Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Werthog 95 posted:

i'm trying not to make fun of that person's picture and it's killing me

i am withholding my comments until I get confirmation she doesn't have MS or isn't mentally retarded or something like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

judge for yourself

welp, let me go get my book of classic burns out

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Proteus4994 posted:

in that ncis chick's defense, she was part of one of the greatest scenes ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msX4oAXpvUE

dual keyboard wielding like polycarbonate extensions of her hands

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

actually I like the idea of a place where all the people I'd normally have to try to avoid can congregate so I can just avoid a whole city block instead

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

hmmm yes let me use this filthy disgusting stovetop for my demo video

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

JawnV6 posted:

i wouldn't understand how to "precisely senses conductive objects (like fingers) up to 1.2 inches away from the pad with sub-pixel resolution"

5" screen at 1080p we're talking about precision better than 5 thou

oh, and it supports 4k output

when you're making poo poo up whole cloth you might as well go full retard

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Elder Postsman posted:

i can not possibly believe that a few milliseconds actually matter in internet games.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Elder Postsman posted:

gamers are scum and i applaud companies that make money off their stupidity

look man, i need my packets to get there faster ok?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

there is actually a way to pay money for this to happen but it involves VPNs to bypass terrible edge connections between your terrible american ISP and your MMOG's network

if this is something you do so you have an edge in video games, go kill yourself

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

anthonypants posted:

everyone i know who had a pebble watch stopped using it within like a month and then sold it to some other idiot

wonder what dyp thinks of this

MeKeV posted:

If I didn't already have a steel I'd definitely be pre ordering the new one.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-time-awesome-smartwatch-no-compromises/description

The interface looks great, so really happy it's going to be coming to old pebbles too (minus the colour).

oh

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

whoa whoa whoa, check out this guy who's been building computers since 1998

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

not at this distance, your honour

came to post this

pebble gonna be sued out of existence

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

screen the size of a postage stamp

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
da

uncurable mlady posted:

i filed a patent application for loving your mother but it was rejected because there was too much prior art

drat son

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

i get the pallete. i get the chair.
what i don't get is the lovely table of banged together unsanded planks where they didn't bother to line up the edges. that, or it's tilting or something.

it's a bespoke, artisinal pallet, you loving savage

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
is this the game that nerds have spent literally thousands of earth dollars on pretend space ships?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

DiabloStarCraft posted:

Star Citizen has now raised more money than it took the nation of India to send a robot to mars on an actual space rocket.

In other dumb kickstarter news I like smbc but this is super dumb - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/weiner/the-gentlemans-single-use-monocle

19 thousand united states earth dollars

salt the earth

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

MrMoo posted:

a watch that is "only" 1.4 inches thick, this list is clearly not going to happen:

"Hey Bob, what features should it have?"

"Um...all of them?"

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Bloody posted:

500 dollars for some poo poo some kids build in a garage when ocz was selling the same thing for 200 a decade ago

quote:

In extreme mode, all bets are off and the user will have the full use of the compressor at their disposal. This mode offers the user a temperature down to -24C/-11F, and will definitely freeze water out of the air. We would like to develop a small vacuum sealed container for the heat sink for use in this mode. The container will slide over the device, and then the user will use a cheap ($10) hand vacuum pump to remove the air so that condensation can't form

isn't heat dissipation in a vacuum loving awful

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/03/magazine/zpm-espresso-and-the-rage-of-the-jilted-crowdfunder.html?_r=0

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
but does he have a printer in his kit

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

:rip:
[/quote]

he gon' die

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Vicas posted:

i really hope he checks himself into a hospital tomorrow next week for his own our sake

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Sweevo posted:

so the guy gave up then?

i tried reading the thread, but there's 20 pages of gbs whitenoisers posting "sned teh gorp lol"

4 days and 20 something miles is how far he got.

part of his reasoning was that once his cart broke (at the 6 mile mark) people stopped paying attention to him and he bacame just another faceless hiker.

so basically his cart is a fedora analogue

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
just want to clarify I didn't make that, someone in the main thread did

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

this was about the same time that electrolytes hit the mainstream and everyone started thinking that if they do anything more physically demanding than walking to the refrigerator they need to be downing 200cal of gatorade.

Gatorade used to be worth a drat before they figured out they'd sell a lot more if they knocked the sodium back and add more sugar and keep playing to that sports performance angle.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

atomicthumbs posted:

as someone who works for an actual e-waste recycling center, ha ha ha ha ha

if logansryche somehow manages to get this off the ground he's going to crash and burn as soon as he has to deal with the first microwave that had something horrible in it and then was left outside in the rain for five years.

that or he'll blow his hand off on a microwave capacitor

so you're saying its a win win situation then

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
who the gently caress buys a brand new appliance and when it's broken right away isn't raising hell re:warranty but just goes out and buys another one.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

does it have an api? because if so: 2 curls, one cup

this needs more love

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Soricidus posted:

no sex, assured

no, sex assured

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Elysiume posted:

she also does kiwi blitz http://www.kiwiblitz.com/
it's a completely different comic though

here are three comics but I'm tired and going to bed
http://www.astralaves.com/
http://derelictcomic.com/
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/

lol, get banned for this poo poo

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

As a Millennial I posted:

heh, you like a thing? you stupid fucker. gently caress you. get the gently caress out of YOSPOS.

exactly

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

BiohazrD posted:

This seems pretty cool but I'm sure it infringes in some way on the magsafe patent

also lol kickstarter it'll never ship and if it does it'll be broken

quote:

Our patent lawyer did a patent search before we started the project. This is one of the reasons why we didn’t develop ZNAPS into a whole charging cable. We haven’t infringed on Apple's patent.

lol

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

on a laptop the power cord is frequently attached while you use it and someone walking by can trip and pull the whole thing down, so a magnetic plug lets it detach and avoid damage. with a phone you charge it on a short cord and mostly at night when there's little foot traffic so it's much less useful

if they really get around apple patents with their scheme, they should combine it with one of those universal power adapters and sell it to pc laptop havers bc that actually has a potential market

It's a good idea for micro-USB since you can plug it in either way, but lol at their lawyers standing a chance against Apple

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

I'm not kickstarting some project to preserve a suit that only got as far as a movie lot in California

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
can I cast my vote for you to kill yourself?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Bloody posted:

that is why we are going to make dicepos, the first dice ever to be truly random(tm)

*uses javascript rng*

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Sweevo posted:

if you roll three 1's in the row then it shows moose milkie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I've never played EVE but I enjoy reading about the loving master trolling by Goonfleet because that poo poo is hilarious

• Locked thread