Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Got HBO Max with my Cricket plan and I like it but there's no way I'd pay sticker for it, particularly with ads. Same goes for Hulu, honestly, which I'm on like my third year of getting for $2 a month thanks to Black Friday. Netflix got weirdly expensive too.

Cable didn't die it just regenerated, they gon get their money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Apple TV is great but that remote is just such a massive caveat. Love my shield toblerone

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

OldSenileGuy posted:

I’ve been watching a lot more YouTube lately, and the amount of ads is starting to get to me. I looked into signing up for YouTube Premium to remove the ads, but I literally lol’ed when I saw it’s $15/month. gently caress THAT

Has anyone done the trick where you VPN to Argentina and sign up there to only pay about $1.50 a month? Is that something that’s safe to do on my main account, or should I make a separate account specifically for that? Also, I’ve seen some places say that you need to enter an Argentinian billing address to make it work. Obviously that won’t fly with my American credit cards, but would it work if I just bought a Google Play gift card and used that to pay? Or would I specifically have to buy an Argentinian Google gift card?

What I'm hearing is, no matter how mad it makes me I should never cancel the YouTube Music account I have that started as a Google Play Music account

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

bull3964 posted:

Unless the poster wasn't in the US, YouTube premium which includes YouTube music is $11.99 /month, not $15.

Still more expensive than what I'm paying, nominally just for the music

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

That's what I'm paying for my grandfathered GPM family plan that I'll apparently hang on to until I die

Looks like it's $6.99 if you're a student (fine), $11.99 for an individual (gently caress!) or $17.99 for a family plan (fine if there's more than 2 of you but still, drat)

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

bull3964 posted:

It's $2 more than Spotify Premium and $2 is worth no youtube ads.

Spotify Premium comes with a music streaming service that isn't an embarrassment, though. There's some value there.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

bull3964 posted:

People say this all the time, but I've really noticed no functional difference for me. Both services play the poo poo I tell it to play. Yay. Done.

Ok but your mailing address is 123 On Google's Dick

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Hope I get a 4th year of ad-supported Hulu for next to nothing this Black Friday. Gotten kinda accustomed to that!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

ESPN is the 800 lb gorilla and I could see a ton of people canceling their YouTube TV subscriptions if they can’t get it.

Does the Disney bundle include ESPN?

The gorilla is dropping a fair amount of weight for the next 8 months with the end of the college football season. If I was gonna play hardball with ESPN this is the time of year I'd try it.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

is anyone directly paying for HBOMax

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I get it for free with my Cricket poorphone whale plan, and everyone I know IRL is in a similar boat. I really do like it though - it's become the first one I open.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Rokus are practically made for olds. Dead simple.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

If you're not getting at least one of these services free with your phone plan and/or home internet service...how

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Vudu is the one that's on everything and it works every time. What's it doing that's so bad?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Imagine scrolling past a Roku to buy your parents any of that janky bullshit

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Nitr0 posted:

Hisense is a very bad tv

I got one recommended by rtings and it's worked so well it's kinda turned me around on smart TVs.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

pmchem posted:

are there any special (or recurring) deals to look out for with Netflix or Paramount+? gonna be looking to rotate out of YoutubeTV as NFL season ends and into a movie/tv service (that we don't already have) for some binging. hardware is a LG C2 (and separately, a PC) but we could get an AppleTV device if needed.

I know there was a paramount+ deal around black friday but I wasn't looking then

Comes free with Walmart+ if that has some benefits you might find useful.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Walmart+ In-Home delivery was already calling the utility of Prime into question at my house.