Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The final version of the Deadzone Marauders are now out, in fully painted glory

For scale next to a Warpath Ork

I backed Deadzone, and I'm pretty drat happy with them, can't wait for them to start shipping.

^^Also, ack ack ack! had no interest in the Mars Attack KS until those minis went public, looking good to destroy my wallet :ohdear:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

VoodooXT posted:

It's why I bought practically everything during the Dreadball Kickstarter (same with Deadzone). :negative:

I didn't back Dreadball, but I did this with Deadzone too :downs:

But last month I bought the Dreadball starter kit on sale, already painting the Marauders and planning to get at least the Robot, Forge Fathers and Teraton teams as well

:negative:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Does anyone here know anything about Mantic points? I got the Dreadball retail box, and it had a card inside to attach my mantic points to, but I can't find any little sticks in the box that look like points to me.

Also those fantasy Orx are cool, but I'm not really into fantasy type games, I'm waiting for Warpath to get a solid start (and my Deadzone guys so I can get a good idea of which Warpath army I want the most)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

enri posted:

Saw deadzone on pre-order on a site last night, one of the bits listed as in the box was a foam playing mat. Thought the foam mat was an added extra, it's the only reason I bumped my pledge up to the $150 level from the $100 level. Mistake on behalf of the online shop or have they upgraded the basic set?

We backed them so hard they were able to upgrade the basic retail set, but the $100 pledge still only got the paper mat iirc.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Oct 20, 2013

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Daedleh posted:

I think that's a retailer mistake. Not had official confirmation from Mantic, but the other Pathfinder I've spoken to thinks it's a paper mat in the box.

I can't find where I read it, but this is the promo image of the retail box

and that's one of the deluxe mats it's sitting on. I'm positive there was such a high demand for them during the kickstarter that they were able to fund a big enough production run to get enough for the retail boxes. I got extras and backed Strike Force anyway, so it doesn't make a huge difference to me, but I was sure that's what happened.

Daedleh posted:

I was quite proud that I'd managed to get 3 wins and just 1 loss, especially considering that I'd not had any practice games with the army. With that I managed to get third place

:golfclap:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 20, 2013

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

enri posted:

Just curious anyway, I think it's bad form to bump up lower levels like that without making some kind of noise about it, what about the people who paid the $20+ for one matt or more thinking they weren't getting one in the $100 level package anyway?

They still didn't get one in the $100 pledge, all Mantic did was upgrade the final retail box

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm a bit far away to go to Open Day. I want a free bag of minis, damnit :smith:

The Martian crossovers are working for me, but not sure I'll buy any. I suppose the Deadzone cards are cheap enough.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

outlier posted:

That can't be right, can it? "Ships within two days" Even if they kickstarted a whole bunch, they wouldn't have them as yet.

Those are the special pre-release ones, they don't have them yet, but they will have them and ship them before the general retail release next year - even says so in the blurb!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The change to allowing everything in the second wave was really handy for me, because it let me get one of each of the terrain types now with the ability to buy more of the ones I like later, as opposed to having to take a gamble on a few photos and some sprue renders when they were wave 1 only.

Planned to do the same with the zombies, but they won't make it in the first shipment. No harm.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Mars Attacks took a hit on Monday/Tuesday, they lost nearly $30k in backer funds, which was two stretch goals worth and nearly a third. They responded by throwing some new freebies into the basic pledges, cleaning up the process into a couple of 'single click packages' and shrinking a stretch goal value, and it stopped the bleeding, but it hasn't rebounded yet.

I'm sticking to my $140 early bird, and I'm still not sure I'm going to keep it - it's a lot of money for one board game, when I could easily go and pick up two other games and a LNoE expansion that I know my friends will play.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

moths posted:

Any idea what caused that? It coincides with some Deadzone news, including that one DZ update that people were getting inexplicably furious at.

Aside from the no Deadzone minis thing, could also be a combination of people deciding there wasn't enough to buy with the $300 pledge and dropping to $150, people who were sitting on both pledges with 2 accounts making a decision on which one to keep, actual malcontents, and something about an AvP project taking all the money form people who were pledged but still undecided, though near as I can tell that project isn't live yet.

Those production minis for Deadzone look great, I get happier with my decision to back it for way too much money all the time, the kneeling Goblin sniper is rad as gently caress. Can't wait to see what the special alternate pose 1st Gen I backed enough to get will look like. What? :shepspends:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Nov 6, 2013

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

VoodooXT posted:

Huh, I've already been waffling for a week now about dropping my Bloodshed on the Battlefield pledge and this news of the 30k drop doesn't help any.

If it helps, while we lost 3 stretch goals, the Bloodshed pledge level actually gained content rather than lost, as part of the recovery effort, and I still think it'll get the final 48 hour bounce from people who haven't watched and have no idea a bunch of people pulled out earlier in the week. $600k final total seems like a reasonable estimate.

The $300 pledge is tempting but I think it's probably a bit much for one game that's meant to be a simple tabletop thing, I think I'll do the same and just stick with Invaders, plus the Dreadball team and Deadzone faction decks.

Edit: As I type, a message arrives from Mantic - Deadzone Rules PDF is now available for backers at Wargamevault, URL is in your KS inbox

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Nov 6, 2013

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It's still going backwards I don't understand :psyduck:

People pull out, then others pull out because they think the value has gone down, causing the value to go down and people to pull out. Hopefully the 48 hour email gets some kind of bump back.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Sydney Bottocks posted:

What were they at before the pledges started dropping? I haven't been keeping up too much with this KS because I'm not all that big of a Mars Attacks fan, but I'd still like to see Mantic do well :(

It was almost at $500k when it started dropping, and despite all the value increases, readability changes and new stretch goals on totals where it has already been, it keeps sliding, down $1600 today already

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Phoon posted:

Edit: wait will ks backers even get the big box or just everything in plastic bags?

I want a box, and then another box for everything that doesn't fit in the first one :c00lbert:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

^^We don't get Mantic points for Kickstarter items do we?

Daedleh posted:

:siren: We are getting the box. :siren:

:pcgaming: OUTSTANDING :pcgaming:

Ordered some new paints Monday, decided on the colour theme for my Enforcers, just remains to be seen whether or not I can pull it off. Also considering doing my Plague either P3 purple or Vallejo sunset red with the white highlights, rather than the pink. My rebs, man I've got so many colours I want to try on the different aliens, and picked up a deep red I was thinking of using as a second colour on the Teraton as well as possibly on some terrain. Long way to go before it arrives down here, but getting excited :neckbeard:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Phoon posted:

Yeah forge fathers are awesome but I'm gonna wait for the inevitable ks before I go hard into warpath.

Unfortunately (fortunately for my wallet) they're saying the Warpath KS is quite a ways back in the queue, they have Dwarf Kings Hold 4, Dreadball Extreme and Kings of War II to come in some order first. Apparently Warpath is going to go for all hard plastic sprues, abandoning restic, but they're not going to do it until they get the process right, which is what the terrain and the enforcer peacekeeper squad was about.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

No no please, do go on :magical:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

enri posted:

Ladies, Gents... just received an email:

:allears:

Tomorrow just got a whole lot more fun if that scheduled delivery date is at all accurate. In a perfect world, it wouldn't be, I have some freelance work to squeeze in tonight and tomorrow night, so it'll be sat there taunting me the whole time if it's on time :(

Curses.

It can't be Deadzone, they just said in the KS comments they haven't started shipping yet (except the retail boxes, which already left I think) and they'd let us know when they started leaving.

Did you order anything else from Mantic, one of their Xmas boxes maybe?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I didn't get a shipping notice, I want a shipping notice :(

So is anyone else planning to dump their entire order on ebay and never speak of it again, even while burning the office down, because Mantic betrayed the gods themselves by making the Helfather and Chovar Psychic out of metal? (This Dakka place is hilarious sometimes)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

So much for them doing it in reverse order of distance so that people in the uncharted territories Africa, the disputed regions South America, and the forbidden zone Australia get them on time :mad:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I read something about it being people who paid for the courier option going first, and something about a falling out with the increasingly pathetic (2kg absolute limit so my UK friend is having to send me a codex+iyanden and some eldars via courier because it's cheaper than 2kg + 1.1kg RM boxes (and yet still cheaper in total than local GW prices :v:), the 4 paint pot limit fiasco) Royal Mail.

Yes, Royal Mail will no longer ship any package over 2kg with the exception of documents and papers, and will tell you to use a courier instead. Considering the weight of everyone's boxes, I think we'll all be getting them by courier no matter what we paid for originally.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Nov 28, 2013

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

NOt here yet, but they just put up a youtubr of Ronnie unboxing the average brown postal box worth of stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBvtWSclXVc

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

immortal flow posted:

So I'm a huge boardgame nooblord who's just heard of Mantic Games - are these guys disgruntled ex-GWers making trimmed-down versions of GW games that don't require such a colossal time / money / learning investment? It looks like every game in their current lineup has a GW equivalent and I'm wondering how they got so established without my hearing about them earlier. This stuff looks pretty slick, I never got to play Necromunda the first time round either :<

edit - Designed by Jake Thornton? I remember that guy from White Dwarf, like decades ago. Huh.

I'm still fairly new to them as well, but pretty sure they started as a successful "proxy WHFB for a fraction of the price" company who have moved onwards and upwards from there, due in large part to Kickstarter. So yeah, while all of their projects have had GW equivalents, they announced at their open day they plan to say gently caress GW and forge on out on their own to create things that compete with and beat GW in the marketplace, rather than ride on their coattails. Someone who knows rules better than I do could tell you how they're going with that, but Deadzone rules look fun and pretty easy.

They're not without issue, mostly over QC, but they're getting better.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I got a shipping notice for my Xmas box last night, so at least there's that. Of course now I realise that instead of adding an extra Giant and MVP to reach the free shipping threshold, I could have added a second box with a giant and mvp, plus stacks more sprues for just another 5 pounds. Silly me.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Sydney Bottocks posted:

No wonder DZ was such a success on Kickstarter, I didn't know they were including free cats with every order! :v:

You mean you didn't pledge enough to get the free cats? :smugbert:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

My cats are still being packaged.

TarDolphinorShark posted:

I meant the Zee Scavengers from Deadzone not the dreadball team. The last picture I saw of them was a sculpt that only looked partially finished. The Zees from this update http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/deadzone-the-sci-fi-miniatures-board-game/posts/533524. The one of the left mainly looks like it was not finished. Is that the final version? just wondering since I have not seen any more pictures of them since that update.

I totally forgot those Zees even existed, I've not seen anything about them since then either.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Just got my shipping notification and tracking nuber down here to Aus SHIP FASTER DAMNIT :holy:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

So aside from the special alternate sculpts for the $400 and $500 pledges (getting both :neckbeard:), and for courier backers, are there any special characters considered rare? Are the four "kickstarter exclusives" really going to be that, and hence short in produced numbers?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

moths posted:

I suspect that the KS exclusives may appear as Mantic points rewards. Knuckleheads always order dozens as "investments" and you'll soon find them all over eBay near original price.

That's reassuring about the shipping, I was beginning to suspect that something had gone horribly wrong with my order.

I'm not after investments, I thought I might donate one or two of the exclusive ones to the Oath thread since I don't think it's had a Mantic month before, and replace them in my own set with the second shipment. There's not much point if they'll be as common and easy to get as a bag of restic enforcers, if you know what I mean, though.

Survivor, Freya, Blaine and Oberon are the listed KS exclusives, along with courier-alternate Survivor, $300-alternate resin Reb Commander and $400-alternate resin Plague 1st gen.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Dec 11, 2013

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I grabbed 2 ruins, 1 fort and 1 landing pad to go with the core in strike team, with the intention of grabbing another fort and landing pad (or more) if I liked what I saw.

My Box is currently in the air between Koeln and the next port of call, probably Sydney.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I was going to wait and see if there was any chance of me being able to assemble and disassemble them easily without breaking the connectors first, and if I could do that then take a look and see if there was a way I could paint them so that they still looked good but none of the bits that would rub or scratch would have paint on them.

Pretty idealistic, but waiting for box in hand first, it's currently doing the local time zone dance across the US, still in Louisville I believe, via Philadelphia, Koeln and Castle Donnington. Not my record though, I once ordered a book from amazon.co.uk that originated in Scotland, and went through England and Germany before hitting 8 different nodes in the US on its way to Sydney and then Adelaide.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Probably one or two people in a room, taking one thing out of all the nearest boxes until they ran out, before replacing them and moving on. Be interesting to line up all the boxes they made in a row in order and see if there's a pattern that fades in and out.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I read up on previous years before buying, and apparently no bases is always a thing

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hoping I get some Ogres and Dorfs of the space or fantasy persuasion.

An insight into international shipping to Australia:

My Deadzone package with UPS has gone Nottingham -> Castle Donnington -> Koeln -> Philadelphia -> Louisville -> Honolulu -> Sydney (Botany) -> Melbourne, where it quickly cleared customs 40 minutes ago -> in transit now to me in Adelaide.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Courier arrived while I was in the shower, the only 15 minutes of the day nobody was able to answer the door. Fortunately, the resounding thump I heard was him putting the box over the side gate and into the yard, no need to arrange a pick up from the depot! Now I can head out and run some quick errands, then come home and unbox it before work.

AgentF posted:

I'm waiting for my Deadzone in Adelaide too. I'll be playing with friends but hopefully there'll be some clubs or stores that attempt to build up a scene for it. Tell me if you know of any.

I don't even know of any stores full stop, let alone ones who'll play it, I'm still new to wargaming. I know some clubs exist, I'll have to investigate them.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

AgentF posted:

I'm a member of Group North Wargaming Club. I might try to get something started there and I'll tell you if it takes off.

Cheers :tipshat:

Just finished my inventory of the enormous box, ended up

+1 Terrain Sprue 4.1 (Landing Pad)
+1 Terrain Sprue 5.1 (Fortifications)
+1 1st Gen, the specialist part of the booster bundle is identical to the basic Plague HQ bag minus the 1st Gen and I guess they just didn't bother taking him out
-12 Accessory Sprue - none of the exxtra battlezone freebies or add ons I bought came, only the 4 in the retail box
-1 Rebs human Missile Launcher head (Proper headcounts are always important)
-1 Boomer, Hobgoblin Grenadier
-1 Dreadball MVP
-4 White Dice

Pretty sure I also ended up with way more 40mm bases than I was supposed to get, but who is either counting or complaining?

Also slightly concerned about my Wrath, is his pistol arm supposed to be that thin and weedy looking, or did I get a miscast?

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 16, 2013

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm going to try filing mine, because I'd prefer not to glue.

Got an xmas box today, had in it:
Nameless Spawn
Anne-Marie Helder
Green Loka Centaur thing
Forge Father stormrage veterans
Deadzone Yndij + Sorak bag
3 Ogre Warriors
Marauder Command sprue
10 Men at Arms
10 Elf Archers
Magazine and Elf art

Seems I got a bit less than some. Also I need to find a base for the Nameless Spawn. I'm thinking that because I also ordered the Alpha Simian and Ludwig blisters to reach free shipping, those took up extra space in the box that would otherwise have gone to more random stuff. Sigh.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 17, 2013

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm using garden variety superglue for the restic, works well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Just a couple of hours after I replied to my friend that the 16th of March, their last option before people start missing out, was totally fine for me to attend their housewarming :smithfrog:

I'll see what happens I guess.

Pau posted:

Quick question, if I were to jump into Deadzone as of right now, what would you guys recommend?

The Deadzone Mega Deal and Collectors edition for preorder on the Mantic site are the retail equivalents of the Kickstarter Strike Team (minus some KS exclusives and backer freebies), which is still the best way to get into it. You get a mat, a good amount of terrain, 4 mercs, and the starter for every faction. The Collectors comes with more terrain, an extra merc, and the resin counters/tokens/crates. Then all you need to do is buy a faction booster for the factions you end up playing, or more starters if some people want to play the same ones.

Alternatively, find someone in your general area of the world who backed the Kickstarter and has a second survey coming, then you can piggy back onto their order, have full access to all the mercs, expansion deals, unreleased minis, additional factions and additional battlezones at the KS prices, and get it at a similar time to the retail preorder.

Not tried the campaign rules, so can't tell you.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jan 12, 2014