a while since the last time someone committed a federal crime on the forums

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

actually nevermind I'm convinced this is atlas trolling us again

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ian McLean posted:

Statpedia will be successful, and then once it is, I am going to build humanoid robots where people can upload the skills to an iStore and sell them on an online market. Then I can eat a different dish every day of my life because Google cars bring the materials to my robot. If everyone is buying everyone else's food dishes on this iStore, not to mention any other type of skill, it will create a new global economy of people buying other peoples robot skills.

i love you

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

teh z0rg posted:

i long for death

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

mods please rename Ian to TobleroneStatpedia

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Heresiarch posted:

Somebody introduce Ian to Ulillillia.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Proteus4994 posted:

where's losethos when you need him?

busy being an engineer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbW5WLLhhgk

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

WHOIS John Galt posted:

it's called google goggles you schizo

stop trying to act like every thought you have has merit or is some billion dollar idea

mods, please change Ian's name to The Billion Dollar Man, tia

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Al! posted:

i aint never seen an almond+ (.)(.)

they prefer to be called interracial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.